CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite Class

Posted: 26th June 2003 22:27
Returner

I Voted for Dragoon. Or Lancer. Mainly because I like Cara/Krile's Dragoon Look. Jump's pretty cool though, And spears.
Post #13709
Posted: 23rd July 2003 06:11
Returner

Well, seeing I was cheap in progressing through the game, I played normally until I got to crescent island and then mastered all the jobs I had before the earth crystal at the caves of jacole - the only job that was hard to master there was berserker because you cant use the !terrain command against the skull eaters.  So after I finally got mime I was overly excited... I mean, you can make a "red mage" out of it with that has both level 6 white and black, as well as mp +30%... you can make a "mystic knight" that has hp+30%, !MgcSwrd Lv 6, and !x-fight... seriously, if you have an attack that normally causes 9999 damage, you now have an attack that causes 4800-5100 4 times... you can make an all purpose mage that can do time and blue magic if you know you have a tough battle... if you dont want to take any damage in useless fights, you can Agility/Evade/Flirt.... the choices are almost endless... having 3 slots to put whatever you want is amazing, not to mention if you mastered any or all job classes, you have all the abilities as a level 0 of all of those classes you mastered!

Mime all the way
Post #14853
Posted: 23rd July 2003 08:14

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I'd go with ninjas, they're my favourite job class since the first time I saw Shadow in South Figaro. Monks and samourais come next... I guess I like asian warriors.
Post #14857
Posted: 29th July 2003 04:57

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I'll have to go with the Berserker class.Not that it's very useful,or that it'd look cool,but it's fun to change the whole party to berserkers and just sit back and watch them exp.

--------------------
"Crapola!"-Cefca
Post #15043
Posted: 30th July 2003 04:35

Returner

My favorite job depends on the enemy involved, the stage of the game, and what other jobs/abilities my characters have.  Monk, Samurai, Ninja, Summoner, Berserker, and White Mage all top my list, especially in different stages of the game.  standard skills generally are !White, DblGrip, Summon, !$Toss, !Toss, Counter, and Berserk, not all at once, of course!

The classes I haven't tried to master in more than one class,
(or even one class yet!) are Thief, Red Mage, Time Mage, and Sorcerer.  I'm not much of a "Thief" person, the 999 points for the last skill for Red Mage is nearly prohibitive, and I didn't find much use for the Sword Magic.

All in all, I find the Job system well balanced!
Post #15114
Posted: 2nd August 2003 16:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
The mages they can do thinks you couldn't even imagine

--------------------
PARENTAL ADVISORY:The text in this signature may offend some people read at your own risk.
Post #15368
Posted: 5th August 2003 18:49

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
My favorite class overall in most games is Ninja, especially in 5 since they can swing two swords in one turn (and Bartz/Butz looks cool!).  Otherwise I love Dragoons, and Black, White, Blue, Red, and Time Mages or summoners combined wtih any fighting class becuase it kicks butt when each character has strength and spells both!  :)

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #15530
Posted: 20th August 2003 15:08

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Yep summoners are pretty awesome too.  But my favorite class is the sorceror i had reina as a knight and got two-handed then as a sorceror she use a two-handed coral sword with bolt2 sword magic it wiped out the soul gun in one hit.

--------------------
PARENTAL ADVISORY:The text in this signature may offend some people read at your own risk.
Post #16453
Posted: 31st August 2003 13:37

Returner

Awards:
I choosed Mages, because there are many powerful jobs, but they all need a Mage, or to heal, or to help attacking ;)

--------------------
Give me the lemon and i give the lemonade
Post #16962
Posted: 2nd September 2003 02:41

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Oooh. This is a tough choice. I cast my vote for Samurai, because of the wonderful happy happy GilToss ability (that, Bahamut, and the Mime ability were the keys to my victory over ExDeath), not to mention the ability whose name I completely forget that slashes the crap out of every enemy you're facing. Sure it doesn't always work, but when it does, I feel so vindicated. Especially against those Stone Statues in the basement of the castle where you find Odin. It's been a while since I've played V, can you tell? happy.gif

However, I will admit to an immense fondness for some of the quirkier classes. My favorites are Mediator, Dancer, and Hunter, in that order. Mediator may have had some of the dumber costumes, but I've always loved being able to control my enemies' actions, and once I get Capture, then the fun REALLY begins. shifty.gif Dancer, on the other hand, has some of the best costumes (I especially love Butz's and Faris's), and of course, two words...Sword Dance. Drool. Hunter is just weird and fun; I never use my Hunter for anything other than calling up critters. Nightingale has saved my bacon on several occasions, and so have the bees. Plus I like shrieking "BEES!" a la Invader Zim whenever the bees show up. biggrin.gif
Post #17066
Posted: 3rd September 2003 05:15

Returner

monk is my favorite, you can hit twice as hard , and if you've gained a few job skills its really
usefull to be a monk. man they are tough!!

This post has been edited by king of highland knights on 3rd September 2003 05:16
Post #17154
Posted: 3rd September 2003 06:03
Group Icon
SOLDIER

Quote (Syndarr @ 1st September 2003 21:41)
Hunter is just weird and fun; I never use my Hunter for anything other than calling up critters.

i actually voted other for hunter in this poll -- you should try out !Sshot sometime, it's a very powerful skill.
Post #17161
Posted: 30th September 2003 19:34

Onion Knight

Awards:
White Mages all the way!

--------------------
''Peace is but a shadow of death,
desperate to forget it's painful past,
though we hope for promising years,
after shedding a thousand tears
yesterday's sorrow constantly nears,
and while the moon shines blue,
by dawn it will turn a scarelt hue.'' - Kuja

''Then I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over.' - Aeris
Post #18665
Posted: 5th October 2003 18:57

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Samurai and Mystic Knight is good as well! Hmmmm.....but !$toss was REALLY help ful but... so was !Mgc. Swd. AW HELL! I kept Faris as a Mystic knight who knew
!X-Magic (kick-ass spell which enables you to use 2 spells in one turn) and Bartz as a Samurai who ALSO knew !X-Magic so i'll just shut up and get to the point....
SAMURAIS ROCK!!!

--------------------
I am born from the shadows,
I am skilled in the ways of the dark,
I am the Dark Knight.
Post #18949
Posted: 19th October 2003 18:11

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN European Cup, 2008. Winner of the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Samurai!

I loved using the 2-handed ability (esp. on my Knight) and Gil Toss helped a LOT against Ex-Death.

--------------------
SPEKKIO: "GRRR...That was most embarrassing!"
Post #19438
Posted: 4th November 2003 13:53

Lunarian

Awards:
Mine would have to be no class at all. A character who has enough levels in other classes becomes quite flexible when you can choose virtually anything you want on them.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #20226
Posted: 14th November 2003 13:10

Black Mage

Awards:
ninjas=death upon the enemy shifty.gif

actually, i may be mistaken. monks are superior and so are knights.
wow
knights good in a game! how about that!

Moderator Edit
Do not double post. Edit the first post to include the second post. I have done that for you.

This post has been edited by Neal on 16th November 2003 17:11

--------------------
once you can accept yourself, you will never be alone
Post #20990
Posted: 20th November 2003 22:47

Onion Knight

Awards:
Mystic Knight for me, They are so cool looking, and their spells rule

--------------------
You've Been Deleted
Post #22040
Posted: 21st November 2003 00:15

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Mime. They let me do something like this (this is what I plan to have at the end, I haven't gotten far enough to get the mime job yet):

Butz: Mime, Mug(Capture), Dimen, Item
Lenna: Mime, White, Aim or X-Fight, Terrain
Cara: Mime, Summon, Throw, Blue
Faris: Mime, Black, Revive, Item

question: What EXACTLY does the chemist's "Revive" skill do?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #22055
Posted: 23rd November 2003 02:21

Black Mage

Awards:
i dont quite remember what that spell/ability does Glenn.

i was replaying the game and i realized that i like the different classes best for different people.

1.Bartz-Blue Mage, although Knight is cool
2.Faris-Sorcerer is cool i guess. not to many classes look neat on her.
3.Galuf-Monk
4.Krile-Mime
5.Reina-Ninja, but later i like Samurai

--------------------
Post #22275
Posted: 23rd November 2003 04:24

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Chemist's Revive, according to our FF5 section, allows a chemist to revive a fallen party member. I imagine it's like using a Phoenix Down on someone, though there might be other benefits, such as more HP upon revival.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #22284
Posted: 23rd November 2003 04:59

Black Mage

Awards:
yeah, thats what i thought. but he asked what it does, so i figured he tried that and it didnt work. i cant believe that i have a mastered chemist and uhm...i didnt know that.

--------------------
Post #22288
Posted: 23rd November 2003 07:14

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I only have TimeMage, Geomancer, Knight, and Monk mastered so far. And that's on three different characters. I have a long way to go on this game. I just made Lenna (I think that's Reina's original name) a chemist and I read about the chemist's attributes on rpgclassics.com.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #22306
Posted: 26th November 2003 04:58

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Blue Mage, which every single Spell learnt, and the !SwrdGrb Ability, makes for a damn fine character.. Level 99 aswell never hurts.. hehe. I also like both the Monk (for its high critical rate & counter & double attack) and Samurai (high attack/defense/evade + $Toss never hurts biggrin.gif)... yeah, heh.
Post #22573
Posted: 20th December 2003 22:02

Returner

Awards:
Archers, they look cool. i like Mystic Knights too, Berserkers are really strong but it´s a pity that it´s always beserk...

--------------------
Give me the lemon and i give the lemonade
Post #24756
Posted: 29th December 2003 05:48

Returner

*ahem* Mimic, no doubt. Being able to master them and then use them to allow bare to equip in three slots is the most useful feature. Among a whole lot of power-based abilities, it sticks out as improving your characters in a way the other classes can't. Simp.

--------------------
rar I am the chocobo warrior.
Post #25175
Posted: 12th January 2004 02:00

Returner

Samurai, hands down.
Post #26141
Posted: 12th January 2004 04:23

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
in the Non-Bare job classes, it's Knight for me, 2 Hands is a great skill when paired with the powerful swords later in the game. I find it a very viable alternative to 2-sword skill of the Ninja.

But, once you've mastered several jobs, Bare becomes VERY good.

--------------------
Blood & Fire
Post #26161
Posted: 12th January 2004 21:54

Returner

Black Mage.
Always had a thing for evil, magic, and chaos (in videogames, not the real world).
Post #26208
Posted: 19th January 2004 05:26

Returner

Awards:
I like the Blue Mage the best, they're the most like me!

--------------------
PR man for Rod CO. 'Revolutionizing Magic The Way We Want To!'

The Cockatrice is a wonderful animal, after weeks of studying, I have finaly mastered its art of petrification, not without the help of a few softs mind you, but all the same...
Drat, *dink, dink* there goes another one.
Post #26795
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: