CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Chrono Cross...Genius?

Posted: 7th October 2009 21:19

Returner

That's a good question. In my experience, most of the fans of Chrono Cross I've encounter were also fans of Xenogears. I, unfortunately never played Xenogears other than the demo version that came with one of the PS Final Fantasies (VIII, maybe?); though I really enjoyed it, and I'm not sure why I never got it, I guess I'll have to remedy that tongue.gif
Post #181800
Posted: 8th October 2009 07:21

Returner

i really enjoy playing CC...actually dry.gif ..i played because i heard about fight againts slash ozzy and flea =D(i couldnt resist to have a chance to kick slash´s ass(i hate the guitar player(not the character) he is just a posser)) nvm...CC was a great game...just like CT was an epic rpg game wich make me remember many good moments.... sleep.gif

--------------------
chocobos...will run..when they hear--the mog´S growl O_O;;;
Post #181805
Posted: 9th October 2009 22:57

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Is chrono cross any good?

I heard this comentary on youtube and the person was totally bashing chrono cross saying its characters are shit and its story and gameplay is shit or just really bad.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #181824
Posted: 25th November 2009 10:30

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
lol, I've heard thoughts on this throughout this whole post and am surprised that no one actually KNOWS that chrono cross was indeed rushed. I thought it was an amazing game but did think there where somethings wrong with it. I ended up stumbling onto a site though when I was trying to show a friend some details of a character that basically knew a lot of the nitty gritty of the game like the stuff you guys have on final fantasy VI. I don't remember a lot of what they talked about but I do know they confirmed two things that got left out that everyone wanted.

the first being the duel and triple techniques like on chrono trigger. Square INTENDED for there to be more than we would have ever dreamed of based on how many there actually are on this game. there's around only 20 on cross but there where suppost to be close to a hundred I'd guess. And yes there where suppost to be triple techniques! instead of the two on cross.

The second being the bigger one (in my opinion) was that magus was indeed suppost to have a role in this story. they got so close to putting him into the story to that he does have a character still in the game. However they ended up not being able to impliment his story so they changed his characters name to guile (forgive me if I spelt it wrong but you should know who this is if you know this tongue.gif) and made his story not as relevant to kids as magus's would have been....

This post has been edited by TrueBOSS on 25th November 2009 10:35

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #182506
Posted: 25th November 2009 14:54

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 25th November 2009 05:30)
lol, I've heard thoughts on this throughout this whole post and am surprised that no one actually KNOWS that chrono cross was indeed rushed.

I'm sure there are some posters here who've read up about the CC Ultimania content at Chrono Compendium or whatnot. I'm one of them. Perhaps I'd like to assess the game based on the content it actually has, as opposed to what the developers say they wish was in the game? Developers tend to wish for many times more than they end up settling on.

--------------------
"Cavefish is delicious, but only if cooked."
Post #182508
Posted: 25th November 2009 18:41

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Is chrono cross any good?

I heard this comentary on youtube and the person was totally bashing chrono cross saying its characters are shit and its story and gameplay is shit or just really bad.

I would say definitely. It's true, many characters are underdeveloped. But that's a side effect of that type of character system: there's a ton of them, and many are completely optional. I didn't find the gameplay to be very bad at all, though there are a couple issues. In addition, CC gives you a great soundtrack, a very interesting story and a cool overall concept (with the two worlds).

If I were to take all the RPG's I've ever played and sort them into two categories, the ones that didn't terribly excite me and the ones I think everyone should play, CC would definitely be in the later category.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #182511
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: