CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
If you could change...

Posted: 26th June 2003 00:06

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (Zero_Hawk @ 25 Jun 2003, 19:03)
Does anyone remember the old way to play "multiplayer" on ff6?  :D

Me and my brother could never get it to work. ;-;

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #13674
Posted: 26th June 2003 00:26

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
You can play multiplayer pretty easily, just plug in two controllers, go to Config, and select "Multiple" from controller type.  Then press the confirm button and you can assign characters to each controller.  However, what Slam Dancin' Moogle is talking about sounds much different to me, like having the characters of two different files battling against each other.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #13675
Posted: 13th December 2016 15:49

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
This got a little off topic here, so let me bring it back.

After the events of the floating continent, an entire year passes before the story picks back up. I would have loved to see more things that happened in that year leading up to Celes finally waking up on the island, told through flashbacks of villagers or other observers of Kefka's madness. I've always felt Kefka's presence was a bit lacking in the World of Ruin, and it would've been entertaining to see anything from him other than sitting in his tower with the light of judgment.

The Returners were also a significant force in the World of Balance, and more information of their end would have been great. Maybe some notes in their old hideout, or possible clues that they all hung up their uniforms, etc. Banon's absence is completely unexplained (Gogo theories aside), and it would've been a nice optional side story to either rescue him or learn of his fate.

Also, wouldn't it have been just great to have more to do in Narshe itself, to try to make it livable again? Maybe you can banish the monsters, find Arvis, help the Moogles, anything. Sure, visiting it is worth your while in the WoR with the items & characters to find and Snow Dragon to defeat, but it still doesn't feel satisfying enough to leave it in ruin.
Post #211740
Posted: 14th December 2016 02:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (TheEvilEye @ 13th December 2016 09:49)
Also, wouldn't it have been just great to have more to do in Narshe itself, to try to make it livable again?

I'd never thought about this - that could be pretty fun. A timed monster roundup, even though there are several timed events in the game already, could have been a decent minigame. I could also see some cutscenes with Mog introducing the returning humans to the moogles, and the two races working together to get things back in order... that could have been cute, if not mind-blowing.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211741
Posted: 27th April 2017 22:34

Returner

I agree about magic blurring the lines between characters after a while and i would love if more had been done to differentiate them.

I'd also add a cut scene of some kind showing when Kekfa began his descent into madness.

other than that I am fine with the game as is.

--------------------
FFVI Forever.
Post #212609
Posted: 4th December 2017 07:30

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Make the game more difficult. Once you complete the game you can start a new game with the same story but the enemies stronger. Some games let you change their stats. I'd also consider more time limits in dungeons and things. Remove the 9999 damage and 99 level cap. Make the game more challenging. That can be done today though so I don't see a problem.

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #214066
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: