Melodies of Life (FF9) [ 5 ]  [29.41%]
Suteki da ne (FF10) [ 5 ]  [29.41%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 9th August 2002 03:54

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Your vote can be for whatever reason you like, whether it's because the song fits the moment so well or because the song is just plain nice.  For me, I will always like Eyes on Me the best.  I think the singer has the best voice and the song can kind of apply to other things besides the game...I don't really know what they're saying in Suteki da ne, and I guess Melodies of Life could apply, but Eyes on Me just works so well.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #844
Posted: 9th August 2002 04:43

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'm not sure what Melodies of Life is, but I know Eyes on Me was great.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #851
Posted: 9th August 2002 07:05
Engineer

Awards:
I thought the pop songs were pure cheez myself

--------------------
"Number One, I order you to go take a number two."
Post #857
Posted: 9th August 2002 13:25

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2003. 
If I could vote for the Hymn of the Fayth from FFX, I would vote for that.  I love that song.  If I have to chose from those 3, I take Eyes On Me - very well done.  It fits the mood, and it takes the personality of the characters much more than the other ones.

--------------------
"Hit hard, hit first, hit often."

--Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, USN
Post #863
Posted: 9th August 2002 13:34

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
A gramattical pain in the backside like me could never choose a song containing the lines "whenever sang your songs" and "if frown is shown".  And I haven't played FF10.  Easy choice.
Post #866
Posted: 9th August 2002 19:38

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Melodies of Life was the song Garnet would sing. And until I just downloaded it, I didn't even remember that there was a singing song in FF10. I went with FF8's.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #872
Posted: 9th August 2002 21:02

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Honestly, I overlooked Eyes on Me until I read this topic.  I promptly downloaded it, but my opinion stays the same.  FFX's Suteki Da Ne is awesome I think.  It's all Japanese so that may be why it's not as popular.  I think where it was placed in the game is good, and the song in general is great.  Eyes on Me is good, but not superior.  Melodies of Life is okay, but I think it's lacking.  I guess in order I would say

Suteki Da Ne
Eyes on Me
Melodies of Life

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #874
Posted: 9th August 2002 21:10

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I didn't like any of the "lyrical" songs, because they don't interest me. However, Otherworld is a different story. So I didn't vote, and I don't plan to.
Post #875
Posted: 17th August 2002 05:45

Engineer

Awards:
Ummm.  It's a toss-up between 'Melodies of Life' and 'Eyes on Me' for me.  'Melodies' was great because it sounded pretty in English but had a whole different sound in Japanese (the original version also had slightly different messages).  The song could be a lullaby or a sweeping orchestral piece, and it can be sung to anyone.  'Eyes on Me' fit FF8 perfectly, and I love Faye Wong.

'Suteki da ne' is nice as a pop song and I quite like it, but it doesn't sound like a Final Fantasy song at all.  It could be thrown into any game with much the same response: what a pretty song.  So I like the song but not paired with Final Fantasy.

--------------------
"Turd-cookies!...they're hot and soft, though..."

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead, Are heaped for the beloved's bed; And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone, Love itself shall slumber on.  - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Post #1199
Posted: 8th September 2002 20:11

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Quote (Hsiu @ 17 Aug. 2002, 00:45)
'Suteki da ne' is nice as a pop song and I quite like it, but it doesn't sound like a Final Fantasy song at all.  It could be thrown into any game with much the same response: what a pretty song.  So I like the song but not paired with Final Fantasy.

I think that Suteki Da Ne is well made for Final Fantasy.  If anything, Eyes On Me doesn't sound like a Final Fantasy song.  However I've been listening to that piece more and more and I'm beginning to like a lot.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #2186
Posted: 14th September 2002 08:55

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
You go, FraudulentTommah!!  Otherworld rocks!

Out of those three, I would have to choose Melodies of Life.  And no One Winged Angel?
Post #2365
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: