CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFX/X-2 HD (PS3)

Posted: 29th June 2016 21:46

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I just got this. I dunno about the PS4 version but OH MY GOD.

The PS3 version has absolutely INEXCUSABLE load times. I go to play it and half the time I find myself saying:

"Those load times tho...".

And play something else instead.

Anyone else have a beef with the load times on this?

P.S. I downloaded a digital copy and it's installed on my system, so the load times should be much better than on a disk. I can't speak for the disk, but my god I can't even imagine what the load times are like on it.

--------------------
Post #210999
Posted: 14th July 2016 15:03

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I have the disk copy of that. Don't remember load times as an issue but it's been a year since I played. But that's just me. TBH when I think of bad load times I think of Spyro Enter the Dragonfly.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #211048
Posted: 28th July 2016 01:52

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 14th July 2016 10:03)
I have the disk copy of that. Don't remember load times as an issue but it's been a year since I played. But that's just me. TBH when I think of bad load times I think of Spyro Enter the Dragonfly.

Hmm. I dunno then. The load times aren't TERRIBLY long, but way too long for a PS3 game, even if it's an HD port of a PS2 game. I'll put it like this, when the load times of a game prevent me from actually playing or enjoying it, then it's a problem.

Worst ever load times are Blood Omen: The Legacy of Kain for the PS1/Saturn/PC. My god... it's torture.

The Spyro games all had putrid load times, but Spyro 1 is one of the best platform games ever made, so it gets a pass.

--------------------
Post #211104
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: