CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Chest inside Sealed Gate cave

Posted: 31st December 2015 05:26

Returner

While in the Sealed Gate cave, I was checking out secret passages by disabling a sprite layer (or back ground layer?), and saw this chest.

user posted image

Anyone know what's inside? Did the programmers forgot to put a "chest event" there? It's located in the room just right before the Sealed Gate itself.

This post has been edited by finalreality on 31st December 2015 05:28
Post #210192
Posted: 31st December 2015 07:46

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
My my. Another item the developers forgot when they first made the game... of course I didn't notice such a chest being there at all. I wonder what's inside if given no-clip mode, but it seems that as you imply, its probably even a chest that doesn't open.

I'm willing to bet that this chest would hold an Ultima Weapon out in the open since this weapon can only be gotten once in-game (it can be gotten again in the final boss but its not a favorable option either if you're on the SNES version which you are), as Ultima Weapon is essentially an easily miss able item and the Sealed Cave being one pesky place that will only stay temporarily. Other than that, I don't know of any other ideas.

Final Fantasy VI is a game that is developed hastily and what kept it from not breaking altogether is all the duct tape keeping it in shape. I'd expect a chest like this to be pretty normal in FFVI. There's also that other item on the Phantom Train, inaccessible...

--------------------
I am Exdeath. Step aside pesky clowns, or your warranty is Void!
Post #210193
Posted: 31st December 2015 10:12

Returner

I remember than one in the phantom train, from the guide. I also tried a walk through walls game genie cheat, I tried opening from the front side, it just teleports me to first room of the dungeon.

user posted image

edit: So I've advanced more on the story, I think the treasure chest is just a place holder for a door/opening sprite, to block the tile that leads you back to the first room.

user posted image

This post has been edited by finalreality on 31st December 2015 11:14
Post #210195
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: