CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
mookie needs some help

Posted: 29th August 2002 18:29
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2003. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
alrighty then. i'm playing through FF6 again. Mind you, unlike most of you, I have only played through this game once, so I don't know everything {as if THAT wasn't known yet  :rolleyes:}
anywayz, the gengi glove is a good good accesory and I know there is a way to get it at the beginning of the game when you're at the returner hideout. But i dont' know how you get it. I've checked every square of that hideout and nothing, nada, just a White Cape and some other stuff.
And now, for a line that most of you have heard me say before, HELP ME!

--------------------
Air force... if you ever join the militant wing, join the Air force

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #1782
Posted: 29th August 2002 18:57
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
All you do is when Banon asks Terra to be the "last ray of hope" outside the hideout, just say no a bunch of times until he gives you the Genji Glove and you automatically accept it I believe if my memory serves me correct. ¿Problemas? Of course not. Have a great day.

--------------------
"If it is weak, either kill it or ignore it. Anything else honors it."
-Kaervek
Post #1785
Posted: 29th August 2002 19:18

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
You can say no to Banon three times, or, after saying no to him once, you can go back in and talk to one of the soldiers.  I think he's in the treasure room but it might be the one in the main hall.  If you say yes to Banon the first time you'll get a Gauntlet, which I like almost as much as a Genji Glove.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #1790
Posted: 29th August 2002 23:28

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
You don't have to talk to anyone. As soon as you've said no to Banon three times, Terra automatically goes back into the hideout, and before you can do anything, the Empire attacks, making the decision moot. Then the soldier gives you the Genji Glove to help out and you get whisked away on the leete river.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #1798
Posted: 30th August 2002 11:18
SOLDIER

Awards:
Depends on whether you still want to view the meeting or not.  You can say no three times to get the glove and miss the meeting, or say no once, go back in and find the soldier, then come back and say yes.

--------------------
Post #1825
Posted: 30th August 2002 18:22
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2003. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
thanks muchly for that bit o' info. now i have my genji glove and i'm kickin ass. :E

my next problem {yes, i have many}. i'm in jidoor right now. terra just turned into an esper and flew off. i stopped by kohlingen and met racheal and locke had the breakdown and now i'm in jidoor. you got that? ok. now what? me so lost. is terra in jidoor or what? did i miss something? once again, i repeat, HELP ME!

--------------------

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #1848
Posted: 30th August 2002 18:42
SOLDIER

Awards:
Go northeast.

--------------------
Post #1850
Posted: 30th August 2002 19:44
Engineer

Awards:
Just to elaborate... follow the road east, then north around the mountains, you'll eventually find Zozo.

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #1861
Posted: 30th August 2002 21:26

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Bring Gau with the Templar Rage to Zozo. For some reason, I remember Fire being very helpful there. Might want to bring someone with Cure spells as well. HadesGigas' 'Magnitude8' final attack can really mess you up at this stage of the game.
Post #1869
Posted: 31st August 2002 01:49

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (Rubicant @ 30 Aug. 2002, 16:26)
Bring Gau with the Templar Rage to Zozo. For some reason, I remember Fire being very helpful there. Might want to bring someone with Cure spells as well. HadesGigas' 'Magnitude8' final attack can really mess you up at this stage of the game.

or if you are too lazy for cure spells, go ahead and use Imp or Runic on him (man, Celes is useful here  :E )

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #1885
Posted: 31st August 2002 03:34
Engineer

Awards:
Gau's Templar rage is good at that point, mostly because it is Fire2, and thus much more powerful than any other attack you're currently capable of.
Bring along a few tents to Zozo, as there aren't any inns, and the monsters are EVERYWHERE (even inside buildings) and they're the toughest foes yet, hands down.

If you have trouble with the clock puzzle:
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
the time is 6:10:50, from what I remember.  Oh, and your reward is Edgar's Chainsaw... buzzzzzchop!

--------------------
So low for how high?
Post #1893
Posted: 31st August 2002 05:24
SOLDIER

Awards:
And bring Areneid or Primordite Rage.  Dadaluma is vulnerable to Stop.

--------------------
Post #1899
Posted: 31st August 2002 21:12
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
oh. silly mookie  :rolleyes:. so, yeah. thanks for the help. that hadesgigas thing is a real bizitch to fight. i went all the way back to narshe so i could get gau since shadow decided to be a loser and cut from my group >_<. anywho... if i need anymore help, you'll hear from me again.

--------------------

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #1944
Posted: 1st September 2002 20:25
Engineer

Awards:
Speaking of Shadow, I thought of something... mostly directed at Zed, but if anyone else can answer... is it random when Shadow leaves, is it event triggered (beyond the regular ones, such as leaving at Lete Falls), does it depend on enemies battled, etc?

--------------------
So low for how high?
Post #1997
Posted: 2nd September 2002 17:19

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
I'm fairly sure he leaves by what location you are at, meaning you can stay around and fight monsters for as long as you want, but once you go to where you're supposed to go, he'll cut out. I might just be stupid though.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2023
Posted: 2nd September 2002 18:57

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2003. 
Well, I know that once you reach the falls he automatically leaves, but he may also leave randomly after a battle - the chances are much greater of him doing this if you play out Locke's scenario first, I've found.  I don't think there's a set number of battles that he will fight with you, b/c I've had him leave after 2 fights, or he may fight all the live long day and not leave until I reach the falls.  It's pretty much random, but I know he is much less likely to leave if you're playing Sabin's scenario first.

--------------------
"Hit hard, hit first, hit often."

--Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, USN
Post #2026
Posted: 2nd September 2002 19:38

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
If you're speaking of the time Shadow joins up shortly before arriving in Jidoor (on your way to Zozo), I'm pretty sure his leaving is affected by how many battles you've gone through up until that point.  The number of battles is alarmingly small, as well; I've yet to make it to Jidoor from Kohlingen without him leaving (a shame, too, since you can get a new weapon for Shadow there).  I usually just hire him because he's one of my favorite characters (not to mention having Interceptor along makes some of the battles along the way quite a bit easier).

On a similar note, I've never had Shadow leave before I made it to Lete Falls.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #2029
Posted: 7th September 2002 17:35
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
alright, mookster is stuck again. well not really stuck, just in a bit of a tizzy 'cause i'm trying to remember something.

can you save shadow from the floating continent? because i heard somewhere that you can save him and not have him be destroyed in the fiery explosion of the transformation of the world.... yeah.

yeah, so, i like shadow.. he's the MAN! and i want him in my group after in the World of Ruin. Tell me there's a way to save him!

--------------------

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #2143
Posted: 7th September 2002 19:04
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Oh man, this would be easy if I was sure I had the sequence right...

Okay, first off save at the save point just before the drop.  I'm not sure, but I think if you take the wrong path, it'll be blocked.  Anyways, once you reach the end, go to the edge of the continent and you'll have the option to jump or stay.  Choose stay.
Now here's where it's fuzzy to me.  I can't remember if you hafta wait awhile or can just imediately go back to the edge, but in any case, when you go back again, choose stay once more.  After that Shadow should appear automatically in the last five seconds.  If he doesn't...then die and try again or wait until someelse corrects me in this post.

--------------------
Post #2147
Posted: 7th September 2002 19:20

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
NP is correct. Go to the edge, choose stay. Go to the edge again, choose to wait for Shadow. Wait. You won't get attacked or anything, and in the last 5 seconds, Shadow will appear. Sequence follows.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #2149
Posted: 11th September 2002 23:38
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
ok... my first time through, i never got Odin. Where are he please? I want to slice and dice my opponents. Also, I heard online that Odin can transform into Radein or something like that. However, I did not find out how. Odin is cool! Where is he?
That's my spot o' trouble for now ^_^

--------------------

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #2259
Posted: 12th September 2002 02:22

Engineer

Awards:
All ya do to get Odin is once your char's are strong after you get the airship in the WOR you go Back to Figaro Castle and choose to travel. I think you can can get it from there.
Post #2263
Posted: 12th September 2002 03:05

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
Quote (Master ZED @ 31 Aug. 2002, 01:24)
And bring Areneid or Primordite Rage.  Dadaluma is vulnerable to Stop.

Hands down, the best status effect EVER. Stop RULES.
Post #2266
Posted: 12th September 2002 15:30

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
I'm not positive, but I think you have to pay the thief in front of Fanatics Tower 100 G's or the castle guy won't notice anything odd in the stratum for you to stop and explore. Then you can find the lost castle, and get Odin and the Offering. If you don't want to find Raiden on your own...

Go down 5 steps from the queen's chair and search. A secret passage opens up that changes Odin to Raiden, and you can fight the Blue Dragon. Fight with Odin a little while to get all the HP bonus you need first.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #2277
Posted: 12th September 2002 17:13

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
You don't need to pay that guy anything. As soon as you're able to get back into Figaro, you can have the castle stop midway through it's travel.
Post #2279
Posted: 12th September 2002 21:04

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Rubicant @ 11 Sep. 2002, 22:05)
Hands down, the best status effect EVER. Stop RULES.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't stop not count as exp? Maybe it does in ff6, i don't remember. But in the upper ones, it's just like petrify, and you get no exp.  :(  
So me no likey. Especially with it's much too frequent misses. For me, it's 85% of the time success, or bust.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #2281
Posted: 12th September 2002 22:00
SOLDIER

Awards:
FF9 was the first to use Stop as a combat-ending ailment in the FF series AFAIK.  Nothing before that did anything of the sort.

And I've never had frequent misses when it could hit.  Hell, it's the only weapon I use against Chupon in the Colloseum.

--------------------
Post #2283
Posted: 14th September 2002 20:45
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
mookie needs some more help.... unfortunately.
First time through, I never got Strago {never really looked for him} But I found Strago wondering around the fanatics' tower. Except he won't talk to me. WTF is up with the old guy? I found that I like Pearl Wind and I heard Quasar was the shit. So, how do I get him?
I've tried going up the tower only to realize that only magic hits. And then, when I DID get to the top, i only got my ass kicked by the MagiMeister, or whatever. If I defeat M-squared, do I get my old guy back? Or am I way off on this one?

--------------------

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #2386
Posted: 14th September 2002 20:51

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Just take Relm with you to Fanatic's Tower, and Strago is yours again.

An easy way to beat MagiMaster is to cast Reraise (Life 3) on everyone, and slaughter him with Flare & Ultima.
Post #2387
Posted: 21st September 2002 02:15
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
ok, probably the last "help me" type post.

i am at the Goddess statue. This is the last thing i need to do before facing the Kef-ster. And the Goddess is beating the shit out of me. I have been stuck facing this statue for four whole days now. I can't remember what I did the first time i played. Overcast is a killer. It seems like it's a condemned to kill so I cast Life3... BUT IT TURNS THEM TO ZOMBIES INSTEAD!! I need help to defeat this biznitch. Anyone with a strategy on how i can defeat her before Overcast gets cast.

I'm almost done.... except for this stupido goddess

--------------------

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #2577
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: