CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What's With the Attitude?!

Posted: 14th October 2009 21:35

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 29th September 2009 22:09)

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the question in the topic. If you have an actual question to ask, you can start a new topic for it; if not, and you're just posting for your own amusement, you probably won't be around long for it.

ewww what's with the atitude?

Moderator Edit
Come on, cut me a break. It's well documented in the rules what is a spam post, and the post qualifies. As does yours, in fact, because it too has nothing to do with the thread. The rules are there for the benefit of people who don't want to read spam, and that's it. R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 14th October 2009 21:42

--------------------
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things....and now I have an answer!!
Post #181889
Posted: 19th October 2009 18:31

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (regalcrown @ 14th October 2009 21:35)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 29th September 2009 22:09)

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the question in the topic. If you have an actual question to ask, you can start a new topic for it; if not, and you're just posting for your own amusement, you probably won't be around long for it.

ewww what's with the atitude?

Moderator Edit
Come on, cut me a break. It's well documented in the rules what is a spam post, and the post qualifies. As does yours, in fact, because it too has nothing to do with the thread. The rules are there for the benefit of people who don't want to read spam, and that's it. R51

The only spam we see here are from posts that come from you. You have continuously written negative and distasteful comments to other users of this forum for many many years.

Have you ever watched the Seinfeld episode 'The Soup Nazi'? I wouldn't say you are a forum nazi, but if you look through your posts over the last 5+ years, you'd be shocked at how you belittle other people and use offensive and obnoxious language.

--------------------
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things....and now I have an answer!!
Post #181934
Posted: 19th October 2009 19:58

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (regalcrown @ 19th October 2009 14:31)
The only spam we see here are from posts that come from you. You have continuously written negative and distasteful comments to other users of this forum for many many years.

Have you ever watched the Seinfeld episode 'The Soup Nazi'? I wouldn't say you are a forum nazi, but if you look through your posts over the last 5+ years, you'd be shocked at how you belittle other people and use offensive and obnoxious language.

Oh, for crying out loud. For one, you continuing to berate me in this thread is, in and of itself, spam. The topic of this thread is not "Discuss the moderation of the forums of the Caves of Narshe and why we hate it." - though there are a few threads already on the subject you could feel free to use. Anything that is not on the topic of a Dragon's Den guide, in this thread, is spam.

That being said, if you would like to point out the vast number of times that I have been negative and distasteful to people who were not violating the rules of the forums, feel free to research the issue and message it to me. Otherwise, come off of your high horse and take your battles against authority somewhere else.

I see you've been here over a year and a half, despite not having many posts. I don't recall ever having any issue with you personally, so, why are you suddenly so angry at the way we run the site? I see that you mentioned way back in January a similar concept, which I feel I addressed respectfully at the time, saying this:

Quote (A truly wise and handsome man)
It's certainly not because of moderation - we maintained much higher posting levels even when the moderation was borderline psychotic in the early CoN5 era. On the flipside, many of the stalwart members remain here precisely because we strive to maintain some level of sense and coherence within the forum (which might contribute to some of the goofiness of chat). Is a word association game really the answer we're looking for? It certainly doesn't contribute to FF6 discussion. Regarding things that have been discussed before, we have one of the most lenient policies on thread necromancy and repeat postings you could hope to find - but we are going to close things if you duplicated a topic that's still on the front page!

So, with that, I'm going to stop derailing this thread (since my moderator edits, being as they are kept inside of already-existing posts, do not derail a thread nearly as badly as this poor post does). In fact, I'm going to split these derailing posts into a completely different thread so that if anyone still has questions about the Dragon's Den, they may feel free to ask here without feeling that they're getting in the middle of something that doesn't belong.

To those who are willing to cooperate, thanks for that.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 19th October 2009 19:58

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #181936
Posted: 19th October 2009 21:03

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Edit
Oh, sorry then. All gone. I still hope this doesn't repeat itself.

This post has been edited by SilverMaduin on 20th October 2009 05:04

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #181937
Posted: 19th October 2009 21:07

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
What has hit this forum lately? Swine flu!?! Jeez. Look, sometimes I don't agree with R51, and he makes me mad. But he's mostly right, and this is his forum. I for one am a little tired of this. But whatever, here we go again.

Don't you think you are being slightly hypocritical with your post. You are indeed breaking the rules that are set in writing, and then you are calling R51 out for calling you on it. Now, read this, and compare and contrast.

I do not detect any sort of attitude within this post. He simply states the obvious, that the post does no have anything to do with the topic. And then, he even tells the member how to post that sort of thing within the rules. He practically shows him to the button to start a new topic.

Now pop quiz, between the two, which one calls the other a forum Nazi?

You not only are wrong about what Ranger says, but you are the one calling him names. So, if I am tired of it, I can only imagine how Ranger feels.

--------------------
Post #181938
Posted: 19th October 2009 21:09

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (SilverMaduin @ 19th October 2009 17:03)
*rant*

In fairness, you really may not. I appreciate very much you sticking up for us, I really do, but it really doesn't help to slag on people in this way when they don't agree with you. It's one of the things that our more direct (or draconian, based on your point of view) moderation style is meant to avoid.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #181939
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: