CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What book(s) are you currently reading?

Posted: 27th August 2010 16:32

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Right now, I'm rereading "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. I'm also following Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels and Scott Lynch's Gentlemen Bastards series. (Apparently, Lynch is a fan of Final Fantasy VI and named his main character, Locke Lamora, after a certain treasure hunter!)
Post #187459
Posted: 28th August 2010 19:56

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Quote (Perigryn @ 25th July 2010 06:50)
Dune... Messiah? I think that's the second. Anyways, it takes a moment to catch up on, I warn you, since it takes place a bit after the first - not a direct pick up, so to speak.

It reads a lot like the first, though, and I found it at times harder to follow, but then others were extremely straight-forward, like the underlying main plot line. It seems so complicated, but turns out not to be so complex as it first seemed.

Anyways, if you enjoyed the first, then you should like the second. Whichever of us makes it to the third installment first has an obligation to warn the other haha.

I've nearly finished the second and I think it's a bit of wallower. I can't recommend it. It misses out the best bits of the end on Dune and just leaps forward unfairly. The plot is a bit frustrating in places, and I think a lot of what was good about Dune is lost. Try it if you like but I don't know when or if I'll finish it. Maybe you'll be first hehe.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #187471
Posted: 31st August 2010 01:20

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I've been reading a trilogy recently that I really enjoy. One of my old roommates recommended it to me. It's The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

The first book kind of started out slow for me but it picked up about the middle and I've been loving it ever since. The detail in the world that the author has created is amazing to me and the concept, though, done before (evil empire crunching on the helpless populace), to me was done so well. I'm loving it almost as much as I loved Harry Potter but in a different way. I don't know. If you like young adult science fiction/fantasy, you will probably enjoy this one.

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #187489
Posted: 5th September 2010 23:05

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I just finished a biography of the band Phish, I'm working my way through Aristotle (metaphysics) and the Bible, but in terms of the thing I suspect I'll actually finish sometime soon, someone gave me a big-ol-collection of HP Lovecraft stories, which is neat because I didn't get into him back when everybody else in my peer group in Highschool was. I wonder if it'll make me devolve to the level of a cynical know-it-all goth kid in highschool that hates the world? Seriously though, having only read Cthulu before this, I'm pretty pumped. I don't read enough pulp and this is only borderline.

It's actually kind of a slow reading period for me. Back in July I hammered out the whole Republic by Plato, Hocus Pocus by Vonnegut, The Analects from Confucius, and the entire Gospels of Our Sufferings by Kierkegaard in like 2 days.

I think I'm posturing a bit here laugh.gif. Fear my enormous reading wang.

Edit: What I'd really like to get is a copy of Escher, Godel, Bach, which Tommah mentioned in some other "what are you reading thread" awhile ago. A friend of mine has it, but he's hesitant to give me the hardcover, which is sort of hypocrtical because his dog totally chewed up the hardcover on my complete stories of Kafka.

This post has been edited by MogMaster on 5th September 2010 23:07

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #187603
Posted: 6th September 2010 00:02

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (MogMaster @ 5th September 2010 18:05)
...someone gave me a big-ol-collection of HP Lovecraft stories...

Lovecraft is great comfort reading, when you just want to read something quick and effortless you can hash out The Shadow Out of Time and have some good readin'.

Currently working on Ryu Murakami's Coin Locker Babies, though I don't have much time to read except between classes these days. I hear they're trying to make a movie of it...should be interesting...

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #187606
Posted: 29th September 2010 19:46

Cactuar

Awards:
I'm reading the Inheritance cycle (Eragon, Eldest and Brisingir) again, A Song Of Ice and Fire (I love the whole "support whoever you want to" vibe (Tyrion is the bomb!)) and The Wheel of time. Not all at once of course, but once I finish a series (Or get to the series latest book) I switch over to another and cycle it so I never run out of books to read.

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #187992
Posted: 29th September 2010 20:18

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I'm currently reading Nature and the Marketplace, by Geoffrey Heal.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #187996
Posted: 30th September 2010 15:37

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I'm currently reading

Beautiful People Have More Daughters
&
Bodies that Matter
Post #188034
Posted: 16th October 2010 03:25

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I started up on Ted Bell's Tsar the other night, which I picked up in hardcover for $7 right before I moved from Boston six months ago and hadn't read yet. Bell's a bit too proud of his own prose, and his main character feels too Gary Stu (or what have you), but the supporting casts tend to be good and he does pen a decent technothriller, filling the voids of Robert Ludlum's death and Tom Clancy's descent into mediocrity.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #188475
Posted: 10th November 2010 21:53

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Just finished Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right by Al Franken.
Post #189271
Posted: 11th November 2010 06:22

Engineer

Awards:
Just started reading A Game of Thrones. I'm not normally a big fantasy novel fan, but it was HIGHLY recommended by a friend, so I thought I'd give it a spin, actually the friend said it was 'Tactics-esque' and I do love some political intrigue...

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #189306
Posted: 24th November 2010 02:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (trismegistus @ 11th November 2010 01:22)
Just started reading A Game of Thrones. I'm not normally a big fantasy novel fan, but it was HIGHLY recommended by a friend, so I thought I'd give it a spin, actually the friend said it was 'Tactics-esque' and I do love some political intrigue...

That is coming to HBO next year, I read today. Sean Bean will be playing one of the characters. I might have to try the book at some point first, as the premise sounds interesting.

For my part, I just finished The Last Templar last night before bed. Even though I don't practice organized religion and really haven't since I was very little, I still find myself really intrigued by its history, and by extension, its historical fiction. I quite liked the book, it seemed to have better pacing and much better quality of writing than, say, the similar work of Dan Brown. I'll have to pick up the sequel at some point, it just came out last month.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #189856
Posted: 24th November 2010 19:44

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 23rd November 2010 21:43)
Quote (trismegistus @ 11th November 2010 01:22)

That is coming to HBO next year, I read today. Sean Bean will be playing one of the characters. I might have to try the book at some point first, as the premise sounds interesting.

For my part, I just finished The Last Templar last night before bed. Even though I don't practice organized religion and really haven't since I was very little, I still find myself really intrigued by its history, and by extension, its historical fiction. I quite liked the book, it seemed to have better pacing and much better quality of writing than, say, the similar work of Dan Brown. I'll have to pick up the sequel at some point, it just came out last month.

For the both of you, if you haven't, read Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth.

Mainspring, by Jay Lake, was also an intriguing take on history and religion (albeit, much more fantastical)

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #189907
Posted: 24th November 2010 21:23

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
I just finished Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow, which I read more as a personal dare than anything else. I've got Thus Spoke Zarathustra on my night stand, waiting to be either read or returned to the library. After that, I intend to try out the Tao of Jeet Kune Do for a change of pace.
Post #189915
Posted: 24th November 2010 21:36

Engineer

Awards:
Gravity's Rainbow! I love that book, I even named my band "A Screaming Comes Across the Sky". In retrospect, I'm not crazy about the band name, but I still like the book.

Also, I've heard a lot of good said about Pillars of the Earth, I'll pick it up sometime for sure, though i just bought Snow Crash and I'm still reading George Martin, so it may be a while.

--------------------
Post #189916
Posted: 23rd December 2010 10:10

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
My favorite books of all time are The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov and The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Right now I'm reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami and so far, I love it.

Moderator Edit
Merged with older topic - the old one still does a good job of covering what you want to talk about. -R51

EDIT: Oh crap, sorry, I looked for another thread but couldn't find one.

This post has been edited by Metal King Slime on 26th December 2010 11:48
Post #191461
Posted: 26th December 2010 11:31

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Quote (MogMaster @ 5th September 2010 23:05)
I think I'm posturing a bit here laugh.gif. Fear my enormous reading wang.

Christ, I certainly do... get that thing away from me!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #191560
Posted: 26th December 2010 19:53

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Currently reading a book of Italo Calvino short stories. I'm enjoying them so much that I'm considering going back to Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson, my favorite short story collection.

--------------------
Post #191564
Posted: 27th December 2010 11:36

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Calvino is awesome! =]
Have you heard of 'If On A Winter's Night A Traveller' by him?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #191570
Posted: 30th December 2010 01:52

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Quote (Metal King Slime @ 23rd December 2010 06:10)
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov...

And by far one of my favorites as well. Quite possibly the greatest modern interpretation of the Devil, joining the ranks of past authors like Dostoevsky and Goethe. Not a huge fan of the Murakami though.

I just went to the bookstore the other day, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this topic back up.

Currently reading some more Kierkegaard ("For Self Examination" and "Judge For Yourselves!", who, so far as I can tell at this point, is either a genius, a total moron, or completely mad.

Also picked up some others, although I'm not really reading them yet: Monkey (or Journey to the West depending on the translation), assorted writings on Existentialism put together by Walter Kaufmann (the Nietzsche scholar and translator), and a book by Stendhal I can't remember the name of just right now.

Slowly working my way through the Qu'ran too.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #191670
Posted: 31st December 2010 10:40

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (MogMaster @ 30th December 2010 02:52)
Quote (Metal King Slime @ 23rd December 2010 06:10)
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov...

And by far one of my favorites as well. Quite possibly the greatest modern interpretation of the Devil, joining the ranks of past authors like Dostoevsky and Goethe.

I'm happy that I'm not the only one here who likes it. Speaking of which, I heard the book inspired the song Sympathy for the Devil by Rolling Stones. Like the book, it plays with the idea of the Devil not being completely evil, and it mentions Pilate.

I'm currently reading The Judas Window by Carter Dickson.
Post #191714
Posted: 2nd January 2011 04:55

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I just got The Inheritance Almanac and have read through it a couple of times. From what it cost and what was advertised on Shur'tugal, it came off like it was going to have a lot more information in it.

I've begun to read the Pern series for the millionth time and a new series I just found called Dragon Keeper Chronicles. I'm on the third book, the author is very talented!

And I'm on Sir Walter Scott's "Waverly Place" a simply lovely book and another book series that I'm not sure I can say here.... unsure.gif

--------------------
Post #191759
Posted: 23rd July 2011 03:11

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I just finally finished reading my "Holy cow you're going to be a dad" book that I got right after we found out about the baby, and I just picked up Demitri Martin's book from the library, which is not at all surprisingly funny.

I am going to keep hammering the library near my house, it's pretty awesome.

--------------------

Post #196054
Posted: 23rd July 2011 04:01

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Quote (MagitekElite @ 2nd January 2011 05:55)
And I'm on Sir Walter Scott's "Waverly Place" a simply lovely book and another book series that I'm not sure I can say here....  unsure.gif

Is it Twilight? To be honest the first thing I thought was something like 'Space Harlots I-IV'.

I'm currently doing a book to film extravaganza where I'm reading all those books that I've wanted to read after watching the film and the films of books I've read. So far I've read Fahrenheit 451, Watchmen, To Kill a Mockingbird and All Quiet on the Western Front (Im Westen nichts Neues) in English unsurprisingly. I still want to read Dr Zhivago, Heart of Darkness, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Lolita, and Northern Lights (The Golden Compass) again because the film was so awful. I'm gutted that Ex Drummer hasn't been translated into English so I'm probably going to buy it in Dutch and do a DIY with some help. It's only about 160 pages.

Not books so a bit OTT in an 'off the topic' kind of way, but anyway of the films of books I've read, I've so far seen Factotum, The Road, Watership Down, 1984 and The Lord of the Flies. It's a lot of fun. I fell in love with the rabbits all over again.

Has anybody read the book(s?) that Game of Thrones is based on and would you recommend them?

This post has been edited by sweetdude on 23rd July 2011 04:03

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #196056
Posted: 23rd July 2011 04:19

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I was just going to necro this dry.gif

I've been reading like crazy this summer, so I think I'll just highlight a couple of my favorites that I've read in the last month. That seems fair, right?

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
I finally got around to reading this a couple weeks ago and wow, was it fantastic. Nabokov is just brilliant with the English language; he has great command over usage and vocabulary and he has sprinkled bits of wordplay throughout. The central scenario of the book, ie an older man's passion for a young girl, may seem a bit off-putting, but that's a great reason why this book is such an accomplishment; Nabokov, writing from the perspective of the older man, makes it impossible for you to hate him even though his acts are despicable. Very entertaining.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck
A solid novel written around the parallel between three generations of two farm families and the biblical story of Cain and Abel. The tie between these two can be a bit oppressive at times, but this is easily forgiven as Steinbeck does some really great delving into the nature of good and evil and, ultimately, the freedom of man from fate.

The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
This was a really entertaining read that I finished a couple days ago. The Moviegoer is about a man who lives for the ideal world he sees on the silver screen and in the past and finds reality, in comparison, rather unattractive.

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
My favorite book of the summer thus far! It's about an aging butler in England in the middle of the century who has seen his profession, his society and his nation change rapidly in ways that leave him increasingly a creature of the past. During a short vacation from the manor he serves, the butler recollects his life as a servant of one of the most prestigious houses in the nation and reflects on the meaning of greatness. It's a heartbreaking, beautiful book that did everything I hoped it would and left me immensely satisfied.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #196057
Posted: 23rd July 2011 12:18

Cactuar

Awards:
I finished reading "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" by Nagaru Tanigawa about a month back, and "Plague" by Micheal Grant about a week ago. I TRIED reading "Forever" by Judy Blume, but I could not force my way through something that AWFUL. Micheal Wagner is the most annoying Gary Stu this side of... I dunno, I don't read that many fanfictions with Stus. Let's just say he sucks and leave it at that.

--------------------
"When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some!" - Claire Farron
Post #196060
Posted: 23rd July 2011 13:34

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (sweetdude @ 22nd July 2011 23:01)
Has anybody read the book(s?) that Game of Thrones is based on and would you recommend them?

There's a thread about George R. R. Martin that addresses those books, Sweets. I think most fantasy nerds do recommend them, though I've yet to read any myself so I can't throw onto that pile.

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...?showtopic=3641

If nothing else, you can read that thread for some hilarious seven-year-old Mogmaster action.

--------------------

Post #196062
Posted: 23rd July 2011 18:03

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I generally stick with young adult fantasy but a trip to Barnes and Noble recently and looking through the fantasy section has tempted me to start branching out more. I will at least take a look at what Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman have been doing. But I am currently reading "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. I'm starting to really get into it. I had a bit of trouble at first being that it was a story about a bunch of jerky pubescent and pre-pubescent teenage boys and whatnot but now the story is starting to get pretty interesting and my friend just finished the trilogy and really enjoyed it.

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #196066
Posted: 23rd July 2011 19:23

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I recently got The Chronicles of The Black Company (The Black Company, Shadows Linger, The White Rose) as well as The Books of the South (Shadow Games, Dreams of Steel, The Silver Spike) by Glen Cook. They're pretty good.

--------------------
-FFIII FFIV FFV FFVII FFVIII FFX FFXII FFXIII FF:Dissidia FFVII:CC FFVII:DoC
--KHI KHII KH:COM KH:BbS
---SO:FD SO:TTEOT SO:TLH
----DQIII DQVIII
-----DA:O DAII
------VP:S
Post #196072
Posted: 27th July 2011 22:02

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Dr. Delinquent @ 23rd July 2011 11:23)
I recently got The Chronicles of The Black Company (The Black Company, Shadows Linger, The White Rose) as well as The Books of the South (Shadow Games, Dreams of Steel, The Silver Spike) by Glen Cook. They're pretty good.

That's weird: I just started The Black Company yesterday. Small world.

Anyway, I'm also reading Grendel by John Gardner and Self-Help by Lorrie Moore (as well as a smattering of poetry for school).
Post #196266
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: