CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
If you could add any two jobs

Posted: 3rd December 2006 18:53

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
If you could add any two new jobs to FF1, What would they be?

Like take any job from any FF game with a class/job system that you'd like in FF1.

Just remember to include what game you took it from, what abilities they would have, and why did you choose these two jobs/classes.

meh you can post more than once (like with two jobs you'd add) if you want

Edit
I made the post easier to read (or atleast I think it's easier to read.)

This post has been edited by Pun-Master Akey on 3rd December 2006 23:55

--------------------
I didn't lose my mind, It ran away.
Post #137421
Posted: 3rd December 2006 19:19

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Blue Mage and Lancer. Would be the best/most classic addtions, IMO.

The Blue Mage would have the learning ability innately, blue magic and could eventually learn the control ability so that he could get healing magic from monsters. He would also have Red Mages' flexibility with weapons and armor.

The Lancer ofcourse would have jump and later be able to learn ReRaise.

Blue Mage and Lancer are my two favorite FF jobs. With the Blue Mage, his abilities, growth/destiny are in the hands of the player depending on how much he/she cares to pursue abilities.

And Lancers are just grand.

This post has been edited by GooseKnight on 3rd December 2006 19:23

--------------------
"You broke my f***ing sitar, mother f***er."
-Anton A. Newcombe

"Yet another 'use your sword to magically deliver death from above' character comes in somewhere between the Living Cabbage and Milkmaid character options." -red_beard_neo
Post #137423
Posted: 3rd December 2006 19:23

Returner

Awards:
I'd go with Blue Mage and The Assassin (from Tactics Advance)

The Blue Mage would obtain learning automatically, control would come along with scan at the class change, and perhaps scan would be able to see if a monster has an attack learnable by the blue mage.

Assassin would have his or her corner ability, which consist of high damaging/ instant death spells that have high mp cost this was very helpful in short fights but... not so good in long fights, and they could equip bows or katanas

Edit
Hey Gooseknight what about the Lancer/Dragoons (think they're the same thing) ability to breath fire/ice/lightning from FFTA?

This post has been edited by Pun-Master Akey on 3rd December 2006 23:52

--------------------
Post #137425
Posted: 3rd December 2006 21:12

Crusader

Awards:
Dragoon (FFIX): Jump. After Class Change would be able to attack by hurling spears from the air before falling.

Conjurer/Summoner(FFIII): Before CC - two minor spells per summon. After CC - one major spell per summon.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #137429
Posted: 3rd December 2006 22:17
Lunarian

Awards:
I'd have Time Mage and Summoner from FF5. "Quick" is one of the best spells out there.
Post #137437
Posted: 3rd December 2006 22:21

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Earth Mage -> Geomancer - They could use a terrain-based attack similar to the FF III, V, and Tactics Geomancer, with two attacks per terrain type. After the class change, I'm thinking a third, more kickass attack could be added to the arsenal for each terrain type and they'd also learn the first four levels of White Magic. Their equipset could be similar to that of the Red Mage/Wizard

Conjurer -> Summoner - I'm thinking they could use the Black Mage/Wizard equipset, but have higher natural HP and Defense. There would only be six summons - Chocobo (found early on in a shop), Lich, Maliris, Kraken, Tiamat, and Bahamut. The four fiends are obtained after defeating each of them, and Bahamut is obtained if you visit the big guy after you've obtained the previous five summons. I like SMad's idea for using FF III-style summons - two decent spells per summon prior to a class change, and one awesome spell per summon after the class change. Also, why not give the Summoner the first four levels of White Magic, too?

This post has been edited by laszlow on 3rd December 2006 22:41

--------------------
Post #137439
Posted: 3rd December 2006 22:38

Dragoon

Awards:
Archer-> Ranger; both classes can use back Row. Archer: ability AIM, an attack that cannot miss. Equips daggers and bows. Ranger: ability Sshot, attack 4 times for half damage, can equip daggers, swords, and bows.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #137441
Posted: 3rd December 2006 22:41

Cactuar

Awards:
Blue Mage and Dragoon...

Blue Mage from whatever FF game, and mainly because they can copy monster and enemy abilities.

Dragoon from FFIV because they kick ass, and they have the Jump ability, along with there awesome helmets and armor.

--------------------
We, who cannot see into tomorrow, have no way of knowing... But... But... If you don't find dreams yourself... if you don't capture your ambitions... happiness won't just come to you.
Post #137443
Posted: 3rd December 2006 23:58

Returner

Awards:
What about The Elementalist from FFT Advanced?,Their Elementalshift spell would be quite handy, they could ave the armor set of like black mages and could equip the same weapons as a red mage. Maybe at the CC the elementalist's spells would be boosted depending on where you're fighting.

Heh 3 White mages and an Elementalist, changes every enemies weakness to holy tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Pun-Master Akey on 4th December 2006 03:07

--------------------
Post #137448
Posted: 6th December 2006 21:21

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
The most often I seem to hear is "a thief that doesn't suck and can steal"
Post #137715
Posted: 7th December 2006 04:25

Lunarian

Awards:
Time Mage and Oracle

--------------------
"That Light has bestowed upon me the greatest black magic!"
Post #137736
Posted: 7th December 2006 04:53

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Billdolfski @ 6th December 2006 21:21)
The most often I seem to hear is "a thief that doesn't suck and can steal"

If you've played the Dawn of Souls version of FFI for GBA, the Thief has been considerably buffed up and is probably on par with the Warrior or Monk for the first half of the game.

--------------------
"You underestimate the strength of a Jedi's mind, Brejik. A mistake you won't live to regret, " -Bastila Shan(Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
Post #137738
Posted: 9th December 2006 01:57

Engineer

Awards:
Dragoon (FFTA) and Assassin (FFTA). The fire/ice/thunder breath would be real cool and some of the assassin moves would rule, like Last Breath and Nightmare.

--------------------
Why, hello guys! Haven't been around here in a loooong time!
http://dragcave.net/user/LadyTwi
http://www.backloggery.com/ladytwi
Post #137839
Posted: 13th December 2006 18:11

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNBA, 2007. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2009. 
Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
Paladin and Summoner. Summoner could work as described above, with six summons available throughout the game. Why bother with a Paladin when there's already a Knight that learns White Magic? Because a Knight can't Cover, my favorite ability of all. I'm not sure how I'd balance a Paladin vs. a Knight...a little less weapon selection in favor of more white magic, perhaps, but all the armor a Knight can wear since the theme is protection.

--------------------
"Getting upset over a trifle would indeed be unmannerly."

-Afra to Damia
Post #138307
Posted: 13th December 2006 18:22

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
Rogue

Hybrid class somewhere between the Ninja and the Red Wizard. Two weapon equips, but only katanas or daggers, can use low level black magic spells, can cast image on himself, has unusually high agility, you get the idea.

Paladin

Mix of the White Wizard and the Knight. Can only use hammers and maces, all armor, and low to mid level white magic spells.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #138308
Posted: 14th December 2006 16:13

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Dark Knight (FFX-2) and Summoner (FFV)... but since the FFI crew doesn't have the abilities anyway (thieves are suppose to steal), I guess it wouldn't really matter.

This post has been edited by Krisp on 14th December 2006 16:13
Post #138369
Posted: 14th December 2006 22:26

Cactuar

Awards:
I think that's the main reason the initial FFI classes work: they don't have any real specific abilities. There are two main types of characters, frontline fighters and magic users. Of course, Red Mage/Wizard, Knight, and Ninjas are exceptions.

--------------------
"You underestimate the strength of a Jedi's mind, Brejik. A mistake you won't live to regret, " -Bastila Shan(Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
Post #138406
Posted: 20th December 2006 23:01

Engineer

Awards:
They'd have to be very different and cleary distinguished because there would only be eight classes.
But not the Blue Mage because he would be totally useless. I mean what would he learn the enemies only cast magic spells and flash a few times when they attack.

I'd say...
Summoner & Gunner/Archer
Post #138821
Posted: 22nd December 2006 17:10

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Blue Mage and Summoner.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #138977
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: