CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Soraya Saga FFVI Doujinshi

Posted: 22nd September 2009 02:12

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Oh I see. I haven't had the pleasure of playing Suikoden 1.

Like you said, Mash is a very odd name, specially with names like Edgar and Stuart in the family. I was thinking that perhaps it was a mistake of another member of the staff? Tanaka knows English, so maybe she intended Matthias/Mathew since the beginning but later had to retcon the nickname?.. Or I'm giving it too much of a thought.

I was re-reading your first post, and wow, 40 pages of mostly text for a doujinshi? What did she put there? Pajamas sizes?... somewhat I wouldn't be surprised.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #181540
Posted: 24th September 2009 00:49

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Sandyboots @ 21st September 2009 21:12)
I was thinking that perhaps it was a mistake of another member of the staff? Tanaka knows English, so maybe she intended Matthias/Mathew since the beginning but later had to retcon the nickname?.. Or I'm giving it too much of a thought.

I'm inclined to think hijacking/retcon also, though I don't have any way to support it. tongue.gif

Quote (Sandyboots @ 21st September 2009 21:12)
I was re-reading your first post, and wow, 40 pages of mostly text for a doujinshi? What did she put there? Pajamas sizes?... somewhat I wouldn't be surprised.

The book is mostly short stories, ranging from a quarter-page to around five in length. There are a few of Tanaka's drawings and some clip art besides. laugh.gif I've overloaded myself with translating projects right now, but I just decided to go ahead and translate the shortest story as an example. It is really short after all.

Duncan

Compared to the energetic elder prince, His Highness Edgar, His Highness Mash had a somewhat weak constitution. So twice every seven days, while his elder brother learned the arts of the lancer, he trained his body in the tutelage of Duncan Harcourt, a renowned master of the martial arts. On the days of moon and water each week, one could see Prince Mash clad in the robes of a martial artist and Prince Edgar dressed in a dashing little suit of golden armor, both in high spirits as they trained side by side under their respective masters in front of the fountain in the courtyard.

The end. biggrin.gif BTW, day of moon = Monday and water = Wednesday.

This post has been edited by Shiva Indis on 24th September 2009 00:53

--------------------
"Cavefish is delicious, but only if cooked."
Post #181578
Posted: 25th September 2009 00:08

Black Mage

Awards:
You are probably sick of my lame attempts at gratitude by now but: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! heart.gif you made my week. I know you must be very busy, this little story is more than enough.

Edgar had a suit of golden armor when he was younger? Tsk, shame on him for joining with leather armor, you think he would improve upon becoming a king, I mean that's 27 more defense and 18 more magic defense. tongue.gif Oh and, everything that Edgar wears is dashing. wink.gif

Sabin gives me the impression of the skinny guy that goes to the beach, everyone makes fun of him. He latter comes back all buffed up because (a miracle product) he trained hard.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #181590
Posted: 21st July 2020 17:42
Returner

Hey, I was looking for a scan everywhere and anywhere, does anyone still have scans ?
Post #216242
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: