CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Topic Closed New Topic New Poll
R2: #16 Ronfaure (FF11) v. #8 Cape Caem (FF15)

Which song is your favorite?
Ronfaure [ 2 ]  [18.18%]
Cape Caem [ 9 ]  [81.82%]
Total Votes: 11

Posted: 18th November 2017 14:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Here's a matchup that I just can't predict at all. No hope. Ronfaure beat what I considered to be the weakest #1 seed (FF4's airship theme) and did so in a pretty significant way. Cape Caem, meanwhile, seemed an underdog with a higher seed when up against FF4's Theme of Love; I would have guessed that this matchup would have been the exact opposite of what it's turned out to be.

The lone entry from the first MMO, Ronfaure is likely the best known track in Final Fantasy XI due to its repeated inclusion in Distant Worlds setlists. This track is the theme for an elvish region of the world of Final Fantasy XI.

Befitting a game in which human relationships are a focus throughout, this theme gets a lot of play in some very emotional situations. All that being said, though, this track wasn't selected for the last competition, so there's no way to predict how it will do!
Post #213908
Posted: 20th November 2017 16:13

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Visit here to view this matchup on the Regalia website or listen to these tracks.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #213934
Posted: 22nd November 2017 06:17

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I'm not sure which way to vote since I don't have strong feelings on either track and they seem roughly evenly-matched to me, haha.

BTW I showed this tourney to a couple friends who do play FFXI, and they remarked that we should have picked up Breaking Ground or The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah or Fighters of the Crystal or Tavnazian Archipelago or Onslaught or Awakening or Ululations from Beyond or Ragnarok or Gates of Paradise ~ The Garden of Ru'Hmet or Flowers on the Battlefield or On This Blade or Stargazing or a variety of others to represent FFXI. Also Ronfaure is probably known not only from Distant Worlds but also from being one of the few FFXI tracks by Uematsu.

But anyway, this match and Clash on the Big Bridge vs. Searching for Friends are still giving me trouble.

I'm gonna go with Cape Caem. It's slightly more tuneful I think. At least I'm finding it easier to remember. Kinda feel bad about voting against FFXI's only entry, but whatever.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 22nd November 2017 07:10

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213963
Posted: 22nd November 2017 13:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 22nd November 2017 00:17)
I'm not sure which way to vote since I don't have strong feelings on either track and they seem roughly evenly-matched to me, haha.

BTW I showed this tourney to a couple friends who do play FFXI, and they remarked that we should have picked up Breaking Ground or The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah or Fighters of the Crystal or Tavnazian Archipelago or Onslaught or Awakening or Ululations from Beyond or Ragnarok or Gates of Paradise ~ The Garden of Ru'Hmet or Flowers on the Battlefield or On This Blade or Stargazing or a variety of others to represent FFXI. Also Ronfaure is probably known not only from Distant Worlds but also from being one of the few FFXI tracks by Uematsu.

But anyway, this match and Clash on the Big Bridge vs. Searching for Friends are still giving me trouble.

I'm gonna go with Cape Caem. It's slightly more tuneful I think. At least I'm finding it easier to remember. Kinda feel bad about voting against FFXI's only entry, but whatever.

If you'd shown them this a month ago they could have nominated rather than complaining. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #213965
Posted: 22nd November 2017 16:00

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Sorry, I should have done a better job of promoting this tourney. I've tried to tell friends about it belatedly, though I'm not sure how many actually joined and voted.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213968
Posted: 22nd November 2017 16:22

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I'm just trolling. Bottom line is that I spent a lot of time and even some money trying to promote this and it still never really took off. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #213969
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Closed New Topic New Poll