CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy X -Will-: Um, What?

Posted: 6th August 2014 00:58

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Alright, I still don't know what to make of the Will "audio drama" included with the FFX / FFX-2 HD release this spring.

In case you haven't heard it yet, or didn't realize it was a thing, it's all right here on dem youtubes.

It's a bit long - thirty minutes - and there's a lot of material squeezed in there. The story follows two new characters, Chuami and Kurgum, and succeeds FFX-2 chronologically. It revisits several of the original characters from FFX and introduces an entire new crisis.

........but honestly, what the heck happened here? I don't even mean that in an annoyed way - simply in a confused way! After all, there simply wasn't enough information on the table to get angry at any of the less believable aspects; and to be fair, it seems fairly well written. I don't know what to make of this. It's not merely that there is so much new material, but that so much of it is left unexplained - to say nothing of the cliffhanger at the end. At the same time, there are several points that are explained in unusual detail for something so short.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this combination - extra detail about current circumstances, only mysterious references to backstories / unfolding problems, and a major crisis left unsolved at its conclusion - seems a lot a setup for something larger to follow....

How did you find it, in itself? And, do you think Squenix has further intentions with it?

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #207335
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: