CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
A new FF5 Run

Posted: 30th July 2010 18:04
Returner

After long consideration about what kind of final fantasy run I want to make, I decided to do a FF5 run with no store bought items. I will do the run on an emulator and I will not cheat by using save states. I'm going to post updates as soon as I can.

My first update: First of all I go through the basic start of the game process and start the first dungeon, the cave opened by the quake, on the way I grab the free Phoenix down. I have 3 potions and my characters are equipped with this: Butz- Broadsword and Leather plate, Lenna- Knife and Leather plate, and Galuf- Who has a leather plate but no weapon. First I grind my characters to 4,4,4 (starting order) and continue down the starting cave. I find a leather cap which inturn finds it's place on Butz's head since he is the group's tank. Finaly after a lot of talk I get Faris as my last part member and her sea monster powered ship. Her starting equipment is a dagger, a leather plate and a leather shield. I give Butz the shield.

I sail to the wind shrine and enter the hallowed ruins within. First I talk to the scholars who say some plot stuff and give me 5 potions. As I transverse the sacred halls I claim a tent from a chest (Who puts this stuff there anyways?) A leather helm from a chest that I give to Lenna and an amazingly shiny broadsword that I give to Faris, inturn switching her dagger to Galuf. Analyzing the enemies here brings nothing until I get jobs. However I can get more leather shoes from black goblins and the best healing item in the game from Mold Winds =) (Which in my mind seem to be minor wind spirits the have grown stagnant after their source of power has been destroyed.) So without minor ado I march into the boss of the wind temple. It is the standard 1st boss fight (Attack while its tail is up) except this one can't fire LAZORS!! Our heros and heroines march into battle against the foe and put simply turn this big bird into a bloody pulp before it can even close its wings. After that there is more plot and our band of awesomeness goes up to 11 with crystal power and gets the 1st batch of jobs.

First I shall describe the jobs and their uses with each character for this chunk of the game (If you want a real description of the job, you don't need to even leave the site goto our lovely ff5 section). White Mage-- Will not be used (mostly) until I scale a fork in very late endgame. Black Mage-- Same applies here. Knights-- I will learn 2 handed later and mostly discard this class. Monks-- Amazing in early game will take out any basic mook with a multitarget kick and take out anything else with a falcon punch. Blue Mage-- An awesome utility class that learns good magic for the start of the game. Thief-- I will use it for its passive abilities and mug (Just not at the start of the game).

I make Lenna a Blue Mage and deck her out in full leather with a broadsword. The rest of my party has fists, leather plates and a whole lot of determination. No enemies stand a chance against monks so I make them even better by grinding up to 90 ABP (Ability Points) giving them a buildup attack a barefist passive ability and chakra which lets them restore hp for no mana cost and cure poison and blindness. The whole process gets me a lot of leather hats for my team and takes them all to level 8. Then I go on a collection spree for blue magic, nabbing goblin punch, vampire and areo. Goblin punch is a faraway attack for no mana. Vampire drains enemy health and areo is a basic attack magic. I make Butz a knight and give him charkra for now. I make Faris a thief to keep with her piratical origins. I keep Galuf a monk with chakra and keep Lenna a blue mage. (Why I let Galuf run around without a shirt and keep Lenna fully clothed in heavy blue mage robes is a mystery).

---After a batch of over excessive preparation I will progress the story all the way into the place where even the seagulls are undead.

Until next time friends...

---Please post your responses and comments

This post has been edited by atma12345 on 14th August 2010 21:42
Post #187119
Posted: 5th August 2010 06:22

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
This sounds like it could be an interesting run. I can't wait to see how it goes. :3

--------------------
Why, hello guys! Haven't been around here in a loooong time!
http://dragcave.net/user/LadyTwi
http://www.backloggery.com/ladytwi
Post #187217
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: