CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFVI Advance Espers

Posted: 29th October 2009 02:18

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Does anyone have any information regarding how to get the four new espers in FFVI Advance (or, better yet, tips on how to fight them? Leviathan is freakin' strong...)?

I know how to get Leviathan and Gilgamesh, and although I know how to get Cactuar, I've been killing the buggers outside Maranda for a while now, and Gigantuar hasn't shown up. (I did talk to the guy in Maranda who mentions Gigantuar.)

What's the last one?

This post has been edited by Insegredious on 29th October 2009 02:21

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #182091
Posted: 30th October 2009 19:33

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
For Leviathan: Equip Reed Cloaks to absorb water attacks, spam Thundaga and Ultima if you have them. He should go down no prob. Watch for nastyi physicals because the reed cloak will take your defense down.

For Gilgamesh: Actually this guy is easy. Bring Locke to steal Genji stuff if you want. Bring Strago because Gilgy may use a lot of Lores. Cast Vanish on everybody because he mostly uses physicals and pound him into the ground with Ultima. After a couple Ultima's he casts protect (whatever, you should be spamming Ultima), reflect (again, ultima) and starts using Jump attacks (useless if everybody is vanished). Awesome Magicite, basically replaces Raiden, but don't summon him, he uses random attacks which may deal high or no damage.

For Cactuar: You need to have high levels for this guy (3000+ HP for everyone).Cast Reraise on everyone and begin pummeling with Ultima and Fixed Dice. Keep everyone healed to the max. When he dies he use 1000 needles ten times to random people. If you cast Reraise, at least one person should survive, scarred but still living. Or you can launch everyone into the air with Quetzalli when he's below 1000 HP. Dude lands and dies to 10,000 needles while everybody else is safe in the air. Worthless magicite except for the +2 speed bonus.

The last esper is Diablos. Gives a +100% HP bonus on level up, and teaches Gravija. You get him when you defeat Kaiser Dragon.
Post #182134
Posted: 30th October 2009 22:59

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
I still don't like the idea of Diabolos in this game. He just doesn't seem to fit. But yeah, Kaiser Dragon is how you get him. And it is a pain.

--------------------
This is a webcomic and gaming blog where I rant about nonsense. Enjoy.

I was a soldier, now I just play one in video games.
Post #182142
Posted: 31st October 2009 00:41

Cactuar

Awards:
Thanks for the tips.

I actually ran into Gigantuar not long after posting, and it took a couple tries, but he went down fairly easily - I used Phantom to Vanish my party so Knockdown wouldn't kill anyone, and Reraise for the 10,000 needles.

Gilgamesh was easy, too - Ultima and, again, Phantom.
I'll try giving Leviathan another shot.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #182146
Posted: 31st October 2009 16:16

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Dang, I forgot about Knockdown. Yeah, that got annoying after a while but I really just had a Mage on Curaga duty. BTW, what happens when a person who is vanished has 1000 needles used on them? I believe it's unblockable, so I assumed it would remove the vanish status.
Post #182151
Posted: 5th November 2009 02:30

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (DragonGod @ 31st October 2009 16:16)
What happens when a person who is vanished has 1000 needles used on them? I believe it's unblockable, so I assumed it would remove the vanish status.

I don't remember 100%, but I think that's correct.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #182209
Posted: 8th November 2009 19:06

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Insegredious @ 5th November 2009 02:30)
Quote (DragonGod @ 31st October 2009 16:16)
What happens when a person who is vanished has 1000 needles used on them? I believe it's unblockable, so I assumed it would remove the vanish status.

I don't remember 100%, but I think that's correct.

It's doesn't go through Vanish because it's unblockable; it goes through because its magical. All physical attacks, even unblockable ones, will miss a Vanished target.

--------------------
"The Lord Bob Bree is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me post in Scenario topics.
He leads me beside GameFOX;
He restores my karma.
He leads me in paths of moderation
for His name's sake."
-Nick of Five
Post #182253
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: