CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Is this forum dying a slow death?

Posted: 21st January 2009 15:41

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Warning. Warning.

I read my post again and it was a bit silly I'll admit. I read a post by Tiddles explaining all the reasons why there isn't a forum, and I know this be a frustrating point to have to keep getting across, but I thought I'd just put it out there anyway.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #174942
Posted: 22nd January 2009 01:00

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Thanks for the in-depth elaboration Rangers. I'm always happy to know you're reading what we have to say.

--------------------
Sabin: Kefka! Wait!
Kefka: Wait he says! Do I look like a waiter?
Post #174961
Posted: 8th February 2009 19:53

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
though the game is older, and not as many people talk about it, it was good enough to send me through hundreds of websites about it until i stumbled here.

I admit that I was looking through the FFVI topics, and found one about how people felt about the story. If I saw this topic several years earlier, I'd have easily answered that question; now, it's been so far removed from my consciousness that I'd have to go piece together my memories of playing that game six years ago in order to post there. And I don't feel like doing that.

Maybe the site's not as busy as before, but overall, there's certainly just as much to do here now than before.

There's only so much you can discuss about a game in a small amount of time (a day, a week, a month) before you reach saturation, and I think that's what causes the "general topics" fora on game-centered message boards to become the most active of fora.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #175253
Posted: 9th February 2009 00:26

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
and to avoid further gaps would mean to cover FF9 we'd have to cover (shudder) FF8.

I like FF8! cry.gif

Anyways, I would like to say that CoN is my home page. I check the forums whenever I go online. The walkthroughs here are the highest quality online, in complete honest. When I finally got around to playing FF7, I consulted CoN's walkthrough whenever I met a snare. The seperate windows for equipment items and materia are amazingly helpful.

I think that forums pick up activity at some times and loose it at others. I also think that you can only talk so much. I also like that this community isn't rediculously large. I trust that most people here actually take the time to read others' posts.

Finally, I really appreciate the atmosphere here. The idiots have thus far been kept at bay (for the most part). The site is clean and respectable. It's definately my favorite place online.

Once again, I'd be glad to help with anything here on CoN. Viva la CoN!

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #175262
Posted: 9th February 2009 02:31

Behemoth

Awards:
yeah, theres nothing wrong with this site. its the best FF site on the web. and its definitely not dying a slow death. as long as Final Fantasy is popular, this site will be popular, and that'll be a long time.

--------------------
Post #175266
Posted: 9th February 2009 13:49

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Its posted in enough. I would think that less than a single post a day would cause concern, and considering I wondered upon this forum a few days ago, traffic does not appear an issue.
Post #175281
Posted: 1st March 2009 18:25

Engineer

Awards:
This is the only FF related forum I ever go to and I must say it's the only one I'll ever need. I don't know what you consider fading or dying; these forums were never absolutely brimming with life in the first place because as many people have said, there isn't a whole lot to talk about when you're talking about a pretty old game.

However, there are still things that are said and people still post here. The best part is that most people here don't post junk and that keeps me around because I try my best to contribute positively to every conversation. The mods don't scare people away (at least the people that matter); they manage to keep the decent people around in this place. happy.gif

--------------------
Post #175849
Posted: 1st March 2009 18:59

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Member of more than five years. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Death Penalty @ 9th February 2009 00:26)
and to avoid further gaps would mean to cover FF9 we'd have to cover (shudder) FF8.

I like FF8! cry.gif

Me too! cry.gif

Anyway, I admit that I haven't posted very much in this forum, but I still come and visit here almost every day. I don't think the forums are dying, after all a few quality posts are better than having the threads flooded with junk all the time.

--------------------
FF games completed: I (psp), II (psp), III (DS), IV (psp), V (GBA), VI (GBA), VII, VIII, IX, X, XI: Nations-Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, XII, XIII, XIV, XV.
Spin-offs: FFIV: Interlude & The After Years, Crisis Core: FFVII, X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Type-0 HD, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and Tactics (original & WotL).
Enjoyed them all.
Post #175854
Posted: 1st March 2009 19:22

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Quote (Harlequin @ 1st March 2009 18:25)
This is the only FF related forum I ever go to and I must say it's the only one I'll ever need. I don't know what you consider fading or dying; these forums were never absolutely brimming with life in the first place because as many people have said, there isn't a whole lot to talk about when you're talking about a pretty old game.

However, there are still things that are said and people still post here. The best part is that most people here don't post junk and that keeps me around because I try my best to contribute positively to every conversation. The mods don't scare people away (at least the people that matter); they manage to keep the decent people around in this place. happy.gif

Agreed. While I've looked at others, this is the only FF forum (or any forum at all, for that matter), that I've ever really been a part of. It's a nice, clean forum.

On an unrelated note, ILoveMoombas!, welcome to a very small group of CoN-ers. I think that makes three of us.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #175857
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: