CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Origins/GBA Version

Posted: 13th December 2004 04:39

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
So what is the difference between the Origins version compared to the GBA version? Is the story the same for the GBA version, but has more extra features than the Origins version? Just trying to decide if I should buy the GBA version or the Origins version.

--------------------
"Ye better start believing in ghost stories; you're in one!" -Captain Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl)
Post #67441
Posted: 13th December 2004 05:00

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I would go with the GBA version. It has bonus dungeons in FF1 that let you battle FF bosses from other games. Also, FF2 has an extra story after the end of the game. You play as the characters that gave thier lives to save the world. I haven't seen the new FF2 bonus story...but I am almost at the end now.

PLUS, it's portable AND no loading times. Origins has HORRID loading issues.
Post #67445
Posted: 13th December 2004 12:48

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
But the story is the same for both of them, but it just has more extra features and better loading time than the Origins feature.

--------------------
"Ye better start believing in ghost stories; you're in one!" -Captain Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl)
Post #67457
Posted: 13th December 2004 13:44

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (TreasureHunter @ 13th December 2004 07:48)
But the story is the same for both of them, but it just has more extra features and better loading time than the Origins feature.

As far as I could tell the story was the same, but I never finished FF2 before the GBA version because FF2 is a lot harder on origins. Harder as in more annoying and difficult to level up your characters. And the loading.
Post #67461
Posted: 13th December 2004 16:57

Dragoon

Awards:
I got the GBA version, only because I want a FF game taht is portable.
Post #67470
Posted: 14th December 2004 15:40

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
So whats was so bad about the loading? Sorry if I'm keep asking questions, but just making sure the GBA version is going to be good investment of money instead of Origins.

--------------------
Post #67544
Posted: 14th December 2004 18:14

Onion Knight

Awards:
Well, a battle takes a split second on GBA compared to about 4-5 on PSX..which is long for map to battle transition.. Also, it's portable. GET THE GBA VERSION! tongue.gif
Post #67553
Posted: 14th December 2004 18:57

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
The only problem I have with the GBA version is that it isn't the same as playing the original Final Fantasy I or Origins. At least in Origins you could change the options so that it played like the version on the NES. But with the GBA, you get MP as opposed to a certain number of spells per level, which makes the game ridiculously easy. Auto-targeting can't be turned off, bosses have twice as much HP, and enemies can drop items now (new items that again take away from the difficulty this game possessed on the NES). And like Origins (if you play on easy mode anyway), you're characters can exceed level 50.

If you want a better feel for the original NES game that started it all, go with Origins. The Bonus dungeons are fun, but a tad repetitive (and they changed Chupon's name to Typhon! I was quite displeased).

--------------------
This is my world: (Got my second chapter up, 3rd Chapter about 80% complete)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/daniel876/homepage.html
Post #67555
Posted: 28th December 2004 23:34
Returner

Awards:
he was Typhon in my FF... i think that might be the other name for him. I'm not sure which is American and which is Japanese, but they apparently switched them.
Post #68409
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: