CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 30th April 2018 08:43

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Recently finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (i.e. the first game). Started on the second game, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC. (It's a direct sequel, forming the second part of the story.)

Very recently (as in earlier tonight), started playing Hyper Metroid, a Super Metroid hack.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #214832
Posted: 30th April 2018 14:01

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Just finished up FF9 - debating whether to play FF8, FF10, or FF12... or just jump ahead to FF15 which I have purchased but not yet played..

Probably just skipping ahead to 15 but we will see!
Post #214836
Posted: 2nd May 2018 21:05

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Horizon Zero Dawn is an awesome game that I highly recommend.

I played through it once, and now i'm doing a new game +.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #214838
Posted: 3rd May 2018 13:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I'm sick to death of the career mode in FIFA 18, which appears to have a transfer system that is completely broken unless you start your player in a top league (or at least not MLS). I've raised my player's value twentyfold in two seasons, won three preseason tournaments, two league titles, and one cup tournament, AND a World Cup, and the team refuses to let my player be sold, only loaned.

So, rant aside, I moved into the FIFA 18 version of the RPG mode, that they call The Journey. Scroll back a page or two and you'll see my thoughts on it from 17 - so far they seem to have done a good job of introducing some improvements and variety to the system and the user experience - the pre-title sequence that takes place in a Brazilian Favela is really cute and fun. Cristiano Ronaldo is NOT a good voice actor, though. Yikes.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214843
Posted: 3rd May 2018 18:30
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Finished Dark Souls 3. Well...okay, let's be honest, ya never finish a Dark Souls game, but I beat the Soul of Cinder and plunged the world into an era of Darkness cause I don't wanna anyone peepin on what me 'n the Firekeeper are gonna be up to now that we both got some free time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was going to play Tacoma, but them some random bug to watch peeps playing Alien Isolation on twitch bit me and watching them screw it up prompted me to reinstall that four year old game. First off, looks damned good for how old it is - crappy monitor resolutions not withstanding - and second, nightmare mode is a stingy mofo. You aint gonna find nothing to loot most the time!

Also playing Far Cry 2 for no discernible reason.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 3rd May 2018 18:31

--------------------
Post #214844
Posted: 20th May 2018 05:45

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Hmm, not a ton of things I'm playing lately. Went through Far Cry 5 (as a Montanan, how could I not?) and was reasonably impressed, though it was a step down from FC4 in several ways. Its post-game is pretty weak, so here's hoping they add NG+ in sometime.

Also got The Last Guardian, Watch Dogs and the Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood on PS4, but haven't gone too far into 'em -- kinda want to finish Deponia Doomsday first. Doing Overwatch events when they roll 'round tends to throw a lot of schedules off for me, too, heh.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #214880
Posted: 21st May 2018 23:05

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Played some Mega Man 7 today. Just getting my game itch back.

Phantasy Star II as well, a hack by vivify93 called "Phantasy Star II Improvement," which only makes minimal changes to script and gameplay mechanics while leaving the heart of the experience intact. I put on a cheat to give me a grant, since the weapon prices vs. the meseta gained per battle are just kind of frustratingly out of balance in my old-man-impatient-with-the-rules-working-so-strictly-as-they-do grumpyness.

I just wanna do the aventure, I don't wanna think about work, ya know?

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214884
Posted: 27th May 2018 06:20

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Recently beat Zelda: Breath of the Wild and thought it was excellent. Currently about 4 or 5 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it's... interesting, but a bit of a slow starter. I'm not quite as impressed as I was with XBC1.

--------------------
Post #214894
Posted: 3rd June 2018 16:32

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I finished yesterday Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I'd heard a lot of complaints that it was short and ended abruptly, but I thought the length might have been lacking only a little in terms of the main plot, and it was made up for by some good exploration opportunities and sidequests. The ending didn't bother me so much other than the fact that it primarily set up a sequel that appears to not be coming at the moment. I thought it was a great extension of the universe, all told.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #214902
Posted: 4th June 2018 09:59

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Is it just me, or has the subject matter of games become very serious and dire? I mean this probably doesn't belong in this thread, I dunno.

Everything's so gritty, and it has a streak of iconoclastic thinking (tearing down of iconic things) in it.

I mean, I like punk rock rebellion when I hear it on records, but I don't actually want there to be a punk rock rebellion, that'd be horrible, it'd be like Kent State x11,092,308,942,308. I'm concerned for the spirit youthful people are getting out of these games. sad.gif I guess I'm just kind of an old fuddy duddy.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214904
Posted: 5th June 2018 02:08

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (Spooniest @ 4th June 2018 03:59)
Is it just me, or has the subject matter of games become very serious and dire? I mean this probably doesn't belong in this thread, I dunno.

Everything's so gritty, and it has a streak of iconoclastic thinking (tearing down of iconic things) in it.

I mean, I like punk rock rebellion when I hear it on records, but I don't actually want there to be a punk rock rebellion, that'd be horrible, it'd be like Kent State x11,092,308,942,308. I'm concerned for the spirit youthful people are getting out of these games.  sad.gif I guess I'm just kind of an old fuddy duddy.

I really think it depends on what you're playing.

I mostly play mobile games,and I wouldn't say any of them are gritty. FF Record Keeper doesn't have much of a plot of its own; rather, you replay instances from past Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is your standard "the crystals are in danger!" game. There's a lot of humor and lighthearted moments, and sure okay there's a bunch of stuff about war, especially in season 2 , but even so I've never felt the game is gritty.

Dissidia Opera Omnia is about closing torsions threatening to swallow the world. That sounds kind of dark, but the game is mostly about the interaction of all the various characters, which is really fun.

Mobius Final Fantasy is probably the darkest of the mobile games I'm playing. The rule of the land is "those who do not fight are destined to be forgotten", and the world is inhabited by people who forgotten everything except their own names. But the playable character is a delight because he's full of snark, which really lightens things up.

What games have you been playing that are "serious and dire"?

----------

As for the subject of this thread in general, I've gotten control of the airship in FFX. Now I'm busy capturing fiends, and getting really bored of it. Thinking of switching gears and starting to gather materials to customize equipment. I'm open to suggestions on how to build my tetra armors. I know I want auto-haste, for Rikku at the very least because with Godhand she becomes a beast once she's leveled up on the sphere grid, but I don't know what else to put on the armor. Auto-phoenix, maybe?

This post has been edited by AltheaValara on 5th June 2018 02:09

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #214905
Posted: 6th June 2018 17:10

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Fallout 76 hype got me in the mood to do another Fallout: New Vegas playthrough!

Pretty excited for the new one to come out - Fallout 4 was still recent enough that I didn't quite feel like replaying that yet - although with the different endings and choices I'm sure I would enjoy a 2nd play through on that as well!
Post #214914
Posted: 10th June 2018 18:53

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I've spent the past month playing Super Metroid or hacks of it.

First, it was Hyper Metroid, because a friend was playing that.

Then, I started looking at other SMet romhacks.

Then I started watching SMet videos. I remembered there was this one crazy idea called Super Metroid Rotation, which turns the entire game world 90 degrees to the right (and makes other minor adjustments to make the game completable). One video showed a player not getting a really obvious item, so I was like, I should go get that.

...well, then I played Super Metroid Rotation. Even streamed it for some friends. lol. I proceeded to forget how to wall jump and re-learn how to wall-jump, then forget how to bomb-jump and re-learn how to bomb-jump. (You need a good grasp of movement techniques to get through that game, needless to say.) I 99%'d the game, because there's one item that's just a giant pain to get.

Then I picked up another hack called Super Metroid Arcade. What this does is it gives randomly-generated rooms every time you get a door transition, and you see how many rooms/how much score/how long you can stay alive.

And I even finally 100%'d Super Metroid itself, for the first time. Did it in 2:09 in-game time.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 10th June 2018 18:54

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #214917
Posted: 10th June 2018 19:50

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (AltheaValara @ 4th June 2018 21:08)
What games have you been playing that are "serious and dire"?

It's just the general trend (where I'm frum) of First Person Shooters and Alien Genocide and Beating Criminals To A Pulp With Your Bare Fists and Skyrim being popular.

These games, while excellent softwares, are too gritty and nasty and violent for me, and they make my admittedly hypersensitive nature produce nausea.

Um...my parents were hippies. You're lucky my name is Running Horse and not Moonbeam FyreLight or some crap. biggrin.gif

I'm kind of not in favor of certain activities and attitudes which are going on in the world around me and it's not fun to watch the news lately, but there is little else for a person too bipolar to really be around people long enough to hold down a job to do, except play games from a long time ago which were hopeful and fun in tone, and browse the net. One of those things is no longer possible (boy howdy I'm done watching the news), and the other is making me flash back to childhood traumas now...nostalgia has become painfully emotional for me.

I do have a copy of Doom, but I prefer to run it on the lowest detail levels and kind of regard it as a thing I didn't even like back then. A friend of mine into PC gaming was super into it, one of those guys who runs around drawing Anarchy symbols on everything.

Me, I'm about stories and music (which is really a story in itself, honestly). One of the only things I really like about Diablo, for instance, even though it meets all the criteria for a dark, gritty game I just laid out, is the guitar track for Tristram village. I like guitars a lot.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214922
Posted: 2nd July 2018 14:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
As I've probably mentioned in this thread and many others, I tend to only play handheld games when I'm flying, as I don't much care for the small screens any other time. Well, in the last week and a half I spent, literally, close to fifty hours on airplanes and I managed to finally beat Final Fantasy III on my DS Lite. It's definitely a product of its time, even in its 3D incarnation, meaning there was more grinding than I prefer and a bit more guessing as to what I should be doing with my party and where to go after each plot point; however, it was still a pretty enjoyable game to play on handheld. I only ended up with about 35 hours on the clock when I finished.

Edit
Also, some of the planes I flew on for the international flights had seatback gaming, so my wife and I rolled back the clock ten years and competed for high scores against each other in Peggle. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 2nd July 2018 14:56

--------------------

Post #215041
Posted: 4th July 2018 06:04
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
God help me, but I started on New Vegas again. I don't even do anything in the game really. I've been walking to and fro staunchly refusing to enter Vegas and continue the main quest line, randomly popping in on whatever locals I find and interfering in their lives for no goddamned reason.

Oh and I finished up the Bloodborne DLC and have gotten quite a hankering for the co-op that game offers.

--------------------
Post #215046
Posted: 4th July 2018 14:37

Black Waltz

Awards:
Why do I get the strangest feeling that I want to try playing Rising Zan: Samurai Gunman?

... Sexy points are a thing, I guess. Wow. Gosh everyone is always thinking about sex in this business! Do you guys like, ever read some book or something?

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #215047
Posted: 4th July 2018 21:29

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Recently played, and beat the main game and a couple sidequests (but not NG+ or Survival mode(s?)) in Cally's Caves 3.

It's an action platformer. Where you get at least 15 different weapons (plus a sword on top of that) and they can all be upgraded.

Recently also picked up Melody's Escape. I'm hoping it'll be better than Audiosurf, Turba, and Beat Hazard at its procedurally-generated beat maps.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 4th July 2018 21:32

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215048
Posted: 6th July 2018 16:12

Returner

I've been getting back into Mario hacks recently, and I just completed a hack called Mario is Missing! Done Right (which has nothing to do with the edutainment game other than the basic premise and a couple references). Good hack, although I'm missing one exit and I'm not sure where it is.
Post #215052
Posted: 9th July 2018 23:01

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Played a few more matches of 100% Orange Juice today. Had really good luck the first three matches; won all three. Then I switched to Saki. Had a disappointing fourth match where I finished last, and couldn't even get to norma level 3. Fifth match was better, and I enjoyed it even though I didn't win.

I waited to place my Big Bang Bell on a draw panel next to an exit teleporter, and that placement paid off. Was a relatively late placement on my part (I passed up multiple opportunities earlier to place it because I wasn't in the center square of panels), but the game did continue for a while after that, which allowed it to stew long enough. I was expecting someone else to step on it, but eventually I did...and took Yuki down with me. Yuki had earlier beaten me up and taken my stars, so that was beautiful revenge. Poppo was closer to a home panel, though, and won the match before I could. (Yuki and Flying Castle weren't in contention at that point. Flying Castle was at one point, and so was Yuki.)

I also got all the items from the event that started about a month ago. Got the last of the random drop multiplayer items today. The School Crashers event ends tomorrow or the day after or so.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215057
Posted: 17th July 2018 08:22

Black Mage

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Beat Metroid Prime on Hard. The boss, not the whole game though it does count for unlocking the image gallery.

This was done on a relative's old file from the last save point of the game. It lay dormant for years and back then I thought it was way past my skill level. After playing through the game again on a whim and then picking up Echoes and making progress on Hard, decided to try it for kicks. Only took two tries which is a good thing as each attempt takes a while and just getting to the boss fight involves a climb where it's quite easy to get knocked off by respawning Fission Metroids.

As for Echoes, I had beaten the game long ago but never played on Hard before. Only started up the file to see how far I could make it because the Gamecube was already plugged in and I'm too cheap to spend money on new games. (I'd spent a lot on a custom cosplay, more about that story in that topic) Racked up around 4-5 losses to the Alpha Splinter before winning that early gauntlet. Early game is suitably scary but I didn't have any other defeats until the Boost Guardian. Did have dangerously low energy several times along the way and I had a scare after missing a jump in dark Aether.
I died around 8-10 times to Boost Gaurdian, but I still don't find it as impossible as most of the internet makes it out to be. Felt like victory was within reach after the first try or two, just needed to get a run without lots of collision damage. Alpha Blogg was scarier to me despite losing to it fewer times. I'm not that good at evading its charge and even though I won on the second try, it was at 3 energy and would have been a loss if my Super Missile didn't do enough to finish it off. Definitely felt good about these victories since I anticipated getting walled by one or the other.
Post #215076
Posted: 17th July 2018 19:03

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Played a bunch of 100% Orange Juice matches yesterday. Won 3 of 9 matches (which is better than par, which is 25%).

FWIW I've been keeping records of my matches on this thread on a small forum I've been at for years now. Yesterday's results, as detailed on the pagebottomer, involve me losing horribly as my favorite character as well as unexpectedly winning as a character no one likes playing.

The pagetopper on the next page, meanwhile, is part of my series of prattling on and on about introducing the characters and their basic playstyles. It starts roughly halfway down the first page. Pardon me for being wordy.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215078
Posted: 3rd August 2018 03:45

Black Mage

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Well, I beat Metroid Prime 2 on Hard. Was prepared to get stuck on most of the bosses but only lost once at Chykka before the endboss. Many of the fights were close calls. I made an enormous tactical blunder at Quadraxis trying to Darkburst the head module in phase two. Thought I would die but won with all my E-tanks empty. Unintentionally found that if one part of a Dark Quad is still around when the head would normally summon another, it blocks the summon. Blew up the legs and then boosted to the other side of the arena. Quadraxis' head module moves faster than a Quad's so I could separate them and deal with the boss unhassled.

May have found a more reliable way to dodge Chykka Adult's dark water spray. It appears to be directly aimed so jumping before grappling to another platform and jumping some more seems to evade the spray more often than not. Still was low on energy on the next phase but a Darkburst into a pack of Chykklings solved the energy and replenished my empty Light ammo. Was enough momentum to carry on to a win.

Emperor Ing is a pain. I did a practice run on an endgame Normal file to relearn patterns before trying to topple it on Hard. I'm not that great at form 3 but on my winning run had near full energy after form 2, so just outlasted it. Did lose once. Kept running out of time at the end fight so glad for the checkpoint. After around 5-6 losses, won with less than 20 seconds on the timer. That was a close one.
Post #215089
Posted: 3rd August 2018 20:12

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
100% Orange Juice came out with an update which includes a summer event that adds a whole new game mode, co-op, where four players work together to level up and fight off what's basically a raid boss.

Though there are still some wrinkles in this mode, it's quite a ton of fun, and I've been playing the game too much lately, again.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215093
Posted: 3rd August 2018 23:44

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
star Ocean: Anamnesis dropped in the U.S. recently, and I jumped on it on its second day. I thought it would be another game that I merely log in for the daily rewards, but to my surprise I've been playing it pretty heavily this week.

It's a typical gacha game, with characters and weapons to summon. This is my first introduction to the Star Ocean franchise, and I'm enjoying the story this far. What's different in this game from other gacha games I play is that there's multiplayer. So far I haven't used multiplayer often, because of connection troubles in my phone, but I was able to beat a hard boss by hosting a multiplayer lobby!

I'm enjoying the game enough that I have an urge to edit a wiki for it, and wish I knew how to data mine as that would make the job easier.

Here's my info in case anybody else out there is playing it and wants to follow me:

Played name: AltheaV
ID: DRUHJ9CKMN

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #215094
Posted: 12th August 2018 18:27

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Finished Divinity: Original Sin 2 not too long ago. Still not sure how I feel about a few of the changes made to combat from the first game, and the last chapter was definitely kind of a mess, but overall, the game was a blast. And the definitive version should be even better (in particular, I believe that last chapter is supposed to be more or less overhauled), so hopefully I'll play that in not too long.

Right now, though, I'm playing through the campaigns of Heroes of Might and Magic 5. I had heard that it was fairly similar to HoMM3, one of my all-time faves. It doesn't quite measure up to 3, but so far, 5 hasn't disappointed, and it certainly seems like the developer was harking back to 3 in a lot of areas.

--------------------
Post #215131
Posted: 14th August 2018 23:54

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Gran Turismo Sport biggrin.gif
Post #215140
Posted: 15th August 2018 16:30
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I was playing Horizon Zed for a days, but then got distracted by New Vegas...again.

In my continuing quest to be the most petty person in the most pointless manner possible, I still have avoided actually entering the titular New Vegas and instead wandered the DLCs. I started with Honest Hearts, for which there is little to say about it beyond its bizarre racism, then Dead Money, which is just...the worst. It's the worst thing...ever. And now I'm knee deep in Old World Blues.

user posted image

This DLC's an absolute blast to play, and not just because I'm so overleveled there's little rpg bs to get in the way of the fun! I'm typically not a big fan of the 'tomorrowland' shtick seeing as how its rarely done well in media that's not called The Venture Bros, but the writing in this one is pretty up to snuff. It helps that the VAs are all hammy vets like Cam Clarke...and actual Dr. Venture VA James Urbaniak!

As for the game play, it's a nice whomping big open space, which is a breath of the freshest air after suffering through the tight corridors and all-indoor design of Dead Money. Yeah, the constant respawning enemies are a bit of a hassle, but since THIS DLC lets me bring all my goodies with me from the base game, I can whomp 'em with my sniper scope well before they're a problem! So yeah...good times.

...should prolly get in some more Herzog: Zero Dawn though...

--------------------
Post #215143
Posted: 20th August 2018 00:19

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I beat the latest version of AM2R, on hard, with 100% of items collected, in just over 6 hours. I had previously played AM2R shortly after release, on normal.

I also restarted Terraria on a fresh file.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215146
Posted: 20th August 2018 16:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I recently got the urge to go back into FIFA 18 and finish the RPG mode for this year's edition, likely nudged on by the fact that the European season was about to start. Finally finished it last night, as it was certainly longer than the one in FIFA 17.

They made a lot of updates for this year's version, and it ended up being a way better sub-game. I doubt anyone here is looking to play it, as it's certainly niche, but I'll still avoid spoilers and simply say that the ways they used old characters and introduced some new ones really unlocked some fun new ways of doing the narrative and freshened up the gameplay of it a lot. The real-life players that play parts in it still can't act, though, and the way they worked to introduce the narrative elements in a single calendar season felt a little unrealistic and forced. Still a great enhancement over the already-good mode from last year's game.

--------------------

Post #215147
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: