Red mage/wizard [ 16 ]  [19.05%]
Theif/ninja [ 13 ]  [15.48%]
Total Votes: 84
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 16th August 2004 01:33

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Alright, lets get this up and running! What is your guys favorite job class.
Mine would have to be red wizard because you can have spells from both magic worlds, even though
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
You can't have level 8 spells.

The Black wizard would be a close second, just because of awesome spells.

--------------------
"May Castor and Pollox blow me to Bermuda!"- Quote from
"The Sword in the Stone"
Post #56229
Posted: 16th August 2004 01:41

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I've gotta go with the Black belt/Master. It's a little rough at the beginning, but near the end of the game, I have my Masters doing just shy of 2k unarmed on a normal enemy (no fast, either). Needless to say, the game gets to be a joke when you're on a high enough level.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #56230
Posted: 16th August 2004 01:42

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
The Knight and Warrior classes.

...I like swords.

--------------------
Let's see you figure out the truth of this quote...dun dun dun.

"The following sentence is true. The preceding sentence is a lie."

Yeah, that was lame. <_<
Post #56231
Posted: 16th August 2004 01:46

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Black Belt/Master for me. I've always liked the unarmed classes. Natural pick for me.

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live! - Bob Marley

Post #56232
Posted: 16th August 2004 02:10

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I went with black wizard. Spells come in handy alot. Fighter/Knight gets a close second because it always helps to have a good hitter to use those swords.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #56242
Posted: 16th August 2004 02:47

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I prefer soldier/knight. I like being more of a warrior and throwing myself into battle and not having to hide behind magic.

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #56247
Posted: 16th August 2004 03:35

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Definitely the black belt and master. They start off slow, but boy, around level 11, they start rocking more and more with every level up. I would love a team of all four if they had better means to heal.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #56253
Posted: 16th August 2004 04:44

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I like the unarmed classes myself, so I'll take the black belt/master followed closely by Red Mage/Red Wizard.
Post #56261
Posted: 16th August 2004 04:56

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN European Cup, 2008. Winner of the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I've gotta stick with the majority: the Black Belts were great. Sure, at first, he sucks, but as Neal pointed out he really gets going in the higher levels.

--------------------
SPEKKIO: "GRRR...That was most embarrassing!"
Post #56267
Posted: 16th August 2004 12:26

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Blackbelt/Masters.

They suck early on.... stupid nunchakus almost always miss!

Later on though, at least in the NES version, since I haven't made one in the PSX yet... they did as much, and sometimes more, damage than a knight with Excalibur.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #56300
Posted: 16th August 2004 13:24

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Red Mage's. Thanks to 8-bit theatre in part, but also as i prefer flexibilty, instead of a rigid doctrine of one skill to rule them all. I'd go so far as to say i wish i made a party of them...

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #56308
Posted: 16th August 2004 16:20

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Del S....

Go for it. It's totally possible, and quite fun. Somewhere on the net.... I have no idea where... there exists an FAQ for the NES version using all WHITE MAGES/WHITE WIZARDS!!!! If you can do it with them, you can do it with anyone.

I always want to have at least one knight, though... otherwise I feel like I'm wasting the Excalibut.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #56329
Posted: 16th August 2004 16:36

Returner

Awards:
I really like the Red Mage. It's gotta be the hair (you know you love it). Seriously though, they have the best all-around abilities. THEY DO EVERYTHING!!! I once beat the game with a party of Red Mages. Not easy.

--------------------
AAAAAA! AA A AAAA A AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAAA!
Now that that's out of my system, I'm going to bed.
Post #56332
Posted: 16th August 2004 19:36

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
i like the knight class just because you can with the game with 4 of them easily just with brute force. i like the black mage a lot, but his physical attacks are so weak its almost upsetting.

the white mage looks like hes in the KKK, especially on the world map of the NES version. take a look at it.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #56361
Posted: 16th August 2004 20:25

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Master. Cast Haste on them a few times. blink.gif
Post #56371
Posted: 16th August 2004 22:19

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I rarely use magic, and it's not very useful in this one, so physical strength is more important to me.
So this sticks me with BB-Master and Fighter-Knight.
Master is a little over-the-top, and relies purely on levels. His defense doesn't get a great boost like attack, and armor makes it worse. His equipment replaces his stats insead of supplementing them. I prefer having the equipment and defense of a Knight.

Knight.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #56395
Posted: 16th August 2004 23:02

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Which is why the Master is so great. You don't have to spend insane amounts of Gil on him, and he's a friggin' tank as it is. Casting Haste (or FAST, for you NES purists) on him will make it even better. Master clearly rules all other classes. Bow down.
Post #56407
Posted: 19th August 2004 03:41

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
It was a close contest between the Master and the Ninja. I voted Master in the end just because the Black Belt wins over the Thief, though it really could have gone either way. The Master rocks pretty much everything from middle to late game, and he's the cheapest character to equip. The Ninja is very quick and very versatile, with a few black magic tricks up his sleeve as well.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #56717
Posted: 19th August 2004 18:14

Cactuar

Awards:
I've decided that I love ninjas. I'm not sure why though.

--------------------
"It is a part of human nature to be evil, and it is a part of human nature to destroy evil, therefore, when evil is destroyed, so will be the human race..."
- Atma
Post #56777
Posted: 20th August 2004 01:10

Awards:
Well, it's Atma and I so far. The perfect story, a weak fighting character with okay evasion but not much else who becomes a well rounded fighting machine!

Ninja power. ph34r.gif

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #56840
Posted: 20th August 2004 01:19

Black Waltz

Awards:
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Third place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. Second place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I say Black Magi and Black wizards. Its just fun, I'm not too sure why.
Coming in at a very close second is Ninja. Ninja Power, as Ejoty said. ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Sherick on 20th August 2004 01:20

--------------------
I fear my heart and fear my soul
Life goes on, it surely will,
Without me and I wonder:
Will I ever see light again?

Life goes on...
Post #56843
Posted: 20th August 2004 20:05

Lunarian

Awards:
Quote (Neal @ 15th August 2004 22:35)
Definitely the black belt and master. They start off slow, but boy, around level 11, they start rocking more and more with every level up. I would love a team of all four if they had better means to heal.

Heal Staff???
Heal Helmet???

--------------------
"That Light has bestowed upon me the greatest black magic!"
Post #56973
Posted: 22nd August 2004 05:14

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I think he's referring to the early parts of the game, when healing (and the means to purchase potions, etc.) is a bit sparse. It would definitely be tough.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #57183
Posted: 23rd August 2004 03:46

Returner

Awards:
I like the Thief myself. I really have no clue why. He sucks, there is no advantage to him at all. I guess that's why I like him. Plus the blue hair is nice smile.gif

--------------------
-I like you- ...probably.
Post #57267
Posted: 23rd August 2004 10:44

Awards:
Black Mage. Stabbity Death roxxors.

--------------------
Uwao. aooh! I'm Gau!
I'm your friend!
Let's travel together!

Post #57295
Posted: 24th August 2004 00:06
Group Icon
SOLDIER

i was reading this entire thread alllll the way down to sm's post with no mention of ninja, and i was somewhat confused. sure, thief sucks really bad thru most of the game, but once you get the rat's tail, ninja is such an absurdly powerful character with evasion so thru the roof it is not uncommon to avoid every physical attack in a battle (given blink, ninjas are the bane of all physical attack-based bosses). however, i have to agree with the majority of the posters in this thread that a hasted monk is one of the most powerful characters availible by endgame. i don't know which to vote for. monks were always my favourite, but ninja isn't getting any love at all.
Post #57366
Posted: 24th August 2004 03:12

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Red Mage, the jack of all trades. Magic, with a backup plan.

Still, Black mage is awesome in 8-Bit.

But, Red Mage. Definitely Red Mage.

--------------------
Mercy?! I am the sixth phase of your world's destruction! would you like some evil pie?

My name is Fox, I am infinitely great, and I am the author of this comic strip..
Post #57376
Posted: 25th August 2004 22:41

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Theif/ninja
only one that can use my favorite wepon
Post #57517
Posted: 12th September 2004 21:39

Black Mage

Awards:
red mage/red wizard

because....
you can use both black &white magic and you can use a sword!

My second choic would be a black belt/master

because they're downright powerful unarmed!!!!

--------------------
Auron might be good, but I'm better...=p*

My first visits....:
*Returning from home-Returner
*Trying to find a Cactuar Costume for Halloween-Cactuar
*Treasure hunting for more shiny things, & candy-Treasure Hunter

Current Location:
*Crusading hell, I want to assasinate Satan but don't tell him what my plan is okay....?-Crusader
Post #59234
Posted: 17th September 2004 01:35

Black Mage

Awards:
*Points to Avatar*
Mmm hmmm. White Wizard, babay! I love Healing classes. Most useful class in game, IMO. He looks awesome, too. LIF2 is an extremely useful spell late in the game, don't you think? smile.gif

--------------------
You know. I think you're a very special unit.
Post #59720
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: