CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite Class

Posted: 20th January 2004 05:58

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I voted Mystic Knight because Flare Sword = ownage.
Post #26912
Posted: 20th January 2004 23:11

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Hmmm...Geeeeee...*nods towards Avatar*...Red Mage! I love the Red Mage's versatility. It can cast White and Black magic PLUS it has a pretty decent Attack. smile.gif

--------------------
"The Hero I am not. I can do naught."

Respect Frog...

Post #26962
Posted: 27th January 2004 03:22

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I actually did thoroughly enjoy playing with Bartz / Butz as a Dancer...

--------------------
Je ne t'aime plus,
Mon amour...

Je ne t'aime plus,
Tous les jours...
Post #27507
Posted: 13th February 2004 20:40

Dragoon

Awards:
thumbup.gif the Samauri(hopefuly i spelled that right!) is my favorite job. The Dragoon is good (Lancer is a stupid name for it) The Bard is a bit pathetic. I really don't get the point of a mediator and the Geomancer. The main reason the Samauri is my favorite is because of GilToss! smile.gif
Post #29225
Posted: 14th February 2004 02:34

Returner

Awards:
Monk rules! BareHands/Brawl is great for becoming a mage, and HP+30% is great, even though at this time I have not attained the required level to experience it, but still. Counter is also pretty good.

After that would be Knight. 2-Handed anyone? Guard can be useful as well in a sticky situation. EqShield/EqArmor/EqSword helps for Mages as well. At this point in time, (I only started the game this morning) Idrox does 60-240 points of damage each hit, and Galuf does 30-80 each (60-160). Right now I am in Worus. Hope my opinion was noticed!

--------------------
Happiness is like peeing your pants...
Everyone can see it, but only you feel the warmth.

May the Monk prevail!
Post #29274
Posted: 18th February 2004 00:03

Returner

Awards:
as good as red mages are, theyre really best in FFT. In this game, theyre only mediocre. So I'll say knight.

--------------------
No, really, they do.
Post #29736
Posted: 18th February 2004 23:44

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Hey everyone--update on the classes I've mastered: (I've gotten Mimic already!)

Butz: Monk, Ninja, Mystic Knight, Dimen. Mage, Summoner, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Geomancer, Bard
Lenna: Thief, Samurai, Berserker, Hunter, Mystic Knight, Mediator, Chemist, Geomancer (+ lv.1 blue mage)
Cara: Knight, Dragoon, Ninja, Samurai, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner, Bard (+ lv.2 Dancer)
Faris: Knight, Monk, Ninja, Huner, Black Mage, Dimen. Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, Dancer

But I still like Mimic the best. First, you get to pick what three skills you can do; second, attributes are passed on. What I can now do is have Faris use X-Fight (with one weapon), then Lenna Mimic (X-Fight with one weapon), then Butz (who has mastered Ninja) Mimic (X-Fight with two weapons--8xhit!!!). Cara's still working on dancing, but when she's done I might be training two more Ninjas, one more Thief, Lenna the blue mage, or (most probably) having fun with my Mimics!

Here's what's on each character:
Butz: Blue, X-Magic (you can use low-level black and white spells AND SUMMON twice in a row), Terrain
Lenna: Capture, White, Revive (Revive acts as a not-so-good life potion on all party members--but it's free, and if you have Guard rings, you also get Regen to help out!)
Faris: X-Fight, Black, Dimen
I'll probably have Cara do Throw, White, Item. Then I might actually take White off Cara and give her Item as well, just in case.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Hmm...that's odd. I was able to use X-Magic summon earlier...and now it doesn't work! Wait...I got it. Without enabling dimensional magic, summon magic, and magic sword, you can only apply X-Magic to the first nine black and the first nine white spells. If you also put dimensional magic, summon magic, or magic sword, you get to do any of those spells under X-Magic as well.

EDIT2: I'm going to revise my choices so that I can revive with any character:
Butz: Blue, X-Magic, Summon (Life, Phoenix, plus Cure Cure2)
Lenna: Capture, MgcSwrd, Revive (Revive)
Cara: Throw, White, Black (Life, Life2, plus Cure Cure2 Cure3)
Faris: X-Fight, Dimen, Item (Phoenix Down, plus Potion HiPotion Elixir Ether)

Although it would be nice if you could do this:
1. Give all four characters Summon, White, and either Item or Black.
2. As your first attack, summon Bahamut.
3. Mimic. Over and over again.
4. If HP gets low, use White healing spells or Items.
5. If MP gets low, use Black magic Psych or Ether/Elixir.
I think if you do that, Bahamut will either really like you or really hate you.

See how much you can do with mimics?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 19th February 2004 00:08

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #29842
Posted: 19th February 2004 01:19

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
I voted ninja cause i like the, i dont know why, but i just do.
Post #29859
Posted: 7th March 2004 13:03

Black Mage

Awards:
You know what take a wild guess. What do you think I picked?

--------------------
- The problem isn't relgion, the problem is religious tolerance -
Post #31604
Posted: 8th March 2004 08:45

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I definitely love using a Mystic Knight with the Both Handed ability, works very well for fairly low lvl chars. Deals so much damage per hit that I rarely even have to use the higher lvl Mystic Sword spells.

--------------------
"I was using a metaphor. Someone shut him up before I do it with a knife."- Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre

"I found out what zombies are weak against......Point Blank Annihilation"- Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre

"You'd be paranoid too, if everyone was out to get you!"
Post #31698
Posted: 18th March 2004 02:36

Returner

I've found Time Magic to be quite useful when paired up with a Berserker using a double-handed axe. That and I'm a freak for it (messing with Time and everything is just so cool). As well as some of the Blue spells.

--------------------
"You dozed, and watched the night revealing
The thousand sordid images
Of which your soul was constituted"
-T.S. Eliot, "Preludes"
Post #33034
Posted: 21st March 2004 23:52

Engineer

Awards:
i always use summoner... just because in my opinion they are the most powerful

--------------------
~ A Hero Is Someone Who Stands When Their Legs Are Gone~
Post #33472
Posted: 17th May 2004 23:28

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
My Favorite Job is Blue Mage because I Just Love BLue Magic for Some Reason
My other favorite is dragoon because I love Kain from FF4

--------------------
go To My New MegaMan Online RPG for some Fun

"It Begins Now X. A New World Will Be Born. Hahahahahah"-Vile
Post #43097
Posted: 18th May 2004 00:05

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
My favorite is ninja because 2-hand is usefull for almost every other class after you master ninja.

--------------------
Mercy?! I am the sixth phase of your world's destruction! would you like some evil pie?

My name is Fox, I am infinitely great, and I am the author of this comic strip..
Post #43103
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:43

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...?showtopic=1033

For future reference, don't make polls that can't include all options, also.

This post has been edited by Neal on 18th May 2004 01:44

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #43117
Posted: 23rd May 2004 04:59

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
After having played the game a bit more, I have changed my mind from my earlier post. This time playing through, I found myself focusing on the following classes:

Dragoon –» Coupled with the Ninja's "2-handed" ability, the Dragoon has the ability to deal massive amounts of damage with its "!Jump" command. That, and they are invincible during the process as they are not even on the battle field.

Blue Mage –» Putting in the time to learn Blue Magic this playthrough really boosted how well I thought of the Blue Mage. With a spell for every situation, Blue Magic always comes in handy. (White Wind is an amazing spell, Lvl. 5 Doom really facilitates even some boss fights, etc.) Mastering this class is a must in my opinion.

Bard –» Sure, the actual class sucks. Coupled with a good class, though, the "!Sing" command is not half bad. Look at songs such as the CharmSong, which, for 0 mp, confuses all enemies. Not bad.

Ninja –» Throw is a badass command, especially with its techs. This class' "2-handed" ability greatly enhances ANY physical class–moreso than the Knight's "BothHands" ability.

Caller –» Come on, how could you not love this class? For relatively low costs, you get some of the more powerful attacks in the game via summons. Beastly.

--------------------
Je ne t'aime plus,
Mon amour...

Je ne t'aime plus,
Tous les jours...
Post #44075
Posted: 23rd May 2004 12:22

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
All Jobs have their pros and cons, but when I've mastered all I alwasy swtich right back to Mime.

All character pretty much the same: Ribbon, Mirage Vest, Hermes Shoes, 2-handed ability, Berserk, + 30 % HP. Give them all the eight most powerful, non-elemental single-handed weapons and you'll be talking five-digit damage at top speed, with NO button pressing at all. Some enemies dodge physical attacks pretty often, but for every move they manage to get in, you'll have used sixteen strikes, each capable of either killing or seriously weakening the enemy.

--------------------
Post #44129
Posted: 27th May 2004 21:07

Cactuar

Awards:
I voted samurai, hey $Toss, solid character, plus in fuedal Japan Samurais ruled.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm not going to garrote you.
Post #44898
Posted: 28th May 2004 20:30

Cactuar

Awards:
I always enjoy being a ninja when I can be one. ph34r.gif

--------------------
"It is a part of human nature to be evil, and it is a part of human nature to destroy evil, therefore, when evil is destroyed, so will be the human race..."
- Atma
Post #45021
Posted: 31st May 2004 08:03

Onion Knight

Awards:
Vote = Ninja... with !X-Fight

you give me a ninja without !X-Fight, ill give you a deprived child

--------------------
Sensor: Advances closer four times. Defeat it before then, or else...
Post #45358
Posted: 31st May 2004 18:26

Onion Knight

Awards:
I voted 4 monk coz he was the most useful guy, especially when using dancer. Combine sword dance with barefist and you've got alot of damage rolleyes.gif

--------------------
One born of a dragon
Bearing darkness and light
Shall rise to the heavens
Over the still land
Yeah whatever, nobody really cares
Post #45420
Posted: 31st May 2004 19:16

Onion Knight

Awards:
sleep.gifI don't think I need to explain why I chose ninja because Bartz just looks so damn cool. Plus the ability that lets you use 2 swords is (in my opinion) the coolest ability in the game!!!

--------------------
Clouds boys, Clouds boys, what ya gunna do, what ya gunna do when they come for you?
Post #45425
Posted: 15th October 2004 13:50

Returner

Awards:
What is your fav class

--------------------
Butz: ... 'M' 'N' 'O' 'P' ...
'Pl' ... 'Playb' ...
...I guess they dont carry it...
Post #62761
Posted: 15th October 2004 14:21
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I change every other week, but I've always liked Mediators... and Mimics. What else? Oh, yeah, and Geomancers.

Edit - And I like them Thieves. Ka-pow! Or something.

This post has been edited by Mimic on 15th October 2004 15:28
Post #62762
Endless Knight
Posted: 15th October 2004 15:04
Unregistered

It's hard to say in FF5, because there's just so many good classes. Since I find it hard to make a decision, I pick the Red Mage. How can one not like those fancy threads? smile.gif
Post #62768
Posted: 15th October 2004 15:10

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Endless Knight @ 15th October 2004 10:04)
Since I find it hard to make a decision, I pick the Red Mage. How can one not like those fancy threads? :)

Yeah red mage would describe me well. I'm definitely a "jack of all trades/master of none". I cross country ski, downhill ski, swim, bike, play piano, play guitar, play bass guitar, play drums, play ff5, write code in java, write html, write js, etc etc etc etc. Do i do any of the above well? Nope. ;)
Post #62769
Posted: 15th October 2004 18:50

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
My favorite class is the Berserker. After doing a Berserker SCC, I have recognized their true power, and fell in love with their massive HP and obscene amounts of attack power.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #62779
Posted: 16th October 2004 11:31
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I forgot how fun Dancers were, too. So many good classes...
Post #62858
Posted: 16th October 2004 15:51

SOLDIER

Awards:
Ninja in V, I found them a great class all-round. I usually gave mine steal.

--------------------
The Arcana are the means by which ALL is revealed.
Post #62868
Posted: 16th October 2004 20:04

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I have to say that the Dragoon is freakin' awesome, but I don't know, monks are ridiculously good.
Post #62885
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: