CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Remake dawn of souls gba

Posted: 24th June 2009 20:57

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Very nice graphics and also nice additive that they got rid of the limit of times you can catch each spell,instead adding mp to cast.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 24th June 2009 21:59

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178542
Posted: 24th June 2009 22:03

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
...Yes.

Also, don't forget there's a PSP version, which is exactly like the GBA version with sharper graphics and two extra endgame dungeons.

But seriously, why does this topic exist?

--------------------
Post #178544
Posted: 24th June 2009 22:35

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (laszlow @ 24th June 2009 22:03)
...Yes.

Also, don't forget there's a PSP version, which is exactly like the GBA version with sharper graphics and two extra endgame dungeons.

But seriously, why does this topic exist?

Just downloaded the rom of gba version.

Only thing that bugs me is the amount of fights.

I level up too fast and then bosses end up being easy

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178546
Posted: 24th June 2009 23:35

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Wait, are you saying there's a GBA version? This is magical news!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #178554
Posted: 25th June 2009 16:35

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 24th June 2009 23:35)
Wait, are you saying there's a GBA version? This is magical news!

Yeah there is a gba version and it bugs me the amount of fights there are.

10 minutes to get to floor 3 because constant wave of monsters.

every 3 steps is a monster

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178576
Posted: 4th July 2009 18:26

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I dunno I still had to fight Chaos three four times(I lost count) despite being Level 99

you were probably in a "hall" like the hall of gigas in the earth cavern every few steps you encounter the same group of monsters*shudder*

This post has been edited by R8.50 Mango on 4th July 2009 18:27

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #179015
Posted: 4th July 2009 21:53

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (R8.50 Mango @ 4th July 2009 18:26)
I dunno I still had to fight Chaos three four times(I lost count) despite being Level 99

you were probably in a "hall" like the hall of gigas in the earth cavern every few steps you encounter the same group of monsters*shudder*

That's the one,really bugged me that place.

Also the optional dungeon(water grotto) is also annoying and has alot of fights.

Plus to add more heat to the fire,30 floors to go through,and i kid you not.

Air grotto has 55 floors i think or so.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #179034
Posted: 5th July 2009 20:12

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
The three elemental dungeons have 10, 20, 30, and 40 floors respectively. They're pretty easy to run through once you've made it through the game. Really, the only problem with Dawn of Souls is that the entire game is simply waaay too easy. Especially considering the nigh-hardcore difficulty of the NES original.

--------------------
Post #179069
Posted: 14th July 2009 22:28

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (laszlow @ 5th July 2009 20:12)
The three elemental dungeons have 10, 20, 30, and 40 floors respectively. They're pretty easy to run through once you've made it through the game. Really, the only problem with Dawn of Souls is that the entire game is simply waaay too easy. Especially considering the nigh-hardcore difficulty of the NES original.

For some odd reason i found the first ff very easy in comparison to some of ffX bosses who were trully tough and made life miserable.

Especially yunalesca and the ghost of seymour.

Thing is that,if you do not know the trick,it is dificult because you do not know what to expect and event hen he has a bad tendency towards doing either instant death techs or near death techniques.

Yunalesca is just plain annoying with her zombie tech and her stupid insta death techs.

Anyways the hard part was the beginning of ff1 when you did ice cave and when you went into marsh cave.

I found kary,tiamat,kranken and kaos to be quite easy.

by the time you fight kranken you wil have lightning based items like zeus gauntlet and thor hammer wich you get there wich is extremely overpowered.In the sky tower there are some nasty enemies like evil eye who cast xxx and evil mans but even those aren't that bad.

I was alot more frustrated in the final dungeon in bof2 before fighting barubary who i always used to be barbarity the dragon you see in the cave at the beginning with the hero and the companion as a child.

The problem with marsh cave,is that the stupid dungeon is full of enemies who poison and if you are not equipped with well and fully prepared you will suffer the consecuences.

in marsh cave you have enemies who:

poison
paralize

that is all as far as i remember,poison being the worse if you do not have any antidotes.and the first time you fight piscatores,they can be dificult because they are rather strong.Piscatores are the guys who look like wizards but aren't wizards,they are pure melee wizards with quite a good amount of hp and you encounter them when you get astos crown.

Those guys appear alot in lich cave and are easier by the time you fight for the second time,also tones of giants who give money and there are a few poisonous creatures wich are easy as well.

Ice cave annoyed me a little because of the insta death wizard guys,the frost enemies were easy to deal with,its just deadly if you encounter the wizard guys.Also make sure you aren't underleveled or you won't be able to do either ice cave or temple of ordeals or was it castle? you know,where you get the rat tail.

Apart from that they are not that tough.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #179409
Posted: 16th July 2009 22:08

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN EPL, 2010. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
The three elemental dungeons have 10, 20, 30, and 40 floors respectively.  They're pretty easy to run through once you've made it through the game.  Really, the only problem with Dawn of Souls is that the entire game is simply waaay too easy.  Especially considering the nigh-hardcore difficulty of the NES original.

Having been playing through the original for awhile it's not that hard. I beat chaos in about 6 rounds at level 29

And while doing a low level run I beat chaos at level 9.

This post has been edited by Messier17 on 16th July 2009 22:09

--------------------
If god is all-forgiving then why do we have to kill people in his name?
Post #179456
Posted: 20th July 2009 21:55

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Messier17 @ 16th July 2009 22:08)
The three elemental dungeons have 10, 20, 30, and 40 floors respectively.  They're pretty easy to run through once you've made it through the game.  Really, the only problem with Dawn of Souls is that the entire game is simply waaay too easy.  Especially considering the nigh-hardcore difficulty of the NES original.

Having been playing through the original for awhile it's not that hard. I beat chaos in about 6 rounds at level 29

And while doing a low level run I beat chaos at level 9.

Pretty good,how did you get that far without dying?

I mean i couldn't even do the ice cave at a really low level cause them wolves and evil eyes hit hard.

10-20 i would say might work,and you would need to generate some cash to get the best heals and hopefully get the best gear for your character.

Problem would be,at low level low hp and if its low enough fast death.

I wouldn't want to be caught fighting tiamat at lvl 9 with no alit.

And you would need to use some sort of defensive magic no? to raise defense or evasion?

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #179558
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: