CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Should FFI and II get a DS remake like the others?

Posted: 14th November 2010 13:14

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
If the rumors are true that FFV and VI are getting a DS remake for the 3DS, that leaves FFI and II as the only games in the main series to not be featured with 3D graphics. I just think it would be nice if they gave both those games a DS remake and gave the characters of FFI real personalities and somewhat gave the game itself a little more story, like they did with III. It's not something I'm begging for or anything; just saying it'd be nice if it happened.

Anyone else agree?

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #189462
Posted: 14th November 2010 13:33

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I'm gonna have to say no to that, in my opinion FF1 and FF2 shouldn't be remade again. This might be because I don't like the games too much, but I'd rather see Square-Enix work on a remake actually worth my time like FF5-FF7. The main thing I liked about Final Fantasy 1 was the characters: they were very simple people and you had to create their personalities yourself. They were completely blank slates, and without that, FF1 wouldn't be worth playing to me.

It will never happen, but I'd love to see FF5 and FF6 remakes on PlayStation 3. If they ever get remade it'll be for the DS though, but that's okay too I guess...I really want to see an FF6 remake with 3D models of all the characters.

More than anything though, I'd love to see FF7 remade for PlayStation 3. As the best FF game ever, that'd be awesome. I actually bought a PlayStation 3 in hopes that Square would come to their senses and remake my favorite FF game.

But back to FF1...I'm fine with just playing the PlayStation version, I think its the closest to the original and I wouldn't want them to mess it up even more like they did with the GBA and PSP. Dawn of Souls was terrible.

This post has been edited by Krisp on 14th November 2010 13:43
Post #189463
Posted: 14th November 2010 16:56

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Krisp @ 14th November 2010 13:33)
Dawn of Souls was terrible.

How so, if you don't mind my asking?

Yeah, I'm going to have to say no as well. FFI has had a good number of ports and remakes anyway, and I highly doubt that they could add anything in a DS/3DS version that they haven't added in previous versions to make the games seem fresh or new.

As for FFII - it's the black sheep of the series for a reason. The gameplay is maddening - the easiest way to increase your characters' stats is to have them enter a battle and hit themselves over the head. And like FFI, it's already seen its fair share of remakes.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #189467
Posted: 14th November 2010 19:00

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I just thought the difficulty was too easy, I had over 40 hours of playtime in my Origins file of FF1 whilst I only had maybe 12 on Dawn of Souls. DoS didn't really bring much more to the table and warrant another playthrough, I only own the game because I was 15 and asked for it for a christmas gift one year (my friend had previously loaned me Origins and I never beat it, so I figured the GBA game was basically the same thing only better). I was wrong.
Post #189475
Posted: 14th November 2010 19:24
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Id rather see remakes that are not on worthless handheld systems. Maybe make a 2-3 disc set for the PS3 with all the previous games (1-9 including FF3).
Post #189476
Posted: 15th November 2010 14:35

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Aeris-Logan @ 14th November 2010 19:24)
worthless handheld systems

Although I'm getting off-topic, I certainly wouldn't call the DS (and handheld systems in general) worthless. I do a lot of commuting, and when it comes to gaming, I prefer not being tethered to a console I can't afford hooked up to a TV, game quality notwithstanding (as in, making no statements as to the quality of handheld games relative to the quality of console games). That's just me.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #189508
Posted: 15th November 2010 22:55

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Aeris-Logan @ 14th November 2010 14:24)
Id rather see remakes that are not on worthless handheld systems. Maybe make a 2-3 disc set for the PS3 with all the previous games (1-9 including FF3).

Yeah, I really want that too. REAL remakes with more realistic graphics and all, but I highly doubt Square will put in the effort and money to do that for all the games in the series. IV, VI and VII are the ones that really should get those real remakes. I would say IX too, but I like IX how it is now with it's more cartoonish style.

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #189550
Posted: 9th January 2011 13:57

Black Mage

Awards:
Maybe 2 Because like me it's a black sheep and I liked the story a lot but think it needs a little more personality. Such as maybe a bit of a tweaking to the battle and level up systems to make it less annoying to make people appreciate the story more.

Plus to maybe even though I'd like to see an 8 bit version *then again if they did that I'd prefer it unchanged completely* A 3d style enhancement may increase the story with cut scenes and whatnots.

To make it more appealing to the post 7 I'd like to say post 4 generation. Why post 4? Because look at the way the characters were despite they're 2d limitations. Why post 7? Well if you don't get this one you need to go back to elementary school... JK! The cut scenes.
They were way more limited with the NES and they probably didn't think to change much on PSX,GBA and PSP. So why not remake 2. 1 Though I think every one got that put in it's place good game but no remake needed.

This post has been edited by seraphimdreamer777 on 9th January 2011 13:57

--------------------
I treasure those who I love that love me in return. <3
Post #192047
Posted: 9th January 2011 18:44

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I would prefer remakes of V, VI and VII right now. But not for DS, nor for the PS3. 3DS remakes would be Square Enix's best decision ever.
Post #192063
Posted: 22nd January 2011 03:19

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Nah, the PSP versions were good enough. FF2's problems weren't with the graphics anyway...
Post #192411
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: