CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
North American Final Fantasy TCG Championships Announced

Posted: 13th July 2017 21:52

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
You may recall a almost a year ago when the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game was released outside of Japan, or, you might not. It would be easy because there hasn't been much hoopla around it, at least that I've seen, and I've been looking from time to time. I even have my Lightning starter deck, which is pretty neat but I don't think I'll ever be using it, as I've never been much of a player of games like TCGs.

But, if you are, or know someone who is, it might be the time to start practicing, because today Square Enix announced the first-ever wide-scale competition for North American players, the "Opus Series North American Championship 2017." The tournament will be in Los Angeles, September 16 and 17, at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport.

Registration started about two hours ago at the time I post this, and if you're serious about wanting to give it a try, you should jump on the opportunity - registration is limited to only 200 for all of North America. The entrance fee to the event is $40, and gets you in the door and gets you a little bit of rare FFTCG swag. No spectator seats are available, though the second day of the tournament will be livestreamed on Twitch and YouTube.

The prizes are significant, with trips to Japan for five days on the docket for the top four players, including entry to the world championships. The overall winner will also get a PS4 Pro, second place a PS4 Slim, Apple TVs for the semifinalists, and trophies for all of the top eight. Not a bad potential payoff if you can register to get in and get yourself to LA!

Source: Final Fantasy Trading Card Game Official Site
Post #212847
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: