CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Getting the Crown.

Posted: 21st February 2017 04:26

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
user posted image

I wish I could center images, change the alignment of my posts to be centered or left or right justified or whatever...sorry for the instant tangent...

What do you remember about the first time you obtained the Crown of the Prince of Elfland in the Marsh Cave? It's kind of the point in the game where FF1 acknowledges that you have learned the basics of Final Fantasy...ing.

So, how about it?

...I think that the first time I did it, I was actually playing my older sister's file, which, since FF1 had only one save slot, was the only file on the thing. Therefore, I would play up to a certain point without saving, and shut it off. I do not recall that she was ever pleased to know that I had done so, even though it did not impact her file in any way when I did it, and it in fact was a NES cartridge that I owned.

So you might say the first time I got the Crown was just practice.

But how about you guys?

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212258
Posted: 21st February 2017 14:51

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
The Marsh Cave was a silly difficulty spike in that game, at least the original. Though like everyone else I eventually did it, I remember far more the frustration of trying to do it that first time than actually doing it.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #212271
Posted: 27th April 2017 22:41

Returner

The crown? OMG that was a a night mare the first time i tried it. died many times. on my second play through it went much smoother.

when i finally got the crown I was all like " Hell yeah!" then i GTFO of that accursed cave.

My big problem was i was over cautious with my spells back on the NES version given how they were set up on it. I paid the price for it and eventually loosened up a little.

Then I entered the ice cave but that another thread lol.

--------------------
FFVI Forever.
Post #212610
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: