CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Theatrhythm! Curtain Call! It's out!

Posted: 24th September 2014 07:08

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
How is nobody talking about this game yet?! Especially when we had an AMAZING best music of FF tourney not too many years ago!

But seriously, I only played the demo for the first one and had intended on picking it up but once they announced Curtain Call would be more of the same but better, I held off!

This game is a delight if you like the music of Final Fantasy in any amount. I've never much been drawn to rhythm games, but the mix of some of my favourite music ever along with some RPG mechanics thrown in had me enticed, and I'm glad I picked it up.

Do yourself a favour: pick it up, play it, return to your childhood via the magic of music and then come here and discuss with me. Also, challenge me in vs. mode, cause that would be fun too.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #207476
Posted: 24th September 2014 14:20

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Just picked it up this morning and it's very adorable. I had the first, but not much DLC - it's pretty cool that this one includes all of the DLC for the first. I probably wouldn't have the same thought if I had spent a bunch of money on it, though. smile.gif

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #207477
Posted: 24th September 2014 16:35

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I played the original a bit on my iPad, I'm sure I've talked about it in some other thread at some point. From what I've seen of the new one, I think I would really like it if I had a 3DS. I'm not very GOOD at it, though, at least not from what I've learned in what little I played the first. So I'm not sure I'd end up enjoying it as much as I ought to.

Note that I SHOULD enjoy it a lot. Obviously everyone loves the music of the series, and I've always been a fan of Monster Octopus, as evidenced here: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/news/article/...gade-flies-west

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #207478
Posted: 24th September 2014 18:21

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Monster Octopus KOTR is super-adorable. And I love that you can play with the control stick / buttons as opposed to the stylus if you want.

--------------------
Post #207483
Posted: 24th September 2014 21:16

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I picked mine up over the weekend. It's like Elite Beat Agents (one of my favorite DS games ever), but with less story and 1000% more Final Fantasy fanservice. Selection of tracks is really strong, and there is a HUGE wealth of customization options.

Also, two of the DLC tracks are free until September 30th if you own the game: Battle 2 from Final Fantasy V and Beatrix's theme from FF IX. Each one is about 40 memory blocks (basically nothing) and costs zero dollars.

--------------------
Post #207484
Posted: 25th September 2014 23:43

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Quote (laszlow @ 24th September 2014 15:16)
Also, two of the DLC tracks are free until September 30th if you own the game: Battle 2 from Final Fantasy V and Beatrix's theme from FF IX. Each one is about 40 memory blocks (basically nothing) and costs zero dollars.

Thanks for the heads up on these, just grabbed them. I'm pretty sure the latter was one of my FF music contest submissions!

--------------------
Post #207490
Posted: 1st October 2014 07:49

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
It has been a solid week of enjoying the everloving goodness out of this game.

I also appreciate that it's reminded me that Mystic Quest has some pretty badass battle music!

Like I said, I'm being hit hard in the nostalgia and now all I want to do is go back through all of the games again. I also really want to cave and start up FFXIV... but I really shouldn't afford it right now... Curse you, fiscal responsibility!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #207507
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: