CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Shin megami tensei strange journey review.

Posted: 2nd July 2021 10:53

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I will only talk about the law run and some stuff i experienced.

This game is on the nintendo DS and also used a emulator, so the sound quality is prob arguably worse as well, as it sounded pretty bad.

So the game has a pretty long starting area and even if the cutscenes are skippable, some of the dialogue goes on for a really long time, but you have to be careful, because some dialogue choices effect if you are law neutral or chaos in this game.

Law:Siding with angels, and choosing to help your friends.
Chaos: siding with demons, killing friends and distrusting angels
Neutral: something in between.

The game starts pretty heavy with training wheels and doesn't really let loose on training wheels prob till world 3, and the game becomes a little bit more difficult and increments slowly.

The app system i dislike, because i feel like its kinda lazy and uninteresting apps. Apps by the way, are passive techs you buy in game, and to build, you need both ingredients and macca(Money in game)

The monster system has some stuff i like. You can craft demons and they go into your demonpedia, which is a encyclopedia of demons, and you can use that to pay for them directly through the system to get high level demons you already crafted, so you can get on to trying to find new types of demons. Problem is: i'm kind of confused how to know what demon i'm going to get before buying that demon and getting the list. Some stuff i get, like 2 types of certain kinds of demons=elementals, but others i was just trying random stuff.

Another thing i find `pretty annoying, is the gaining of macca. Early game, it doesn't matter and its not something to worry about. Late game though, demons level 70+ are super expensive, and you will have to get creative to beat the final boss.

Also i gotta mention since i talked about
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
Mem aleph, she is one of if not hardest boss in a videogame i have faced. I felt like i was banging my head against a wall trying to kill her, and getting so frustrated and angry. Her and jack are some of the most frustrating bosses.

The story does have some engaging parts, and i do like the idea of following human beings bad tendencies to reflect demon world.
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
I was disappointed with the ending though, but maybe others like it, since you wouldn't necessarily have a good outcome siding with angels.

In the end i think they went kinda heavy on the training wheels for a bit long.
I think the grind for macca could be a lil less annoying endgame, but thats my thought.
Maybe slightly less disappointing law ending.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #216591
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: