CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Clone Terra (handheld item cloning) in IOS?

Posted: 26th November 2015 20:56

Returner

I'm playing on my IPad, for what that's worth, with the latest updated FF6 updates. I've been attempting to execute the cloned Terra exploit in the final battle (using the most recent/relevant GameFAQs board post summary and Djibriel's walkthrough as my strategy) and have so far been unsuccessful after several attempts. At least I have Lightbringers for eternity now, but I'm really going for Paladin's Shield and Valiant Knife, maybe an extra Magus Rod.
Nowhere I've looked beyond the aforementioned sources have I found a clear-cut explanation of this glitch for IOS, and I'm beginning to wonder if it was 'fixed' for this particular release (or perhaps I inadvertently updated my app causing it...I'm not against rolling those back). Caves of Narshe, mnrogar's den, rpglegion...nothing I've found seems to give an explicit answer.
If I've just missed it somewhere, my bad - but anyhow, anyone out there have the definitive for this exploit, IOS? Thanks in advance!
Post #209903
Posted: 26th November 2015 22:25

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
It's the first I've heard of it. I searched for it on YouTube but nothing came up.

Where did you say you heard about this?

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #209904
Posted: 27th November 2015 00:50

Returner

Probably the most reliable source I've found is Djibriel's walkthrough: http://www.gamefaqs.com/iphone/734974-fina...y-vi/faqs/51030

The relevant portion is if you CTRL+F for: 8.17 The Aperture Science Handheld Item Duplication Bug

Leading quote from that section:
This bug was found in Septermber 2007 by a poster called Caysyka. Novalia_Spirit
has done most of the research concerning the rules of the bug.

The Item Duplication Bug allows you to 'copy' the character Terra in the final
battle, including her equipment. After the battle the second Terra and all her
cloned equipment will be gone again, but any piece of equipment you took off of
the second Terra during the battle will still be in your inventory. This allows
the player to copy any weapon and shield in the game.

Honestly, it seems a little too good to be true...but I did a google search 'clone Terra ff6' and was directed towards a couple GameFAQs links (including the one above), and at least in the GBA version this appears to be real. As one who - in 1995 when I was still a youngster - was fooled by some troll on a message board who convinced me I could get General Leo by stealing a Wrench from the little yellow dudes in Zozo, take said wrench to Gau's father's house and fix his chair, use the chair to climb onto the roof and meet Leo...I'm super skeptical but all signs point to this being a real thing and I want it smile.gif
Post #209905
Posted: 27th November 2015 05:06

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
That guide you link to was written for the GBA version of the game, which I know because that's what we used when we edited it for our own guide (Djibriel is long-time friend of the site). I would not be at all surprised to find that the subsequent remake of the game for iOS/Android might have patched that bug - in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that nobody's really dismantled the phone version enough to verify the bug's status.

I think the reason you haven't found anything concrete, to be concise, is there's nothing concrete to find. I know I certainly can't be any help! smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #209906
Posted: 27th November 2015 08:13

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Recently I tried executing the airship glitch on the Android version, and, well I quit. The midterms are already knocking on my door tomorrow and all, and I've no time to make a moogle come say they're a 'general and not an opera floozy', or make human biology go down to its knees.

While I believe that the Android version is probably the most well-programmed version of the game (compared to the mess that was the SNES version), I still have a feeling that some glitches remained.

For example, if I was game overed with a vanished Celes, the next time I get back into a battle, Celes enters the battle in a K.O.'ed stance before suddenly waking up. Or at least that's what I remember of the glitch. Honestly, Final Fantasy VI is a really broken game, its a good thing that wasn't much visible during all the iterations, unless you fought Intangir with Relm, noticed that physical evasion does nil, or thought of Vanish+Death. I really doubt the Android version has all the bugs squashed.

Anyways, assuming I can restore my game data back using TitaniumBackup to what I had, you can ask me to try and dismantle whatever glitches you want. I have a pre-Floating Continent save and a post-Floating Continent save if you wanna know.

This post has been edited by Pooka on 27th November 2015 08:38

--------------------
I am Exdeath. Step aside pesky clowns, or your warranty is Void!
Post #209907
Posted: 27th November 2015 11:16

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I thought Vanish+Doom (or Vanish+Death) was a design oversight rather than a programming error.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #209909
Posted: 27th November 2015 11:43

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 27th November 2015 13:16)
I thought Vanish+Doom (or Vanish+Death) was a design oversight rather than a programming error.

Maybe it is, since Vanish hides the target from physical attacks yet makes magical attacks connect on you rather than miss, but even without Vanish+Death, the game is full of bugs, from harmless ones such as improperly named items, to funny ones like the unobtainable item in the Phantom Train to potentially harmful ones such as the Sketch Glitch or stat-breaking such as magical evasion being both magical and physical evasion to potentially useful glitches such as the save point glitch (standing on a save point with one party and then switching to another to save with that party without the save point), the works.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Airship_glitch

Taking a look at the navbar of the Final Fantasy glitches (scroll below to Bugs and Glitches and click "show"), you'll notice that Final Fantasy VI's list of glitches is by far the biggest, only seconded by VII. That's a lot of bugs to squish, I doubt all of them are wiped out anyways. For your information, the Android version of FFVI seems to be based off the GBA version in translation as well as menu design (Relics being in the equipment screen according to Djibriel), and even my Amazon APK of FFVI seems to include a binary for the GBA Japanese version of the game.

--------------------
Post #209910
Posted: 27th November 2015 17:51

Returner

Thank you for the responses - I'll give it a couple more tries tonight after work, but it does make sense that it's (potentially, probably?) a GBA thing. Which would be kind of a bummer but that's my greed talking. Interesting that the IOS version doesn't have much exclusive documentation, but everything to that point in Djibriel was on point until I got to that part so not a huge loss.
Post #209916
Posted: 27th November 2015 18:32

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (rmwherry @ 27th November 2015 19:51)
Thank you for the responses - I'll give it a couple more tries tonight after work, but it does make sense that it's (potentially, probably?) a GBA thing. Which would be kind of a bummer but that's my greed talking. Interesting that the IOS version doesn't have much exclusive documentation, but everything to that point in Djibriel was on point until I got to that part so not a huge loss.

By exclusive documentation, you mean a walkthrough like Djibriel's?
That said, the Final Fantasy V Advance guide for Djibriel does state some differences between the Advance version and the Android version. Guess he didn't get much play or intel on VI Android.

--------------------
Post #209917
Posted: 28th November 2015 00:48

Returner

Yeah, I think so - between his and Lufia_Maxim's LLG guide, I've really gotten back into this game once I found it was out for IOS. They've been excellent - no reason to reinvent the wheel, IMO. Hopefully, I'll get that glitch to work sometime, but on the other hand, I own a DS and need to get myself something for Christmas.

I guess the only thing I'd really ever add that might be just IOS, is a section about the auto-turn feature and how it might be useful. It's made acquiring AP and Banon EXP, etc. a lot more bearable at least for me.
Post #209919
Posted: 28th November 2015 05:15

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (rmwherry @ 28th November 2015 02:48)
Yeah, I think so - between his and Lufia_Maxim's LLG guide, I've really gotten back into this game once I found it was out for IOS. They've been excellent - no reason to reinvent the wheel, IMO. Hopefully, I'll get that glitch to work sometime, but on the other hand, I own a DS and need to get myself something for Christmas.

I guess the only thing I'd really ever add that might be just IOS, is a section about the auto-turn feature and how it might be useful. It's made acquiring AP and Banon EXP, etc. a lot more bearable at least for me.

Indeed. However, in Banon's case, you still need to be present in order to influence the choice of the river sequence, somehow. The auto turn feature seems a bit quirky in the Veldt though. Attacking Gau when he returns, ouch!

--------------------
Post #209922
Posted: 28th November 2015 17:36

Returner

I agree, it does make rage acquisition more painful - I have to toggle the auto pretty much every battle when Gau is either gone (sometimes, he's quick enough to join before someone slaps him, most times not) or available to Leap with desirable rages still out there.

Here's another glitch that has caught my interest, but it seems like a huge pain to actually try it out - the Airship glitch.

Given that, even if it does work for IOS (the article says works for all versions) and I didn't just waste 4-5 hours of my life, you can only land once...I am trying to think of a practical application that would enhance a LLG played through fully. I feel like the initial save would have to come after Battle of Narshe but before Opera House, but I don't see any way that one landing would 'help' at that point. Idk, seems like a fun idea at least for goofing around.
Post #209925
Posted: 28th November 2015 18:54

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (rmwherry @ 28th November 2015 19:36)
Here's another glitch that has caught my interest, but it seems like a huge pain to actually try it out - the Airship glitch.

Given that, even if it does work for IOS (the article says works for all versions) and I didn't just waste 4-5 hours of my life, you can only land once...I am trying to think of a practical application that would enhance a LLG played through fully. I feel like the initial save would have to come after Battle of Narshe but before Opera House, but I don't see any way that one landing would 'help' at that point. Idk, seems like a fun idea at least for goofing around.

Yes, I wanted to try the Airship Glitch as well on the Android version, if at least only to figure out whether the glitch works to begin with (that is, being respawned while riding the ship as opposed to having saved on the world map), and I've got a save right before the Floating Continent itself, but I've no time or effort to go through Ninjas and my most hated section in the entire game.

Yes, if you ever want a complete game with the airship glitch, you've no choice. You've got to land south of Zozo, in order to continue the game normally up until you name Setzer. After you've named Setzer, all should be well even with the glitch.

Its really fun. Its the one glitch that'll bring human biology to its needs, perhaps let you play as General Leo or have a Moogle talk about how they're a general and not an opera floozy, the works. You'll enjoy it when you do it right.

--------------------
Post #209926
Posted: 29th November 2015 15:30

Returner

I've no time or effort to go through Ninjas and my most hated section in the entire game.

Amen. I remember before I really started caring about the LLG/NMLLG challenges the Floating Continent was pretty fun - just powerleveling and stealing Genji Gloves until I was stuffed.

And then, Ninjas. The only place that I dread nearly as much now is Phoenix Cave until I can make it the save point, although I've had much better luck there with the moogle charm/Mog team eating half my steps.

I think I'll try the airship glitch someday - I read through the whole set of original posts linked from Kotaku last night and there's a couple things I definitely want to try out. Plus, she did seem to have a point about why Celes operates in the 1 (0?) slot...I always wondered if she and Terra were originally supposed to be the same player, just given the plot and equips. It appears that the sprites are somewhat combinable.

But then again, the opera part doesn't make much sense if they were originally one and the same. And, Celes does start out as the baseline for WOR...no idea if this actually matters, but FWIW I am glad that they're both in-game and kicking butt.
Post #209928
Posted: 29th November 2015 17:21

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (rmwherry @ 29th November 2015 17:30)
I've no time or effort to go through Ninjas and my most hated section in the entire game.

Amen. I remember before I really started caring about the LLG/NMLLG challenges the Floating Continent was pretty fun - just powerleveling and stealing Genji Gloves until I was stuffed.

And then, Ninjas. The only place that I dread nearly as much now is Phoenix Cave until I can make it the save point, although I've had much better luck there with the moogle charm/Mog team eating half my steps.

I think I'll try the airship glitch someday - I read through the whole set of original posts linked from Kotaku last night and there's a couple things I definitely want to try out. Plus, she did seem to have a point about why Celes operates in the 1 (0?) slot...I always wondered if she and Terra were originally supposed to be the same player, just given the plot and equips. It appears that the sprites are somewhat combinable.

But then again, the opera part doesn't make much sense if they were originally one and the same. And, Celes does start out as the baseline for WOR...no idea if this actually matters, but FWIW I am glad that they're both in-game and kicking butt.

My first run in FFVI was pretty fatal when it came to the Floating Continent. Me running away from all battles, and being owned by the Ninjas. Come Atmas Weapon, it was a fierce battle to the death, almost the whole party was killed save for an Edgar with 2HP (if I remember well) who revived the rest, including Terra, who managed to do the first Riot Blade I've seen on Atmas Weapon, delivering the final attack.

My second run was the least fatal, but I still ran away most of the time. Ultima Weapon wasn't as pesky, and I survived a bunch of Ninjas. My third run didn't have me running away frequently, yet Ultima Weapon was becoming challenging this time. Coincidently, the final attack was the second Riot Blade I've ever had! Look, all the game's parts are fine. Except for Tunnel Armor and the Floating Continent.

I have a feeling that Celes was the main character after all. She, Edger and Setzer are the only ones required to win the game, and she starts the WoR campaign by herself. However, she didn't get much backstory as Terra, who's backstory was already lacking to begin with. We've no idea on how both of them lived their life as slaves to the Empire, or how Celes was a general who rallied Gestahl back before she made her turn.

I should also try the glitch as well. Wanna get to the Phantom Train, swap out a character or two, and then let them instakill the final Kefka as an insult using Possess. But I can probably instakill the final Kefka using two Ultima Weapons and a Genji Glove and a high level strength-based character (Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, if I remember well). I'll be the one laughing that day.

This post has been edited by Pooka on 29th November 2015 17:24

--------------------
Post #209929
Posted: 29th November 2015 19:08

Returner

Watching YouTube: The possess instakill on Kefka looked hilarious, he just went poof! and it took a second before the game realized it was all over...that was executed by Gogo.

Definitely worth a try, IMO - man I wish it was easier to trigger that glitch!

Sorry, it still stings a little that I (probably) can't get everyone a Paladin Shield in this version. It sounds dumb since I own a SNES and a Game Genie, but those were put away so long ago and I - for purely personal/selfish reasons, honestly - don't want to put the current saves at risk. There's a lot of history in those saves, I've found.

I, too, think that Celes may be main character. I'm phrasing this carefully, because I've read a few flame wars on this topic before and I'm just a guy that has enjoyed this game and not an expert or whatever. But under pressure I honestly think that the combined plot of Celes and Terra is the main character, even though that's not a thing.
Post #209930
Posted: 29th November 2015 19:15

Returner

Also, worth mentioning that I can still remember getting owned in the FC a ton early when I was playing. That place and Wrexsoul (I was 12 and had next to to access to the internet back then) were my biggest hang ups.

I over leveled always. I legitimately called the Nintendo 1-800 help line number in '95 to learn how to save Shadow. It all seems so long ago!
Post #209931
Posted: 29th November 2015 19:38

Black Mage

Awards:
Anything that humiliates Kefka in any way possible is more than lovely and hilarious to me. So yeah. My only suggestion to this glitch is to get a secondary iDevice do the dirty work and keep everyone but yourself off of it and try to execute the glitch... this is after trying whether the glitch works first with a save directly before the Floating Continent and after the pesky battles with the Emperials, just not to waste your effort.

Yeah, its better to keep your old saves intact, especially if they're on an ages old cart. Heh flamewars on who's the main character of FFVI in real? So its not only "Aeris vs. Aerith" then. And the combined plot idea sounds interesting. Terra+Celes seems a lot more developed than both as separate characters, the only thing repelling them is one probably might as well fall in love, the other... errr... just discovered it at near end-game? Maybe.

Yeah, its worse to be owned by Wrexsoul, because at this point its either you beat Wrexsoul or you get stuck to Cyan's dream. Heh, I just wonder how was the age when phone lines providing service and information for the game existed BACK before support was done on forums and everything was exposed on GameFAQs and the works. And I just remembered something else GameFAQs related...

--------------------
Post #209932
Posted: 1st December 2015 03:54

Returner

Stupid story, but worth telling: I was lowest level 43 (don't hate), my first time though and I managed to keep it together vs Wrexsoul (knowing nothing) in front of my parents for about 30 minutes. When I finally killed it, by luck, it was kind of a family event.

Weird, but everyone was invested. My brother went on to conquer FFVII in ways I can't (Ruby Weapon was owned on his save) and my dad decided he wanted to help out...leading to the General Leo thing.

I wonder if anyone else had a similar experience. Ultimately, mine takes a back seat to my parents' (imminent) divorce and the fallout. And honestly, it made my saves there and thereafter more important, as I had to move on and go to college. But my mom was there when I made level 99 for the first time (with Sabin, again don't hate) - it was like 1am CST and she woke up and was pissed until she saw what had happened.

I guess ultimately that of the few threads that run through my life, this one is one of my favorites. And I don't want to exploit or go beyond it, but I do want to relive it - but better. If that makes any sense. Rangers, thanks for having a landing zone. Pooka, thanks for keeping it warm. It's dumb but just holding the SNES cart is comforting and when I found out it was IOS I had to try to break it just like old times.

I've already gotten so much out of revisiting the past - here's hoping that I can expand that with the good stuff out there.
Post #209941
Posted: 1st December 2015 14:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
You're quite welcome, of course. And so as to keep your original query going in this thread and not too far buried, I might suggest a couple other forum topics that might be interesting in terms of sharing early experiences with the game, in order of my perception of relevancy:

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=16980
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=16365
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=16313
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=16404

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #209945
Posted: 1st December 2015 16:34

Black Mage

Awards:
FF6 represents a lot of memories to you, I see. Unluckily, it seems my family wasn't in the Final Fantasy scene from the beginning, and playing them in front of mom already got me to the point where she memorized the series' name for being old, when I talked about getting FFX for the PS Vita or something.

Me beginning into the series of Final Fantasy might be another story for another day. But what I do know is that I don't regret it. Also, you're welcome. Go break the iOS game to your heart's content!

That said, I need to at least have another Android device to manage its saves, especially the recent one with the pesky clown slain twice and the Dragon's Den owned, etc, and then go back to the pesky of the peskiest, the Floating Continent. I still hate it.

--------------------
Post #209947
Posted: 8th December 2015 09:02

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I remember first playing 6 as a 5 year old playing the SNES version. I could never get past the boss that you HAD to use Sabins pummel on to beat. I think the boss's name was Vargus? I couldn't beat him because the game didn't do that great of job telling me how to use pummel so i couldn't figure out how to activate it. Was able to beat the whole game after figuring it out.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210005
Posted: 8th December 2015 19:47

Black Mage

Awards:
Yes, its Vargas. And yes, you had to use a Sabin's Pummel/Raging Fist to put him to rest. I remember someone saying that the instructions to do the Blitz was poor but otherwise literally correct. Its funny when you also take into account FF7 and the Scorpion's tail confusion.

--------------------
Post #210015
Posted: 22nd December 2015 09:57

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
It seems it's been fixed:

Source

I'd call it an error. Quake still misses Invisible, Floating targets, L.4 Flare still misses Invisible characters when their level isn't right and the Bserk spell misses Invisible characters immune to the status. By every logic, Doom shouldn't work on Invisible targets immune to ID, but it does and that's a bug.

Having Strago learn L.5 Doom from Setzer's Joker Doom, now that's a design oversight.

--------------------
Post #210144
Posted: 22nd December 2015 18:07

Black Mage

Awards:
Hmm interesting. Looks like the ports aren't all cash-grabs as people would love to spin them off as, but actually updates with more fixes to one heck of a broken game.

Oh, Djibriel, will you update the FFVI guide for the differences between the Android and the Advance version, while you're on it, much alike how you did the same in your FFV guide?

--------------------
Post #210145
Posted: 22nd December 2015 18:17

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Pooka @ 22nd December 2015 14:07)
Hmm interesting. Looks like the ports aren't all cash-grabs as people would love to spin them off as, but actually updates with more fixes to one heck of a broken game.

user posted image

Now, on the actual topic, kinda, note how in that GameFAQs thread, someone immediately posts a garbage answer to the question. Invite that man here! Dji, do you have a running list of which major bugs are fixed in which release? Would actually be pretty interesting, and I have to admit I haven't kept up on your FF6 docs since we launched them on CoN.

--------------------

Post #210146
Posted: 23rd December 2015 17:31

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
will you update the FFVI guide for the differences between the Android and the Advance version

I won't! Here is why.

1. I no longer want to write new documents or make big changes to the existing ones. I'll keep the option open of updating, but I'm putting close to no work in these days.

2. The new releases are on a platform I'm not familiar with, so I can't get into the machine like I could for the SNES game.

3. I don't like the new incarnation. I could play FFVI for the iOs on my iPad, but I haven't finished it because the game makes me want to not play it. The new art style is inconsistent; character sprites , Amano portraits, complicated 3D models, none of them fit eachother. There was a lot of room for improvement that was neglected. The auto-battle system was worse than FFV's auto-battle system.

Dji, do you have a running list of which major bugs are fixed in which release?

Not really. There's a lot of versions these days (Virtual Console on the Wii, PSX, GBA, iOS, Android, Steam, probably more) and new releases don't draw enough of a crowd to work that stuff out. In addition, bugfixes are sometimes fixed in such a sloppy way that new bugs arise, and new bugs are added alltogether; it's hardly a slow road to perfection.

For instance, in the GBA game moves that also set Imp (think Bad Breath, Disaster, Mind Blast, etc.) miss completely against targets that are immune to Imp, while they should still apply the other status ailments where applicable. I think that new bug still exists in the iOS game, but I'm not sure, it's been a while. Bugs like these are sure to be added whenever any change is made to the battle engine, but nobody's keeping track of them anymore.

I'm willing to bet there a new bugs attached to the fact that Cyan's SwdTech/Bushido input system has been altered if you mess around with Quick, Mimic or Zombie, for instance.

This post has been edited by Djibriel on 23rd December 2015 17:32

--------------------
Post #210150
Posted: 23rd December 2015 19:44

Black Mage

Awards:
The auto-battle in FFVI served me when I was fighting those dinosaurs in hopes of fighting the Brachiosaur or whatever its called for the Celestriads, especially when I had a week trainee that I put on defend while having the trainer go Master's Scroll + Ultima Weapon/Fixed Dice. The auto battle system is okay for the most part until you take it to the Veldt and try to recruit a Leaped Gau while having the auto-battle activated. I think its more lovely than FFV's auto-battle which just sends instant attack commands all the time instead of the last command issued.

But hey, the art style and sprites are actually a bit consistent here, unlike the retained issue from V Advance and Android.

That said, could you please clarify about Cyan's new input and bugs with such commands? Chances are I didn't notice them if they do exist, and I had Cyan go zombie a decent amount of time in a post-game run.

--------------------
Post #210151
Posted: 24th December 2015 08:10

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (JuliMizrahi)
Who cares about the extra Paladin Shield? I want the extra Interceptors.

Best response to a glitch ever.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210154
Posted: 24th December 2015 11:56

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
It's been a while, but I remember griping about the fact that auto-battle carried over into the next battle. Different encounters call for different tactics. Later in the game, there's no standard attack pattern to follow (unless you've taught them all Ultima) and auto-battle becomes pretty useless.

In FFV, I remember auto-battle switching off after every battle, so you had to engage in every fight. This is a much better than quickly needing to turn it off every other fight before Relm manages to unnecessarily Blizzaga the enemy party.

But hey, the art style and sprites are actually a bit consistent here, unlike the retained issue from V Advance and Android.

I'm sorry, I don't understand that sentence. Which issue is retained from FFV?

That said, could you please clarify about Cyan's new input and bugs with such commands?

I don't know any. I can't say for sure there are any. I'm just saying that if experience is any indication, with this new feature, some new bugs were introduced as well because it's very difficult to have it work bug-free in the thousand unlikely scenarios you can force on yourself in the game.

Edit
Haha, right on time! Apparantly, the PC version crashes when Gau appears on the Veldt while Bushido is charging.

This post has been edited by Djibriel on 28th December 2015 22:21

--------------------
Post #210158
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: