CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Protect whole party?

Posted: 17th May 2011 09:42

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
So my first playthrough of the DS version finds me halfway up the tower of Babil..
And I notice for the first time that I can cast a single protect/shell spell and it buffs the whole party. Now forgive me if I'm terribly wrong but you're usually restricted to one party member at a time with these?

First off: wow.. wish I'd realised this earlier.
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
Would have helped a lot with the Dolls and Golbez fight in the Dwarven castle before

Secondly: was it possible to cast on all in the original? or remakes that were more faithful to the original like FFIVGBA or Complete ?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #194978
Posted: 17th May 2011 11:25

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
It's on the PSP version too, though I don't remember being able to do that in the PSX version!

You can do the same with black magic spells on enemies, it's pretty effective. I used to not use Rydia all that much, but 30 mp for 4 enemie's instant death > 30 mp for overkilling one enemy, hahaha.

Edit: Though I have had "Shell" occasionally miss on 1 or 2 party members if I use it on everyone. I dunno if the hit rate (?) is affected or what.

This post has been edited by RelmArrowney on 17th May 2011 11:26

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #194979
Posted: 17th May 2011 11:40

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Yeah, I believe it started with the DS remake to throw Protect and Shell on all party members if desired. It wasn't like that on the SNES or PSX versions, I know. I'm not sure about the GBA version, as I've never played it.

And yes, it's also like this in the Complete Collection version too. Although it'll occasionally miss a party member or two, which I don't remember happening to me in the DS version...but that's alright. I'll take it.

This post has been edited by Fatal on 17th May 2011 11:41

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #194981
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: