CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Hobbies

Posted: 8th April 2003 22:56

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Anyone have any hobbies besides video games?

I tend to mimic people alot.  (hence the avatar)  But I also do some writing, including short stories and poetry.

I know theirs artists and writers that contribute, but surely there's some that havent mentioned it or don't contribute.  (I could but I'm not to happy with it.)

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #10770
Posted: 9th April 2003 00:04

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
You're soaking in it.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #10771
Posted: 9th April 2003 02:05

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I write, read, and I collect ancient-style weapons (swords, daggers, sais, stars, etc.)

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #10775
Posted: 9th April 2003 02:17

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
i love music more than anything else, and my dream was always to go somewhere with my music, so im always kind of saddened when i know i cant have that cuz im gonna be in the army for the next six years.  i like to play guitar, bass, harmonica, and sometimes drums when i come across a set.  if i could ever find someone who bootlegged one of my shows or if i had a good recording, i would make a site or something and post links if anyone was interested.  i dont think lyrics or anything like that is welcome on the fanart/fanfic page, and i also dont want to offend anyone (particularly the webmaster or staff) because there is some rather harsh language in a few and somewhat violent subjects to a lot of my songs and i wouldnt want to offend anyone that didnt care for my views or ideas. im kind of an over-the-top kind of person, and not everyone likes that, so i pretty much keep it to myself.

i also work at a butcher shop, which although i get paid to do it, i would probably do it for free because its an easy job and you meet a lot of nice people and its a good skill to have i guess. im the only person i know who doesnt dread going to work 7 days a week, i actually look forward to it and count down the hours. stop thinking weird things about me.

thats about it, i dont get out much.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #10777
Posted: 9th April 2003 10:53

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Hobbies, eh?

Music is THE most important thing in life. (aside from family, friends, etc.) From the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep, I'm listening to something which I tend to call "g00d music". Heck, I even go to sleep while listening to music.
I collect cd's. At last count, I had 134. I like to buy a couple of different cd's every couple of weeks, hence the sig.
Top 10 Bands-
-Rage Against the Machine
-Nonpoint
-tool
-System of a Down
-Red HOt Chili Peppers
-Local H
-Offspring
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Foo Fighters

I also play music, as many of you know. I'm a professional ameteur at the bass (does that make sense?) I play in a band called Amoxicillin. Right now, we just do songs from other bands we like, but we've recently started to write our own stuff. Besides the bass, I'm a pro at the trumpet (ph33r my brass power!) Been playing it since the fourth grade. I also play set, though not good enough to be bragging. And I have some skills on the piano/keyboard.

Sports also a big part of my life. I love playing basketball, tennis, golf, baseball, and roller hockey. And I'm an avid sports watcher as well. I watch nearly anything on ESPN or Fox Sports Net.

I like to write short stories. To date, I have completed about 6 or 7 short stories (1 submitted to CoN) and have about 10-13 that are left unfiinished. I aspire to become a newspaper columnist when I graduate from high school. So writing is important to me.

Between all that, school, (bleh :p)  and working at a movie theater, those are my hobbies.

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #10788
Posted: 9th April 2003 11:08

Black Mage

Awards:
I like to read, mostly fantasy. There's the whole video game thing. Right now I'm addicted to FIFA 2003. Love music and all that. Intramural season has just starter so I've started playing soccer again. Sleep has become a hobby of mine since it requires some ingenuity to get it in with my homework among other things.

--------------------
What would Zorro do?-Homer Simpson
Post #10790
Posted: 9th April 2003 20:24

Group Icon
Wavey Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Third place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoN European Cup, 2008. 
Winner of the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
oh man...
Hobbies, eh?
Okay, here goes
Listening to music- Linkin Park, D-12, Eminem, Drowning Pool, Ozzy Osbourne...
Playing warhammer 40k- a tabletop wargame
Discussing my hobbies online- obvious
reading/writing i suppose are hobbies of mine
watching footie (UK)- SAINT MIRRREN TILL I DIE! :)
and thats my hobbies. oh, and endlessly making anti-french jokes.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of their quotes being misattributed to Plato."
-George Santayana

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here..."
-Abraham Lincoln, prior to the discovery of Irony.
Post #10819
Posted: 10th April 2003 00:10

Cactuar

Awards:
I like to write,photography,painting,sking,singing,cooking gormet meals :E  stuff like that

--------------------
Things have not changed
You have changed

Henery David Thoreau
Post #10840
Posted: 10th April 2003 00:22
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
i do lots of things, dancing, swimming, skating, skiing, drawing, painting -(not saying i do it well)

--------------------
my mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and then it's gone...
Post #10843
Posted: 10th April 2003 00:25

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
The closest thing I have to a hobby is my writing and the occasional game playing; I don't do much with my life. :shakeshead:

--------------------
~Status Report~

* Completed... Dragon's Head
* Completed... Soldiers of the Empire: Disciples (release pending)
* In Progress/Undecided... Of Love and Betrayal
* Planning/Assembly... Where it all Began
Post #10844
Posted: 10th April 2003 16:44

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
Sports is my life, it doesn't count as a hobby. That said, my hobbies include:

Music. I love music, mostly concious hip-hop, also a little R&B and Jazz. I think I'll imitate Sabin and list my top ten artists/groups:
Black Star
The Roots
De La Soul
J-Live
Mission
Common
Wu-Tang
Outkast
Pharcyde
Tribe Called Quest

Reading, Writing, Biking, and Chess also qualify, but a little less enthusiastically than music.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #10887
Posted: 10th April 2003 18:49

Cactuar

Awards:
I know you swim well Brenny..seeing how you have a pool and all lol :E

--------------------
Things have not changed
You have changed

Henery David Thoreau
Post #10894
Posted: 11th April 2003 00:00
Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2003. Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
Hobbies. Let me lay it down in list form

-sleep (i'm a proffessional :E)
-GTA: Vice City (i'll kill you all, i guarantee)
-chilling in my last 2 months of high school (major w00t factor)
-womanizing (not so much anymore.. but i'm still a pro at it)
-quality time with my AWESPME drum set (at least 3 hours a day... well, i try to)
-chilling with mi amigos
-spinning rock cuts at Neo's Clubbb (and that's my JOB! sweet!)
-pumping iron at the gym and getting geared up for the Air Force in June

that's me

--------------------
Air force... if you ever join the militant wing, join the Air force

Army = jockos
Navy = seasick nerds
Marines = show offs
PeaceCorp = hippies

AF is the way to go
Post #10914
Posted: 11th April 2003 01:38

Awards:
you play drums? i thought you played bass... damn who was that again?

--------------------

Your time will come...
Post #10924
Posted: 11th April 2003 02:06

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (therandyrhoads @ 10 Apr 2003, 21:38)
you play drums? i thought you played bass... damn who was that again?

I also play music, as many of you know. I'm a professional ameteur at the bass (does that make sense?)

I play bass! Something both Tim and I forgot to mention is that we're in the same band. I play bass and lead vocals, Tim is the drummer, and then of course we have a lead guitarist (she's not a CoN member, so you wouldn't know her).

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #10926
Posted: 11th April 2003 02:54
Engineer

Awards:
Making music -guitar, bass (play in a band that actually plays decent venues :D)

Video Games

Listening to music - Beatles, Pink Floyd, Sublime, Bob Marley, Deftones, Disco Biscuits, 2 Skinnee J's

Piercings - I am fascinated with body modifications, currently have 3/8" earlobes (stretching to 7/16") and eyebrow.  Planning on doing tongue soon.  I am fascinated with the anceint cutural aspects especially.  My choice of piercings is related to the tribal signifigance of them (ask me in chat and I can explain :D)

--------------------
Old enough to know better
Not old enough to care
Post #10928
Posted: 11th April 2003 03:11

Engineer

Awards:
I'm an eccentric person with boring hobbies ¬.¬  I like to: read and analyze children's literature (reading in general isn't a hobby; it's something I do...like breathing), Victorian fashion and culture, 1920's fashion and culture, T.S. Eliot, Tennyson, classical Greek and Roman literature, geisha culture, collect interesting poker cards, watch anime, critically analyze anime, write fiction, draw, follow certain illustrators and artists, indulge in Japanese pop culture, and be as strange as possible.

I'm an Asian Studies major now, so I also spend a lot of time looking at Japanese society, culture, and history, and especially at gender issues.  So a hobby has turned into actual academic research.  I'll be doing it for the rest of my life now ^^;

--------------------
"Turd-cookies!...they're hot and soft, though..."

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead, Are heaped for the beloved's bed; And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone, Love itself shall slumber on.  - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Post #10929
Posted: 11th April 2003 03:15

Black Waltz

Awards:
my hobbies include sports mostly football, wrestling, and rugby (BGSU RUGBY SWEET 16 BOUND, wish me luck), coaching wrestling, playing guitar and writing songs, drinking and partying, and history especially the Civil War (I have visited many battlesites and will visit the greatest battlefield in American history this summer, Gettysburg).

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #10931
Posted: 11th April 2003 18:24

Awards:
I play bass! Something both Tim and I forgot to mention is that we're in the same band. I play bass and lead vocals, Tim is the drummer

ohhh... yeah it kinda hit me a little later that i had the wrong guy. at least i wasnt TOO far off, what with you guys playing together.

--------------------

Your time will come...
Post #10962
Posted: 13th April 2003 16:08

Crusader

Awards:
My hobbies include:

TRYING TO write poetry (got great inspiration, but not enough percentage in the drinks :p )

Trying to invent/master new tricks with my playing-chain. :D

Quake3Arena. I like playing with anime-originating models (Zero, Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Oni Link, Fuchikoma, Vivi...)

And looking up stuff in the internet ;>

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #10987
Posted: 14th April 2003 21:31

Awards:
history especially the Civil War (I have visited many battlesites and will visit the greatest battlefield in American history this summer, Gettysburg).

if you like civil war sites, i can assure you 100% that you will enjoy gettysburg, especially if you havent already been there. go to downtown gettysburg and look at all the shops and other buildings, they havent changed in over 175 years (theres even a building with a cannon shell sticking out of the second story wall). make sure to visit the bloody angle, the peach orchard and devils den in particular. im sure you will appreciate the town and all the battlesites.

--------------------

Your time will come...
Post #11057
Posted: 14th April 2003 23:29
Group Icon
SOLDIER

hmmm....

drawing
music
breakdancing
anime to an embarassing extreme ;/
Post #11059
Posted: 14th April 2003 23:34
Black Mage

Awards:
trying to get all the bob dylan songs on mp3, as well as being sorted -_-
wandering sometimes, ill do more of that when it's warmer.
reading Tom Brown Junior
Post #11060
Posted: 16th April 2003 12:38

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
As a hallmark of my family, I do everything (though not at the same time). I try to focus on things which lead to a full, hearty life. Things such as music, liturature, learning, potatoes, and the great outdoors. I would have to say that the hobby which I take part in most often is thinking.

Edit: By liturature, I meant both writting and reading.

Post #11131
Posted: 16th April 2003 13:13

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I mostly read but I also play Magic. I listen to a lot of music, not as much as Sabin, but it is still a major factor in my life.

--------------------
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
Post #11134
Posted: 17th April 2003 22:52

Cactuar

Awards:
potatoes? care to explain Iain. I didn't know  potatoes could be a hobby :)

--------------------
Things have not changed
You have changed

Henery David Thoreau
Post #11189
Posted: 18th April 2003 05:43

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
potatoes? care to explain Iain. I didn't know  potatoes could be a hobby

I second that motion. Potatoes as in "Potato Gun" or "Couch Potato"?

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11214
Posted: 18th April 2003 13:02

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2019. Third place in CoNCAA, 2018. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Second place in CoNCAA, 2015. 
I try to focus on things which lead to a full, hearty life.
Does not the preparation and consumption of potatoes meet this description? :E
And Dark Paladin, don't tell me you'd waste perfectly good potatoes in such a way. :blah:
Post #11225
Posted: 18th April 2003 18:12

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I used to play Saxophone and Basson, but have since slacked off of my music playing.  I also used to take karate, because my dad used to own a karate school because he's an uber-black belt-ninja-cop. White water rafting was fun, but I almost drowned doing that, so geh... I have plenty of books filled with old coins, since I used to collect them, but I haven't done it in years. Now I'm in the "websites and computer technologies own me" portion of my life. Oh how I love the internet.
Post #11239
Posted: 18th April 2003 20:52

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (Iain Peregrine @ 18 Apr 2003, 09:02)
I try to focus on things which lead to a full, hearty life.
Does not the preparation and consumption of potatoes meet this description? :E
And Dark Paladin, don't tell me you'd waste perfectly good potatoes in such a way. :blah:

Of course not! I have had people describe it to me, including my father (mostly middle school time-period :rolleyes:)
I still don't get it

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11242
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: