CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Question concerning CC

Posted: 18th September 2002 02:13
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
In Crono Cross, how do you achieve the "Good ending?"

Because, if I did get it, then I've been cheated, that was the lousiest ending I can think of...

--------------------
My worst nightmare?

SQUARESOFT SURVIVOR!
OUTLIVE!
OUTSKILL!
OUTPLAY!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Note*  This sig. is meant as it sounds, because who in there right mind would want this?
Post #2493
Posted: 18th September 2002 12:25

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
The good ending
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
Is if you kill the final boss using the correct order of colours for magic to make the song. You can get this code online, but you have to kill him that way. Sometimes he'll die before you get a chance to play the song, cause if you mess up and have to cast another colour, you start over again

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #2498
Posted: 18th September 2002 17:15

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
More info on the "good" ending (It's not all that good)

The order, if I recall correctly, is green-red-yellow-blue-black-white-rainbow(the chrono cross). The easiest way to get this is to damage him a lot, then when he's near death he'll stop only casting green spells and start casting random colors, and finally he'll start casting them in that order. Bring a lot of small white and black spells, then after he's casted green-red-yellow-blue, quickly cast a level one black, level one white, and then the chrono cross. Make sure your stamina and power levels are all the way up at the end so he can't throw another spell in and mess you up first.

Edit
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I mixed Green and Yellow up or not, thanks SM

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #2503
Posted: 18th September 2002 19:50

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Unfortunately, Gears's combination isn't quite right.  (No big deal, it's really tough to remember without writing down.)

Anyway, here's how to get the "good" ending...

Make sure you've allocated the Chrono Cross element to Serge before you start the big fight with the Time Devourer.  Also, allocate low-level elements (1 or 2) of every color to all of your characters.  It helps if you bring a party with strong magic defenses (or just defenses in general) and Rainbow Armor, since the big TD loves to cast the Omega level spells of every element.  (Notice that with the Chrono Cross allocated, a nifty tone sounds every time an element is cast.)  My personal party of choice was Serge, Karsh, and Guile, though any combination of tough characters will do.  All you have to do is wait until he casts OmegaYellow (or any other Yellow element, for that matter).  From here, cast elements in this order: yellow, red, green, blue, black, and white.  You may or may not have seen this specific order many times before in various parts of the Terra Tower, depending on whether or not you were paying attention.  Notice that the elements will play a familiar tune on your Chrono Cross.  It's important to be quick with the elements and fully charged-up beforehand, since you don't want the Time Devourer to step in mid-sequence and mess the whole thing up.  (The order has to be absolutely precise, with no exceptions.)  This may or may not be a problem, however; TD is often stupid enough to cast his elements in the correct sequence according to yours.  If this happens, then complete the sequence following his additions (that is, skip an element color in the sequence if he's just cast it).  After the final chord is struck, the battle will be over, and you can sit back and watch the ending.  Enjoy!

There you have it.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #2506
Posted: 18th September 2002 23:54
Returner

Awards:
O_O

I see...harmony...

You know, sometimes I wonder why I'm this unobservent, I appreciate this, I'm "ending" hunting, if you will.

--------------------
My worst nightmare?

SQUARESOFT SURVIVOR!
OUTLIVE!
OUTSKILL!
OUTPLAY!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Note*  This sig. is meant as it sounds, because who in there right mind would want this?
Post #2513
Posted: 25th September 2002 17:08

Black Mage

Awards:
I must also thank you guys, as I got the weak ending when I rented it, and never got around to renting it again.

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #2699
Posted: 26th September 2002 00:56

Crusader

Awards:
Oh, it's on. I'm so starting a new save file right about now. /offtopic

I got the good ending in about... 45 minutes. Wasn't as annoying as I thought, but it was still a pain. Better than the other one though. Anyone see all the endings?

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #2715
Posted: 28th September 2002 02:06

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
I think I have. There really aren't all that many, and they're all pretty lame, IMO. Nothing like Chrono Trigger (Frog vs. Magus ending owns.)

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #2787
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: