CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Cartoon Characters

Posted: 31st July 2002 15:33

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
which ones did you like when you were a kid? or which ones do you like now? this can be from comics or tv or any other cartoon.

me... well, Ralph from the Simpsons has to be my favorite cartoon chacater ever. Zim is also pretty cool. Stewie from Family Guy and Squidward I also like.

anyway, opinions?

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #359
Posted: 31st July 2002 15:49

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Cartman, Butters, Tweek, the City Wok guy, and random other people from South Park. Ralph from the Simpsons, and Garfield rule as well.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #360
Posted: 31st July 2002 15:51

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Ooh.. Tough question.
When I was younger, I wasn't really allowed to watch cartoons. Dad didn't like them. When he left, Mom'd let us watch stuff like the Simpsons. So I'd say that Maggie was my favorite cartoon character. Call me retarded, I just thought she was unbearably cute.
Now my favorite cartoon character is.. well.. a toss up between Hikaru Shidou and Sae Sawanaguchi (I can't spell her last name). Both are a lot like me, but Hikaru has more strength. She has the same problems with emotions and friends. Sae is clumsy, and apologizes for everything. She is also soooo cute!
:P

This is Sae:

And this is Hikaru:

Yay!

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #361
Posted: 31st July 2002 16:50

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
ZORAK. BRAK. MOLTAR. NO DEFINITION NEEDED. THEY IS GREATEST. Well Patrick Star from Spongebob is awesome. I like how Eric Cartman ridicules his friends. Homer is just great. Stewie is the greatest baby ever drawn. Mission Hill is a great cartoon overall, go watch it, mwah.
Post #366
Posted: 31st July 2002 18:32
Engineer

Awards:
Marvin the Martian.  'Nuff said.

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #372
Posted: 31st July 2002 23:01
Returner

Moomins..   ..Dangermouse..
Post #377
Posted: 31st July 2002 23:45
Black Mage

Awards:
I'll have to go with Homer Simpson, when he was in his prime.  He was an idiot, and did a lot of funny and weird things, but he was still a good guy at heart, and he would (almost) always try to do the right thing in the end.  Of course, it would always backfire somehow . . . but the effort was there!

--------------------
Always hopeful, yet discontent; he knows changes aren't permanent --
But change is!
Post #381
Posted: 31st July 2002 23:56

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
When I was younger, I was always fond of Bugs Bunny.  Something about that conniving trickster was immensely appealing to me.  I've no idea why.

Now I'm partial to Ukyo Kuonji (Ranma 1/2), Char Aznable (MS Gundam), Sanosuke Sagara (Rurouni Kenshin), Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun), and Jet Black and Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop).

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #383
Posted: 1st August 2002 00:40
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2003. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
Spongebob is good
I like Peter from Family Guy. He's just a stupid ass adult.. like I'm going to be '^_^'
The Powerpuff Girls. OH YEAH! I dunno, I just think they're silly to watch
Dexter from Dexter's Labratory is the shiznit.
Yosamite Sam and Elmer Fudd are the two best Loony Toons
I like Wolverine and Gambit from the XMen Comics. They have random smartass moments. Plus, c'mon, they're just cool.
Eric Cartman is my hero.... not really, but he is probably my favorite cartoon character.... EVER!

--------------------
Air force... if you ever join the militant wing, join the Air force

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #394
Posted: 1st August 2002 04:50
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
ill seperate in groups..

nowadays..
 Dexter, Zim, Vash, Kenshin, Megaman, Gotenks, main guy from G gundam

as a kid..
 Rocko, Garfield, felix the cat,Ninja Turtles(who doesnt man?), voltron

felix the cat and garfield are the only cats im not allergic to
'^_^'

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #410
Posted: 1st August 2002 14:06

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
Sponge Bob Square Pants, Felix The Cat, Vinnie from the Biker mice From Mars, Garfield, Will E. Coyote,Road Runner, Tazmanian Devil, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Invader Zim, Von from EscaFlowne, Alan from EscaFlowne and god so many more but I can't think straight right now...I'll add them later.

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #423
Posted: 1st August 2002 21:56

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Homer Simpson
Mr. Garrison
Cartman
Peter Griffon *family guy*
Dale, Boomhaur and Bill *King of the Hill*
Bender *futurama*

--------------------
"Nothing exists, but atoms and the void"
-Democritus
Post #454
Posted: 2nd August 2002 01:00

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
TRANSFORMERS. HE-MAN. THUNDERCATS. VOLTRON.

You need nothing but those 4 shows right there.
Post #456
Posted: 2nd August 2002 06:47

Black Mage

Awards:
Rubes, I agree on the Transformers, and I used to watch Thundercats and He-man, but my memories of them are vague. You've gotta love the Ninja Turtles. I used to shoot pizzas out of the truck at my sister it was pure awesomeness. I've been watching G.I. Joe on cartoon network lately, I really loved that show when I was younger. X-men, and the Simpsons will always rule. Individual characters would be harder to pick out. I'd say Raphael, Sgt. Slaughter, Gambit, and Homer are my favorites.

--------------------
What would Zorro do?-Homer Simpson
Post #482
Posted: 2nd August 2002 08:19
Returner

-Might mouse,
-Underdog ( loved the theme music '^_^')
-Scruff Mcgruff ( ....I know it was a comerciall but I liked the way he said the address ....I memorized it infact )
-Grape ape * purple monkey!
-Duckman ( I loved this cussing B@$74rd!! ( don't know if I'm allowed to swear in here ))
-Gambit
-Garfield
-Dale * king of the hill
Stewie *family guy

These are a few of the greatest non-anime cartton characters .If I had went into anime this would be waaaaaaay to long .

--------------------
I was thinking of Chocolate rivers flowing with candycane gum drops , and life savers made of CHEESE....Mmmmm
Post #489
Posted: 2nd August 2002 21:04

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
I don't understand the obsession with SpongeBob. I've watched a good 10 episodes and I don't get people's fixations with it. It's a good show, sure. But it's fricken mass hysteria.

- Homer Simpson(my hero, i model my life after him)
- Butters
- Cartman
- Peter Griffin

- Garfield
- Ren & Stimpy
- TMNT

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #513
Posted: 3rd August 2002 02:03

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
I agree. G.I. Joe and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are two more of the greatest animated TV shows EVAAAAAR.

Too bad TMNT is NOTHING like the show in the original comic books. '^_^'

Edit
I mean that the comic is better. '^_^' - Rubes

Post #522
Posted: 8th August 2002 15:31
Onion Knight

Awards:
This is my first-ever post on this forum!

Okay, I'm going to have to say that... um.... yeah, pretty much everybody from the Looney Tunes gang are great. ':E'

--------------------
Visit my useless site!
http://areldyb.tripod.com
Post #823
Posted: 9th August 2002 10:48

Lunarian

Awards:
TMNT- I still sing the theme song while bored.
Spoungebob-I sing the theme song while drunk! Whee!
Daria-I feel her pain...
Ren & Stimpy- I TOLD HIM I'D SHOOT! BUT HE DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!!! WHY DIDN'T HE BELIEVE ME?!?!?!
Beavis and Butthead- Good ol' fashioned idiots.
South Park- Finally some vulgar creativity....
The Spawn Series was good.

I treat my friends like Duo Maxwell, I treat my enemies like Chang Wufei.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #860
Posted: 9th August 2002 13:29

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2003. 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was and is the best friggin' cartoon ever.  Who wouldn't like a story about a bunch of young dudes who were mutated into turtles, trained by a big japanese rat, named after famous artists, and fight villians like Rocksteady and Bebop?  To top it off, there's a giant brain dude that they have to kill who lives in the Technodrome which is run by shredder.  Does it get any better than that?  I don't think so.

--------------------
"Hit hard, hit first, hit often."

--Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, USN
Post #865
Posted: 9th August 2002 19:02

Returner

Awards:
Ed Bighead, Jar of Mayo, The Hopping Hessian, The Cheese, Rocko, Heifer, Filbert. All from Rocko's Modern Life, the greatest television program ever.

--------------------
No deer for a month.
Post #871
Posted: 10th August 2002 01:52
Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Gerad @ 9 Aug. 2002, 08:29)
Who wouldn't like a story about a bunch of young dudes who were mutated into turtles...

Actually, it was little turtles who got oozed and grew up... at least, that was the way in the movie... I can't remember the origin of the turtles in the series.

I  '<3'  the Transformers movie.  I rented this thing like a dozen times when I was a kid.  
"We talk T.V.!"
"Baa-weep-gra-na-weep-mini-bon!"
Good times.

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #888
Posted: 10th August 2002 02:52
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I liked Rocko's Modern Life and Ren 'n Stimpy.  For some reason, RnS reminded me of the Mighy Mouse cartoons...

But other than that, I don't really remember the cartoons I watched when I was young...

--------------------
Post #892
Posted: 15th December 2016 14:45

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
user posted image

We're done here.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211742
Posted: 15th December 2016 15:05

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
user posted image

He is the man with no name...Zapp Brannigan, at your service.
Post #211743
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: