CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Stream June 16

Posted: 10th June 2022 13:33

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Square Enix announced today that on June 16, next Thursday, they will do a brief livestream for "the latest information relating to the 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII." Tetsuya Nomura made a statement that the stream will be only around ten minutes long but will contain lots of information. The broadcast will take place at 6pm Eastern time.

Of course, the information could just be more details on Final Fantasy VII mobile titles, but I've been privately speculating to friends and Discord since the new Final Fantasy XVI trailer that we should now expect news on Remake Part 2 essentially any time. I was targeting the Tokyo Game Show window, but now would be a fine time too...

Source: Gematsu
Post #216911
Posted: 10th June 2022 15:05

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
*gasp* you got to a news post before I did! tongue.gif actually, I hadn't heard about this, so thanks for posting!

We were talking about FFVII Remake briefly on my stream last night - I was wondering what I would play after I finish streaming FFXII:TZA, and mentioned Remake as a possibility depending on how close we were to the release of Part 2. Still have a bunch of FFXII to get through first (we're just up to Phon Coast/Tchita) so plenty of time to decide.

We were also talking about whether the next part of Remake would be released for PS4 or not... my guess is no, which sucks for us PS4 players but, as one of my viewers pointed out, they already have done PS5-only stuff with Intergrade, so... yeah, pretty sure next part will be PS5 only (at first - I expect it will make its way to PC too eventually)

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy VII -Rebirth-
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV Side Quests (or maybe more Rebirth, we'll see!)
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #216912
Posted: 13th June 2022 13:26

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (AltheaValara @ 10th June 2022 09:05)
*gasp* you got to a news post before I did! tongue.gif actually, I hadn't heard about this, so thanks for posting!

We were also talking about whether the next part of Remake would be released for PS4 or not... my guess is no, which sucks for us PS4 players but, as one of my viewers pointed out, they already have done PS5-only stuff with Intergrade, so... yeah, pretty sure next part will be PS5 only (at first - I expect it will make its way to PC too eventually)

You are so much more online than I am these days. Plus, this helped me find a bug that is stopping your news posts from getting short URLs built for them - I haven't fixed it yet though. smile.gif

I agree that the next part is pretty unlikely to be released for PS4, unless they do announce a release date that is much closer than I expect it to be. Now that we know that XVI is next summer, I've said a couple times in Discord and to friends offline that I'm predicting a Holiday 2023 release for Part 2.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #216914
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: