CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF CHRONICLES

Posted: 28th July 2017 08:31

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
user posted image

Lo and behold, the collectibles store had a copy of this for a very reasonable price yesterday. I snagged it, and danged if it ain't in fine condition indeed. Barely a smudge on the thing, manual still has the registration card for pete's sake.

Tomato's Legends of Localization has covered this ground pretty well, but the PSX translation is a weird bird, not related to the GBA translation or the SNES translation. Most others are based on one of those two, but this one seems to have been done quickly and under an odd set of circumstances. Tellah gets called a dotard which I had to look up, and semi colons are prevalent. Also, there is a variable width font installed.

How weird. Also, this is the version of Chrono Trigger that has the anime scenes and weird interlocking story bits with Chrono Cross.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 28th July 2017 08:32

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213070
Posted: 28th July 2017 12:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Yeah, I remember buying this off of an old CoN member over a decade ago, and I don't think I ever even tried to play through it. It's just... kind of the worst version of both games in the package, I think. Pretty sure I used it just enough to help develop walkthrough coverage, and then back in the box it went.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213071
Posted: 3rd August 2017 04:35

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
That version of IV is one of the hard type releases. Man does it get hard at some points. I remember a few late game bosses requiring multiple tries to take down. And Zeromous flattening my lv 90 party with ease.... So there is that challenge if you're into that. I've played that version of Chrono Trigger into the ground since I haven't had my SNES port for a LONG TIME and no longer had a DS when they released it for the DS.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #213089
Posted: 16th March 2018 15:19

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I still own this copy. It’s perhaps one of the worst ports and the port was horribly done with the music and load times.

What I liked was it came uncensored. Before Hot Coffee gamers demanded uncensored versions of games. After Hot Coffee when the GBA versions were all censored it was funny people wanted more censorship

--------------------
His Divine Shadow

Got Lexx?

Click to vist FFF.

Post #214603
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: