CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
ARGH!

Posted: 19th April 2003 03:33
Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Okay, so I finished all of FF7 up to Safer-Sephiroth.  But I forgot to sit a save point outside the area, and couldn't go back... meaning I die, then I have to do the whole crater again.  But that's okay, since the game is pretty easy.  So I beat up everyone, and nearly killed Safer... and so he summons Supernova.  No big deal, my chars are injured, but okay.  Except that Red XIII is confused, and "Slash-Alls" my team to death.   >_<  >_<

Can someone summarize the ending, in a spoiler, for me?  I have no intention on finishing the game after that.
Thanks!

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #11257
Posted: 19th April 2003 03:47
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
its been like 4 years since Ive played that game..
(cant play cause my 1st disk is scratched and im to lazy to get
it cleaned or replaced)
but from what I can remember is..
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
they kill him, they fly out with the airship, then you fight a battle with seph again, by yourself, then Midgar gets destroyed (or somethin like that) then forgot what happens next and then they show red XIII a 100 years later running with cubs to Midgar and its all green with plants.

maybe someone else should tell him.  :blah:

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #11259
Posted: 19th April 2003 06:48

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
They beat Safer-Sephiroth, then everyone leaves except Cloud & Tifa. Cloud gets sucked into a last, final, auto-win battle. He comes out to see everyone waiting a cliff away. The lifestream starts to erupt, and the Highwind falls down. They hop in, and the crater erupts like a geyser, taking the Highwind with it. Cid pulls an emergency lever, and it takes off. Over at Midgar, the Meteor comes down on it, destroying most of the city. (You see Marlene watching everything from a window in the slums) Holy sweeps in, succeeding only in slowing it down. Lifestream erupts out of geysers all over the planet and snakes its way to help the holy. Credits roll, playing music from FF4. 500 years later, Red XIII runs accross a cliff with two cubs (full mane and everything, looks just like Seto minus the gray). They stop at the edge and see Midgar completely overgrown with vegetation. Then you see stars flying by (pont of view of flying through space), playing more music from FF4. The stars pretty much don't end.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11260
Posted: 19th April 2003 09:24

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Small correction to DP:
I used to think Marlene was in the slums as well, but she's actually in Kalm.  The buildings look like Kalm, and it explains why she's not brutally savaged by the weird stuff.  Presumably Reeve returned her here some point after kidnapping her on Disc 1; this is where they she was with Elmyra before that point, anyway.
Post #11261
Posted: 19th April 2003 10:06

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Tis a problem easily solved take Slash All away from Red XIII. Or Knights of the Round. 3 Knights of the Round with mime materia. Then Sephiroth will be down to only 1/4 of his health which is 37500. Also don't be afraid to use Megalixers
Post #11262
Posted: 19th April 2003 14:54
Engineer

Awards:
The Slash-All was just part of the problem, it was a freak occurance that Red got confused by the Supernova and killed my whole party.  I didn't have time to megalixer my party before I got aced.  Oh, and I didn't bother wasting my time getting a gold chocobo so I could get KotR, after all the game is fairly easy to beat without it and I couldn't care less about the Emerald and Ruby Weapons.  Like I said, getting beat was more of a freak occurance, and I just plum forgot to save.
And I don't plan on trekking through the crater again.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

--------------------
So low for how high?
Post #11264
Posted: 19th April 2003 15:46

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Responding to Tiddles:
You are probably right, but I assumed she was in the slums because it looked like Aeris' house, and Cait Sith said he had everyone evacuate to the slums, because presumably there, there wouldn't be a direct impact if Holy took too long. Another reason would be Barret's concern for the city.

I have an edit to my post, as well:
After the Lifestream snakes its way to help Holy, the screen goes black, and Aeris pops up for a second with a few dots of Lifestream behind her. Also, Marle says something about the flower girl at the beginning of the assisstance, so I took that as Aeris had become a prominent spirit in the Lifestream and took over and guided it that way.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11265
Posted: 19th April 2003 16:07

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Edwin, the very exact same thing happened to me.  He used Supernova, which put everyone to Critical, and it confused Red 13, and the next thing I knew, he had used slash-all on all my people.  A friend had a similar experience with Vincent, except he had Slash, or whatever the ability's name is, which was instant death on all three.  Ouch.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #11266
Posted: 19th April 2003 17:38
Engineer

Awards:
Yeah, Neal, you mean "Flash"?  Crazy, It's freaky how it happened exactly the same way... woah.
Really, it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't forgotten about the save crystal, by the time I thought of it I was already in the inner planet where you can't escape and can't save anymore.  I gained about 10 levels for each of my team while fighting around the crater, I wasted Jenova-Synthesis and Bizarro with almost no damage taken (Bahamut ZERO cleans up, who needs KotR?) And I almost beat Sephy, waiting through TWO ultra-long Supernovas (I actually survived the first one), and then I get killed by my own teammate.  
Hence the title of the post, "ARGH!"
I'm not really into the game anyway, I just wanted to beat it to put it to rest.  Oh well, maybe I'll come back to it later, I'm playing BG2 again, and I just picked up Fallout and Fallout 2 for 20$!  So happy days are here again.

--------------------
So low for how high?
Post #11269
Posted: 20th April 2003 03:03

Cetra

Awards:
I almost had the same problem: I had Cloud, Vincent, and Cid the first time I played, and Cloud and Cid had my only two Ribbons. Cid's move incited Supernova, putting Vincent, who had gone a second before, under confusion. I definitely would have died if Cid didn't get his limit and I put in Highwind right before Vincent's ATB filled. Woo, that was close! :E
What were your levels entering the crater? It was extremely easy and quick for me to get through, taking about an hour, including the final movie and credits.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11277
Posted: 20th April 2003 03:24
Engineer

Awards:
Entering the Crater, Cloud was about level 60, the rest of the crew low 50s.  No one except Cloud had level three limit breaks (surprising only because my game usually bugs and doesn't let me get Cloud's level threes... I have issues with the amount of time I'm supposed to take building limit breaks, materia, chocobos, etc. up in this game when I whup 90% of it without any of that).

--------------------
So low for how high?
Post #11280
Posted: 20th April 2003 06:23

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Your games sure seem to bug out a lot...it wouldn't even let you play past the second battle in FFT.  I think that's more of an issue with your playstation/ps2 than it is with the games.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #11289
Posted: 20th April 2003 11:17

Cetra

Awards:
Entering the Crater, Cloud was about level 60, the rest of the crew low 50s

No wonder I went through so quickly! My Cloud and Cid were mid-80s and Vincent was upper-70s. Didn't use anyone else who were all in the mid-60s. The reason was I am trying to max out the game and I use Those three (Cid & Cloud's Triple Materia Growth weapons and Vincent's 16 slots with Wizard armlet and Outsider) and I was getting bored, so I decided to see what the end looked like. I went through without saving. I'm still trying to max the game. I'm nowhere near done, and the timer is already maxed :(

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11294
Posted: 20th April 2003 12:20

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Note that the final Sephiroth levels up/down depending on your levels, but not so significantly that having higher levels would make it harder.  He has a massive stat gain if you take three lv.99 characters against him, but it's still not difficult - confusion problems notwithstanding... the same thing actually happened to me against the last Hojo, with Cloud casting Ultima.  It was only annoying because I was trying to show someone else the game.
Post #11298
Posted: 20th April 2003 18:37
Engineer

Awards:
It's not my playstation, before I had PS2 I played FF7 on the emulator with the same problem - it's a known bug, sometimes characters just won't learn new limit breaks.  Actually, Cloud killed alot more than 80 enemies before getting the level 3 breaks - it took until the second cd.  But then once I had them by Mount Nibel.   Go figure.

BTW, I did eventually get FFT working, I think the CD was just a lil' dirty.

--------------------
So low for how high?
Post #11311
Posted: 21st April 2003 04:02

Cetra

Awards:
Cloud is supposed to take the longest in learning the "kill enemies to learn" limits. To get 3-1, I think he has to kill in the 190s or something after learning 2-1.

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11331
Posted: 21st April 2003 04:15

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
It's not the same for each level jump for how many enemies you have to kill. It's documented somewhere as to the exacts...I think Tiddles took it off faq.com once.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #11334
Posted: 21st April 2003 04:23

Cetra

Awards:
Limit Breaks Mechanics Guide

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11335
Posted: 21st April 2003 04:44

Awards:
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 21 Apr 2003, 04:02)
Cloud is supposed to take the longest in learning the "kill enemies to learn" limits. To get 3-1, I think he has to kill in the 190s or something after learning 2-1.

I think thats fair because when he's in your party you can't choose to get rid of him.
Post #11341
Posted: 21st April 2003 04:59

Cetra

Awards:
Quote (MorgueN @ 21 Apr 2003, 00:44)
Quote (Dark Paladin @ 21 Apr 2003, 04:02)

I think thats fair because when he's in your party you can't choose to get rid of him.

True, but he still learns his first six before anyone else gets past Level 2 everytime! :E

--------------------
-Brad Meltzer
Post #11345
Posted: 21st April 2003 05:26

Awards:
Well I had Tifa with me most of the Time and she got to Lvl 4 limit break before Cloud.
Post #11347
Posted: 22nd April 2003 02:52

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
Well sure, if you don't get omnislash from Battle Arena it's kinda hard for Cloud to have his level 4 limit break. It's just the order you do things there. Level 3 breaks are the basic debate there.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #11394
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: