CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Some questions

Posted: 8th July 2003 05:48

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I don't know too much, so give me a hand, or a post.

1. Does 2-hand affect Jump?

2. How do you get the Javelin and Escruthen in the Nevelaska Temple?  The guide here said to use Reis or Worker 8 as a 'stepping stone.'  My bro tried it and...it didn't work.  He could'nt get up there without Ignore Height or Teleport, but then you can't get the items.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #14197
Posted: 8th July 2003 08:06

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Kylerocks @ 8 Jul 2003, 00:48)
I don't know too much, so give me a hand, or a post.

1. Does 2-hand affect Jump?

2. How do you get the Javelin and Escruthen in the Nevelaska Temple?  The guide here said to use Reis or Worker 8 as a 'stepping stone.'  My bro tried it and...it didn't work.  He could'nt get up there without Ignore Height or Teleport, but then you can't get the items.

Thanks for the help.

1. I am pretty sure that it does not. To test it, just take a character, and check their jump in the status screen. Then add the 2-hand ability, and check it again.

2. What you have to do is have a jump of at least 4, if I recall correctly. Then move Reis or Worker 8 right next to the pillar. Then, move your character with the high jump to the top of the pillar. If your jump is high enough to reach the top of the pillar, they will automatically use Reis/Worker as a launchpad.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #14199
Posted: 8th July 2003 18:24

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Thanks Ranger51.  You rock.

I was just curious about the 1st question. After a little testing, 2hand doesn't affect Jump.  (Normal attack was did 263, Jump would of done 178.)

And a quick suggestion, put that brief Explanation in the sidequest faq on the site.  Thanks man.

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #14206
Posted: 8th July 2003 19:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
LOL, I thought you meant the jump stat, not the jump attack.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #14207
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: