CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Way More Final Fantasy Concerts Coming in 2018

Posted: 19th April 2018 21:04

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
It's time again for another Final Fantasy concert roundup, as Square Enix have just published another new set of dates to fill in some gaps in the year's slate. If you look back to our update in February, you'll see that there were already quite a few shows scheduled, starting with several for Distant Worlds - Paris this weekend, Vancouver and Cleveland in June, San Francisco in August, and North Carolina in October. On top of those, now you've got these 2018 options (and the start of 2019!):
  • Houston, July 7
  • Washington, DC, August 10
  • Seattle, September 12 and 13
  • Rochester, NY, September 25
  • Boca Raton, FL, November 2 and 3
  • Denver, May 2 and 3, 2019
If you're one of those folks hoping for a Nobuo Uematsu meetup, you'll want the DC and Seattle shows, for now.

If you've seen Distant Worlds many times or just want the smaller experience, we still have A New World. Boston's show is still tomorrow night, and until now the only other upcoming shows were in Europe, in Prague and Vienna. The new shows:
  • Rosemont, IL, May 19 and 20
  • Fort Worth, TX, June 9
  • Washington, DC, August 12
  • Philadelphia, September 21
  • St. Paul, Minnesota, September 28
  • Ann Arbor, Michigan, September 29
  • Montclair, New Jersey, November 2
You'll note that if you're really hardcore, you can see both Distant Worlds and A New World in Washington in the same weekend, and meet Uematsu twice! And, if you're doing the Texas show, composer Naoshi Mizuta from Parasite Eve II and the second two games of the Final Fantasy XIII series will be in attendance there.

This looks like a really great lineup for the rest of the year. Nothing I'll be able to make it to myself, unfortunately, but I'm excited that they seem to really be branching out!

Source: Distant Worlds, A New World
Post #214798
Posted: 19th April 2018 22:49

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Definitely going to the one A New World Concert near me!!!!

Naoshi Mizuta wrote Fang's Theme in Lightning Returns...if you meet him you could help a pal out and ask him if there were lyrics to that tongue.gif

--------------------
Post #214800
Posted: 19th April 2018 23:03

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Naoshi Mizuta also composed Final Fantasy XI, which is probably my favorite soundtrack of the series. I've met Uematsu-san once before, would love to meet Mizuta-san some day.

Technically I could go see A New World in Rosemont, but since it's at an anime convention I've never bothered to go because I don't want to fight the crowds.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #214801
Posted: 20th April 2018 01:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Harlequin @ 19th April 2018 16:49)
Definitely going to the one A New World Concert near me!!!!

I thought of you when I saw that one! I was calling people out in chat because several regulars have shows near them in this new round, but you weren't there at the time. smile.gif

Same for AltheaValara, in fact, ha!

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 20th April 2018 01:47

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214802
Posted: 20th April 2018 02:17

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 20th April 2018 01:47)
I thought of you when I saw that one! I was calling people out in chat because several regulars have shows near them in this new round, but you weren't there at the time. smile.gif

Ah, sorry for my absence!

I actually bought tickets the night they came out. We got really good seats for half the cost of Distant Worlds in January. I'm pumped!

--------------------
Post #214803
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: