CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Glenn

Posted: 20th October 2002 20:44

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I gotta know, how the heck does one go about getting Glenn on your party in Chrono Cross??? ^_^

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #3743
Posted: 20th October 2002 20:55

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
decide not to get the hydra humour for kid i believe, i havnt played in a while but i did get every char so thats what i remember. you'll also get macha and doc

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #3744
Posted: 21st October 2002 00:27

Crusader

Awards:
Refuse to help Kid. When you board your boat in Termina, Glenn will ask for a ride.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #3774
Posted: 21st October 2002 14:02

Black Mage

Awards:
Hmmm... The more I learn, the more I realize that the way to get as many chars as possible is to be as big a jerk to Kid as possible... :rolleyes:

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #3832
Posted: 21st October 2002 17:14

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
You actually get three characters either way with that one, Glenn, Doc, and Macha if you choose not to help her, and Razzly, Korcha, and Luccia if you choose to help her. Doc, Macha, Korcha,and Luccia are all useless, so it's basically up to do you want a good green fighter or a good green spellcaster?

It's very true though that you're rewarded consistently for screwing Kid over, which I don't feel bad about, seeing as how she's pretty annoying and useless herself.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #3837
Posted: 21st October 2002 18:42

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
True.  The only twinge of conscience I feel at messing with the poor girl's head is that she...

SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
is technically Princess Schala of Zeal's "clone", meaning that she is indirectly related to the greatest dark warrior-spellcaster in RPG history, Janus "Magus" Zeal.  Not to mention that Schala in Chrono Trigger was pretty cool.

Though her faux-Australian accent and outrageously revealing outfit does have a knack for getting into one's head.  ^_^

Anyway, a few tips on Glenn as a character.  He's a fantastic fighter and a competent spellcaster.  He and Karsh are probably the best Green elemental characters in the game.  He can use the Einlanzers in both worlds (at the same time!), meaning that his TechSkills and regular attacks will do Mastermune-esque damage.  And when you pair him up with Serge for the X-Strike DoubleTech, you're quite literally capable of banishing major enemies in one or two turns, tops.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #3841
Posted: 24th November 2002 11:20
Onion Knight

Awards:
Maybe it's just me..... but something always seemed aesthetically incredible about just having Glenn in my party.  Maybe it was kind-of-but-not-really connection to Chrono Trigger that he had, or the fact that he kicked butt.  But every time I played through I would tell myself, "I'm going to use new characters this time...... I WILL use new characters this time....." but always ended up with Glenn in my party.

Sorry Kid..... doesn't matter how many times that I dreamed you were real...... I have no regrets about choosing not to help you every time I see Glenn for the first time  ;)

--------------------
".....we'll settle it with a coin toss....."
"What do I look like, a waiter?"
"...alright, uncle ulty REALLY wants you to do his portrait"

"Strangers with this kind of honesty make me go a big rubbery one."
Post #5279
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: