CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
A problem with my 9x emulator

Posted: 8th April 2015 02:36

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I have used SNES9x before, but I have never had this problem. It doesn't save states correctly; as long as I keep the window open, I can save and load states just fine; but if I close the window and open it back up again, the states are gone. What's especially weird about this is that I opened and reopened it a few times when I first used it, to make sure it worked correctly; it wasn't until I closed it for a full day that it erased the states. Come to think of it, I have the same problem on FCEUX, but you can save a file outside of the emulator on the FCEUX and circumvent this. I think it might actually be a problem with my computer; I have a Windows 8.1, and haven't had any similar problems with any other programs.
Post #208479
Posted: 8th April 2015 02:42

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Oh, wait; fiddled with it a bit and realized the problem. I had moved the folder "Saves" (which the program made automatically when I first saved a state) to a different folder, so the program couldn't access it. When I moved it back, it loaded my states just fine. Okay, so don't do that thing I did, it makes stuff broken. Now I feel like a noob... oh well, I figured it out.
Post #208480
Posted: 16th April 2015 03:48

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Filepaths are everything when it comes to emulators, I've had to work hard to avoid that problem ever since I had your experience for myself.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #208510
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: