CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
My super famicom converter

Posted: 21st May 2016 20:13

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
So I just bought a sfc game and decided to try it out with my converter and it just wont work anymore. It's been a while since I used it, and it still works with my US snes games.

Any idea of what's up? Yeah I can buy another converter, but I want a second opinion before I hit up ebay. My converter and games.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #210849
Posted: 23rd May 2016 16:52

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
That converter definitely looks like it's seen better days, but I'm not really familiar with conversion in general. My SNES is a thousand miles away and the only Super Famicom cart I have is a FF6 I picked up just to have.

Only advice I have for you is of the turn it off and on again variety, sorry. I don't understand, though, the converter still works with your US games? Or the SNES does? I don't know why you'd put your US games into a converter, so I assume it's the latter.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably assume the converter is busted. I would consider just getting one of those knockoff consoles they sell now that plays NES and SNES games from any region like a RetroN or a Retro Duo, but that's just me.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210850
Posted: 16th June 2016 22:18

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
yeah it turns our it was my converter. I tried to fix it, but I had no luck. I bought another one on ebay for twenty dollars. Also bought an 80s walkman for thirty. And some novelty lighters (l impulse buy a lot) anyway, the new converter works great and l'm enjoying my 20 year old imported games thumbup.gif

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #210956
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: