CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFV bosses in FFXIV Raid

Posted: 4th August 2017 15:09

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
FFXIV's current raid tier the Deltascape features bosses based on enemies from the final dungeons in V.
Normal mode has Alte Roite (oddly in his Jura Aevis form though...), Catastrophe, Halicarnassus, and Exdeath.
In the Savage difficulty mode Exdeath transforms into Neo Exdeath partway through the fight. The transition is pretty cool to see as a fan of V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCA1PDJid10

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #213124
Posted: 4th August 2017 17:08

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Okay, that video is really, really cool. They do such a good job in making XIV interesting in little ways like that, or at least that's my impression as a non-player. Catastrophe has always been one of my favorite FFV monsters, so I looked up video of that too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Xrn2Rk-gA

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213129
Posted: 7th August 2017 05:32

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Glad you enjoyed it!

I'd say presentation and nods to previous entries in the series are two of XIV's strongest points. It's always fun seeing old enemies in a new context.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #213187
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: