CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
remake of ff5

Posted: 5th January 2011 01:59

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rubicant @ 2nd January 2011 19:42)
I think most people's gripe with the GBA release of FFV is the poor attempt at humor in the game's revamped dialogue. Other than that, I can't really see how anyone would complain or compare it to the original SNES version, it's virtually identical.

I completely agree with this.
I will whine about one thing, though: for the final job, Necromancer is pretty underpowered.

I actually like using Dark Arts, and I only wish you get the job earlier in the game, when you have more than just the underwhelming Cloister of the Dead.

I would replace "Necromancer" with "Oracle" and "underpowered" with "crappy", though. The only reason I used it was to get the awesome ABP Up (increases ABP gained by 50%, rounded down) and Read Ahead (drastically reduces all random encounters) abilities.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #191888
Posted: 6th March 2011 01:02

Black Mage

Awards:
It is true, the FFVA translation is one of the worst game translation I ever saw, I think.

It is soooooo much worse than the SNES English translation by a fan, unfortunally I am not sure if the site has the patch for THIS translation.
If you want to play FFV with a good English translation, the SNES-Hack is surely worth a try.
For instance, Mid is the whole game copying Cid's action, hehe. And some funny passages are here and there, too.
What I really love in the SNES version (not sure if it still exists in the PSX version) but got cut out in the GBA edition was the animation when you kill a stone monster with a soft/gold needle. It is just soooooo funny. I am just rolling on the floor laughing everytime I see that.
Unfortunally, it looks awful in the GBA version.

I personally wished that the GBA bonus content would be accessible way earlier. I mean, it would be surely nice to have new jobs since the first crystal, which would make the whole playthrough a lot more interesting since you can play the game in a total different way and develop more strategies.
Post #193299
Posted: 23rd March 2011 21:32

Black Mage

Awards:
http://www.zophar.net/hacks/snes/final-fan...-Only--572.html

A hack for the SNES version, but I haven't tried myself.
Post #193713
Posted: 5th April 2011 04:43

Black Mage

Awards:
If they remade V on PSP in the style of I,II and IV remakes. I'd buy it right away if they made it a complete version with the anime sequel as an unlockable feature. Or especially if it is available from the beginning.But if not I'd rather see it in 3D on 3DS.

--------------------
I treasure those who I love that love me in return. <3
Post #193978
Posted: 8th April 2011 02:11

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Wouldn't be the first time a game has offered something less-than-useless as its ultimate prize.

That said, I think that there are enough character classes as is, and if they are changed it should be tweaking the existing classes rather than introducing any more new ones.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #194030
Posted: 29th April 2011 16:43

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
If they remade V on PSP in the style of I,II and IV remakes. I'd buy it right away if they made it a complete version with the anime sequel as an unlockable feature. Or especially if it is available from the beginning.

This.
I didn't even know they made an anime sequel to FF5. Seeing it as a bonus feature on a PSP remake would be great. Squenix did a bang-up job of remaking 1, 2 & 4 for PSP, and I'd love to see 5 & 6 get the same treatment.
Post #194473
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: