CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
CT link with CC

Posted: 3rd December 2003 02:54

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
There are several things that I have found very interesting between these two games. They both have a couple things linked together. But two things have always made me think "What the heck is going on between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross!"

1.) The first thing concerns about the Masamune. In CT, the Masamune is a great sword which great knights such as Glenn and Cyrus fought with. In CC, the Masamune is a sword of darkness which will pull its weilder to the point of insanity. What made the sword evil? When Radius destroyed the sword in CC, I think he said that the sword wasn't evil and he hoped that it would find peace. Did the sword changed because it was made from the same material as the Mammon Mechine? What do you all think about this.

2.) In CT, the entire party talked about an entity that held a whole lot of power. They started discussing about this subject right before Lucca went back in time to save her mother. So what is entity? The closest things that I could think what the entity was is either two bosses in CC. I think the entity is either Fate or the TimeDevourer, all of the six dragons combined together. Who do you think fate is.

In case you haven't played both CT and CC, I wouldn't get involved in this forum. It would get way too confusing for you. This forum would mainly be for those who have beatin both games more than once. I always liked to go into games with great detail. They sometimes hide different things and show the results in the sequels. I hope you enjoy and have some input on this happy.gif .

--------------------
I will be the mustard of your doom!
Post #23080
Posted: 3rd December 2003 03:23

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Ok, well first off let me add in that its been at least a year since i've played this game. Alright, now then. Referring to the masamune, iirc aren't there two masamunes? And as to this "entity" were they talking about Lavos? As i've said its been at least a year. Heh, if there were any ties though, they would probably be between Lavos and Fate. Meh, i'm getting off topic though. Anyways, the setting for CC is 100 years after Crono's time in CT. That help at all?

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #23086
Posted: 3rd December 2003 03:27

Crusader

Awards:
1. The mammon theory makes sense. Maybe the reason it was always good in CT was because Cyrus and Glenn/Frog were of noble hearts. As for Karsh, for example, he has his share of evil in his heart which grew when he used the sword. The masamune simply magnifies the evil in one's heart. It may have changed shape from a lack of a virtuous bearer. Maybe its shape reflects its bearer's personality/weapon preference.

2. The entity has been discussed to death just about everywhere. There are so many theories, it's hard to really pick one. I think your suggestion has been discussed as well, search around the net and you may find some info.

Quote (Zero_Hawk @ 2nd December 2003 23:23)
Ok, well first off let me add in that its been at least a year since i've played this game.  Alright, now then.  Referring to the masamune, iirc aren't there two masamunes?

Anyways, the setting for CC is 100 years after Crono's time in CT. That help at all?

Actually, I think you're confused with the 2 Einlanzer swords. And CC takes place 20 years after CT.

Moderator Edit
You've been a member HOW long? And you don't know not to double post?

This post has been edited by Neal on 3rd December 2003 04:10

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #23088
Posted: 3rd December 2003 03:57

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Coulda sworn it was 100, ah well, as I said it's been at least a year.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #23092
Posted: 3rd December 2003 06:06
Group Icon
SOLDIER

Quote (edge murasame @ 2nd December 2003 21:54)
There are several things that I have found very interesting between these two games. They both have a couple things linked together. But two things have always made me think "What the heck is going on between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross!"

1.) The first thing concerns about the Masamune. In CT, the Masamune is a great sword which great knights such as Glenn and Cyrus fought with. In CC, the Masamune is a sword of darkness which will pull its weilder to the point of insanity. What made the sword evil? When Radius destroyed the sword in CC, I think he said that the sword wasn't evil and he hoped that it would find peace. Did the sword changed because it was made from the same material as the Mammon Mechine? What do you all think about this.

2.) In CT, the entire party talked about an entity that held a whole lot of power. They started discussing about this subject right before Lucca went back in time to save her mother. So what is entity? The closest things that I could think what the entity was is either two bosses in CC. I think the entity is either Fate or the TimeDevourer, all of the six dragons combined together. Who do you think fate is.

In case you haven't played both CT and CC, I wouldn't get involved in this forum. It would get way too confusing for you. This forum would mainly be for those who have beatin both games more than once. I always liked to go into games with great detail. They sometimes hide different things and show the results in the sequels. I hope you enjoy and have some input on this happy.gif .

1) yes -- exactly. since the masamune/granleon was made from the same dreamstone as the red knife which crono used on the mammon machine (and the mammon machine itself), they are either a) the same blade, just one transformed or cool.gif simply forged from the same material and thus having similar properties. the mammon machine, as we already know, channelled lavos' power for good or evil based on the intentions of the user -- in queen zeal's case, evil. the red knife did the same thing -- when crono used it on the machine, it channelled his (and possibly melchior's) good will and wishes to save their friends (crono) or the world (melchior), and thus it was able to disrupt the machine and show lavos' true form. the granleon is the same. remember that in one of the special ffcollections endings, in 1005 ad, someone steals the granleon from guardia castle and uses it to kill hell of a lot of people. this turns the sword evil. when serge was supposed to die but was saved by schala/kid and fate split another off from home to ensure one dimension that serge stayed dead in (1010 ad), the granleon (evil) was now in two worlds. dario and karsh find it and have an incident in both dimensions. in another, dario is killed by karsh, but in home, dario doesnt die and he washes ashore on the island you find him on in-game. later, in home, radius and garai also have an incident with granleon, and granleon goes to the isle of the dead with garai's remains. in another, it eventually ends up guarding the dead sea. anyway, the point is, granleon's power is brought out by the intentions of the user. in fact, the einzlanzer sword is probably made from dreamstone too, as it counters the negative power of the evil granleon. p.s. there are not really two einlanzers, you can just get each dimension's, whereas you cannot get both dimension's granleons, because you put one to rest with einzlanzer to enter the dead sea.

2) believe it or not, the entity in ct was probably just a humourous allusion to the player -- "leading them throughl" -- after all, the entity was never mentioned or even alluded to in ct anywhere besides that part. cc did, however, have an entity (perhaps ct's is the same as cc's, but probably not). the entity is not, in fact, fate -- quite the opposite. the entity, whoever it is, was working against fate at all times. the entity was trying to preserve the natural dream (i.e. dinopolis, & the dying out of humans who hurt the environmment) and was on the side of the six (seven) dragons. fate, originally a supercomputer designed by balthazar and lucca, was corrupted by lavos and was working to ensure the survival of his children (humans) . in short, fate is to chronopolis is to lavos what the dragon god -- the six/seven dragons combined -- is to dinopolis is to the entity (by the way, the time devourer is not the dragon god). thus, since the entity's wishes were simply that of the planet, the entity could have been the planet itself. p.s. there are really seven dragons -- when fate split the dragon god into six lesser dragons after chronopolis won the wa rbytween chronopolis and dinopolis, they created a seventh dragon god free from fate's influence -- and that is harle, who leaves your party to join the six dragons to create teh dragon god, who wants to kill you because you are children of lavos.
Post #23099
Posted: 3rd December 2003 16:11

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Now the only thing I want to know is who was powerful enough to turn the Masamune into an evil sword. The person had to have enough power to defeat Masa and Mune, that is for sure. Masa and Mune always test their future weilder. It could have been Lynx, since I remember seeing him carrying the sword around giving when he set it up for Karshe to take.

For the entity, if it was working against fate I doubt it was working for the dragons. They wanted revenge because the CT party took away their chance to rule when they defeated Lavos. In Lucca's letter in CC, she talked about how she was always scared on what changes in the future was made when she and her friends defeated Lavos. So, I doubt that the six dragons are the entity.

I love going real deep in the story plots of games.

But here is another thing I never really understood. Who is Lynx. I know he is the enemy of the game, but still, where did he come from. Why does he look like a tiger. Is it linked to Serge continuosly having dreams about a panther attacking him? I've heard that it is an evil for of Serge, like a shadow or something. I doubt it though, since Serge was a little kid when Lynx attacked Lucca's orphanage. So, where did he come from?

This post has been edited by edge murasame on 3rd December 2003 19:30

--------------------
Post #23118
Posted: 3rd December 2003 20:58
Group Icon
SOLDIER

Quote (edge murasame @ 3rd December 2003 11:11)
Now the only thing I want to know is who was powerful enough to turn the Masamune into an evil sword. The person had to have enough power to defeat Masa and Mune, that is for sure. Masa and Mune always test their future weilder. It could have been Lynx, since I remember seeing him carrying the sword around giving when he set it up for Karshe to take.

For the entity, if it was working against fate I doubt it was working for the dragons. They wanted revenge because the CT party took away their chance to rule when they defeated Lavos. In Lucca's letter in CC, she talked about how she was always scared on what changes in the future was made when she and her friends defeated Lavos. So, I doubt that the six dragons are the entity.

I love going real deep in the story plots of games.

But here is another thing I never really understood. Who is Lynx. I know he is the enemy of the game, but still, where did he come from. Why does he look like a tiger. Is it linked to Serge continuosly having dreams about a panther attacking him? I've heard that it is an evil for of Serge, like a shadow or something. I doubt it though, since Serge was a little kid when Lynx attacked Lucca's orphanage. So, where did he come from?

lynx cannot be the killer -- lynx was not created until wazuki merged with fate in like 1006 ad after he goes to chronopolis and serge comes into contact with frozen flame. remember serge is afraid of big cats and that is why fate chose that image for wazuki (serge's father).

apparently you misunderstand the dragons -- they want revenge against humans, yes, but that is because humans destroyed them and their kind in the great war between dinopolis and chronopolis. in case you don't remember this from the chonopolis computers, every time something that isn't supposed to happen happens, the world splits off into two dimensions. when chrono & co intervened and put the reptites to rest (which was *not* supposed to happen according to the will of the entity), ca. 65 M bc, a dimension split off in which reptites subdued humans and continued to develop until the time of dinopolis. dinopolis mirrored the chronopolis of the regular dimension that chrono & co exist in (chronopolis ca 2300 ad, where lucca and balthazar's research was used to create fate) and the reptites created the dragon god, analagous to the humans' fate. lavos was able to pull through time & dimension and send chronopolis back -- and corrupt fate (except for robo/prometheus lock). there was a great inter-dimensional war in which i guess the entity or the dragon god sent dinopolis through time to counter chronopolis, but it didn't work because the humans won, and then fate split the dragon god into six lesser dragons. therefore, although the entity is prolly not the six dragons, they are working together (and again the entity is probably the planet herself).

lynx is wazuki, serge's father. he looks like a big cat because serge is afraid of big cats cause of his incident so when fate consumed wazuki she gave him that form. <--- short version

long version

in 1006 (?) serge is bitten by a big cat demon and wazuki and miguel try to take him to marbule to save him. there is a Really Bad Storm because schala is messing around with time and dimension from the tesseract and it throws miguel and wazuki into the sea of eden (side note: it also shut down fate and so this is when the dragon gods created harle). they find chornopolis and serge contacts frozen flame -- this is when he is made the only person who can ever use it (the in-game term is "arbiter"). now fate is pissed off because she needed to be able to access frozen flame. so first, she makes miguel stay in the dead sea to guard frozen flame and second, she implants herself in wazuki's mind. after wazuki takes healed serge back to aruni, he is totally consumed by fate and becomes lynx, the image of the cat demon that bit serge.
Post #23152
Posted: 5th December 2003 02:38

Dragoon

Awards:
I've red in fanfic that someone possibly lavos or someone else corrupted the masamune, but other than that i have no clue

the entity spoken of is probably lavos because remember he is the one who
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
created the time warps

that is all i understand but i'm more sure about the entity being lavos than anything else

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #23375
Posted: 5th December 2003 02:47

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I serios doubt that, because they were talking about an entity in CT rather than lavos. If they wanted to talk about lavos, they would have talked about lavos instead of talking about an unknown entity.

--------------------
Post #23380
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: