CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Thoughts about assasins creed 1 on ps3

Posted: 15th January 2016 11:47

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I really like the story and find the world interesting, it's just that I have no clue what to do at times and it becomes frustrating.I end up running around and getting lost and end up quitting due to frustration due to not knowing where to find clues on my mission because I get lost and every place mostly looks the same.

I am right now in Damascus I have to kill some guy named Abul'l nuqoud of Damascus and I have to get hints on everything about him, so I have to climb towers and find locations but I tried a bunch of towers and nothing works.The rich district is open which I didn't even know till I looked it up causing massive confusion.There are vendors everywhere and the places all look the same so of course how do I find a place if I have no idea in the first place where to look? There isn't even a quest marker or a quest list like In RPGs felling you all the info in case you forget of the names of the guys you are going after

The land is beautiful though and Damascus is amazing.The towered domes are beautiful and I just want to jump around and climb buildings all day.I think also they were spot on on how npc vendors and people worked, as you get this real feeling of being in a busy city during these old times, which is amazing.The guards will even talk to you in Arabic if they are after you, as well as Templars, which will also talk to you in French and Latin.There is just so much detail in this game.Its too bad the gameplay is kind of repetitive and not very fun.The missions seem all the same, and if you ever quit playing for a while and play again, you will be lost and probably never find out where to go without a walkthrough.
The combat system is very picky, and if y don't press counter in the right moment, you will just get wailed on till you die over and over, making fighting undesirable.Running away is also hard.Every guard runs faster than you for whatever reason so you are automatically forced to climb and jump on random places because they will be chasing you for a long time.I am also not a fan of the fact you can't race around on a horse or run around in a lot of places, but I understand why:Altair is a wanted man since he is an assassin with a reputation working for sala hadin, or whatever the guys name is.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210289
Posted: 15th January 2016 11:54

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Altair's working for Al-Mualim, not Salah El-Din.

In any case, the reason you're lost, and the reason why you're climbing up towers but they don't work, is that you're not utilizing the minimap to its fullest potential. This minimap allows you to mark things that you need to go to, and then it puts up how far you are from your destination. If you use the minimap well, you basically mastered navigation in the game. That's the only Assassin's Creed I ever beat though. The others, I didn't touch. But the setting is what sets this apart from the rest of the series, which were going modernized over time. Until Syndicate was summoned upon the world.

I like the detail put in this game.

--------------------
I am Exdeath. Step aside pesky clowns, or your warranty is Void!
Post #210291
Posted: 15th January 2016 12:18

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I am using the map, and there is no hints on which tower to use.I ran round on every tower if not most and nothing happened.Without markers it's just plain confusing since every place looks the same.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210292
Posted: 15th January 2016 13:14

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Just keep at it. I remember having similar troubles for a while, and being disappointed at the gameplay. As far as combat, I simply reverted to waiting for groups of guards and then ONLY countering, trying to do the double counter kills. This is the easiest way to fight in that game, which I remember being fairly difficult compared with later games which are easy.

The jump up in gameplay from AC1 to AC2 is amazing. So if you move on to the next game, just know that they revamped the entire engine and it is infinitely more fun and also less repetitive. Not to mention, amazing story in that game.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #210293
Posted: 15th January 2016 14:00

Crusader

Awards:
I am going to keep trying.I have a feeling I know where to go now after reading a walkthrough due to how confusing the map system is.

I am taking a break from mass effect 2 and Diablo 3 as to not get bored with them.

I was in the wrong neighborhood.I just finished killing my target.

I really don't like the flag search thing for informers ask me to do since it's basically trial and error.

So something funny just happened.I was I'm Damascus in this game and going to save a citizen got caught by guards twice had to reset had like friggin 50 bodies around the plaza in the middle district.They should build a memorandum to all the guards who dies.They will call Altair the destroyer the butcher of Damascus.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 17th January 2016 22:19

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210294
Posted: 18th January 2016 16:55

Crusader

Awards:
I was thinking about something:If Altair is against book burning and fundamentalism he must be hugely unpopular guy for the 14th century.I just did a quest to kill jubaer or whatever the guys name is, who is burning people alive and burning books.

Going against whatever religion can make anyone hugely unpopular, especially if you go against a leader.If I were to attack the pope with words you can count on huge amounts of people angry at me.

It's no wonder that he is a wanted man in Damascus and Israel.He kills popular people like the merchant guy.He kill politicians and Templars.I would hate to be one of his targets though as he is very good at blending in and killing people.

Some of what he says comes off as atheistic or agnostic after encountering the apple.
Before going after Robert de saber and talks to his master about Templars I was wondering if he was an atheist.I was reading some message boards about it and some say he was an agnostic and some atheist, and others Muslim.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 18th January 2016 17:24

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210321
Posted: 18th January 2016 18:59

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I get the sense from watching the trailers that Assassin's Creed appeals to the "cool rebel dude" fantasy, unpopularity is...sorta part of that picture.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210322
Posted: 19th January 2016 09:53

Crusader

Awards:
The gameplay is flawed but some things Altair does o wonder if he's an atheist he defends books as a source of knowledge and kills a man who is preaching and burning books and people.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #210323
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: