CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Whooo! Generation NEX playage

Posted: 29th January 2007 01:30

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
So I got the urge to play my final fantasy I Nes game the other day, and guess what my NES is ruined... I thought it could be the game so I decided to test the new console called the Generation NEX gaming console produced by Messiah ent. and I have to say it is amazing. All of my NES games work on this bad boy and I don't have to blow in them or clean them all the time either. So I started playing FFI again and I thought I would just post here and let everyone know that the Generation NEX is very good. Pick one up for yourself if you have a stack of old NES games collecting dust.

--------------------
"When skateboarding is outlawed only outlaws will skateboard."
-Joseph Stalin
Post #142707
Posted: 29th January 2007 13:23

Black Mage

Awards:
I did a little reasearch on the NEX and it seems to be a mixed bag to me. (Kind of expensive + unfaithful reproduction of colors and sound sometimes.) Do you have any gripes about it? I myself would buy a Yobo nesclone, one of my friends has one of these and works great, and they retail for like $30 too.

This post has been edited by BDZ on 29th January 2007 13:23

--------------------
FF6 -- Finished! Yeah!
FF7 -- Finished (easily, and without KOtR)
FF8 -- End of Disc 3
Secret of Evermore--Leveling up for Salabog

"Go sit over there. Put your seatbelt on."--Squall
Post #142730
Posted: 29th January 2007 22:33

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I paid $60 for the NEX and no I haven't a single gripe about it. The only thing that I have heard is bad about them is they won't play castlevania III.... I'm not really worried about that one, I only bought it so I could play all of my NES games which it does. I tried a ton of games and none are even remotely different. I don't think it's too pricey considering how much the new consoles are going for and I don't think those new consoles can offer as much bang for the buck as the NEX can... Hands down the best console purchase i have made since the SNES.

--------------------
-Joseph Stalin
Post #142763
Posted: 29th January 2007 22:36

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I've never heard of these things... they're basically emulators, yes? Where are they usually sold?

--------------------
Do you think we're forever?
Post #142766
Posted: 29th January 2007 23:06

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
They are almost exactly like the original NES, they even look the same only the NEX is smaller, slimmer, lighter, and supposedly stronger. I picked mine up at a GameCrazy, not sure if it is just a northwest chain or not, try their website

http://www.playmessiah.com/

Have fun with that...

--------------------
-Joseph Stalin
Post #142774
Posted: 29th January 2007 23:43

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (sk8daysaweek @ 29th January 2007 18:06)
They are almost exactly like the original NES, they even look the same only the NEX is smaller, slimmer, lighter, and supposedly stronger. I picked mine up at a GameCrazy, not sure if it is just a northwest chain or not, try their website

http://www.playmessiah.com/

GameCrazy is a national chain; there's one maybe twenty minutes from my house in northern Virginia.

I've been really interested in trying out one of these NES hardware emulators, but I also sold my entire NES collection (around fifteen to twenty games) around eleven or twelve years ago when I upgraded to an SNES. Still, if I ever get back into playing NES games on a console, it will probably be in a year or two, by which time I'll have a Wii and the entire Virtual Console library to browse through.

--------------------
Post #142781
Posted: 29th January 2007 23:44
Lunarian

Awards:
Looks just like the original NES. The good old days... It would be even better for a SNEX, but I doubt it.
Post #142782
Posted: 30th January 2007 02:16

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Just like Neoex says nothing like the good ol' days... I wouldn't even think to play these games on a wii because it's not the same. I can't even describe the memories that came back to me when I started playing these old games again. Bummer on selling the old cartridges... Oh about the SNEX, yea I wish too... But fortunately you can still find working SNES at a lot of places, I traded a handful of illegal fireworks to a 15 year old kid who didn't know what he had and in return I got a SNES N64 two controllers for each, a ton of games for each, including super metroid and some other classics! I ended up trading less than $2 worth of fireworks for a priceless collection of SNES stuff... I'm bad huh?

--------------------
-Joseph Stalin
Post #142785
Posted: 30th January 2007 03:35

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
I've been meaning to get one of these and I have heard nothing but great things about it. It has a huge compatability list that you can find on their website. I'd say 744 out of 765 titles compatible is pretty great. With a few exceptions, the incompatable ones seem to tend to be non-licensed companies and companies not known for their "great" games. $60 is a lot but I'd say worth it from the sounds of it.

--------------------
Elena Indurain

Currently Playing: Suikoden II
Post #142793
Posted: 30th January 2007 03:57

Black Mage

Awards:
There's also a new thing called an FC Twin that plays both NES and SNES games (the patent on SNES hardware recently expired), and it also retails for about $60. It doesn't look as awesome as the NEX, but if I didn't already have a SNES, I'd get an FC Twin.

--------------------
FF6 -- Finished! Yeah!
FF7 -- Finished (easily, and without KOtR)
FF8 -- End of Disc 3
Secret of Evermore--Leveling up for Salabog

"Go sit over there. Put your seatbelt on."--Squall
Post #142797
Posted: 30th January 2007 05:22

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Wow I never knew about the FC Twin, it sounds pretty cool. I don't even need to mention the wireless capabilities of the NEX though... Sweet action

--------------------
-Joseph Stalin
Post #142800
Posted: 5th February 2007 18:28

Black Mage

Awards:
Hmm, the Generation NEX looks pretty interesting!

--------------------
I'm finally back, everyone! It's been months, maybe even a year since I last visited this website!
Post #143322
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: