CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Misc. 'n Fanart (NSF56k)

Posted: 29th February 2008 05:58
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Complete and utter lack of love for this thread it seams. Not much I can do about that I guess...cept making quadruple posts or wherever the hell it's at now. tongue.gif

Been on a big Avatar kick for the past few months. I mean this is very much a drop in the bucket compared to how much fanart I've made for this show.
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Oh and some character doodles from Gunnerkrigg Court cause I was bored.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 29th February 2008 06:04

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #163365
Posted: 29th February 2008 12:45

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 10)
Never really get to watch TV anymore so I haven't seen more than a few episodes of Avatar. Love the motion depicted in the pic with the girl who has the water power. (I think she is the one that uses water.) And the animations are pretty sweet too. I need to learn how to do that.

The goth chick and Count Your Sheep are nice.

Your pictures always have a great sense of motion.

I was looking through some of this post's earlier pages and there were quite a few amazing pics. I saw a few that weren't in your usual style that were very impressive.

EDIT: Ah phooey. My Member Rank isn't all glowy anymore.

This post has been edited by Rujuken on 29th February 2008 12:47

--------------------
-- You're Gonna Carry That Weight --
Post #163371
Posted: 29th February 2008 23:00

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I luff the rawk-owt Toph! heart.gif She's shaking the ground with that, right? xD

Do a picture of Iroh! Pretty please smile.gif

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #163390
Posted: 1st March 2008 13:39

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
I love the Avatar artwork.
I've really missed seeing your stuff.

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #163427
Posted: 2nd March 2008 08:31
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Rujuken @ 29th February 2008 05:45)
I saw a few that weren't in your usual style that were very impressive.

Which one's 'r those? I'm actually curious to know.

It's a very weird sensation when hearing someone talk about my 'style' of art, considering that when I first started posting work here, I had no style to call my own, I really didn't. Check it:

user posted image

One of my earliest bits of fanart I ever submitted here, so obviously it's poorly imitated anime like every other budding artist who ever posted on the internet. tongue.gif The progression from there to now was like my puberty...it wasn't even aware it had started until I was neck deep in it! I'm guess my point is it's kinda trippy for me, cause now I'm aware of this so-called 'style' and I have no idea where it came from. That's kinda disconcerting really...

But it's there so...y'know...there it is.

Anyway, a new month, a new theme. Public Domain characters: characters that aint copyrighted. I went with Red Riding Hood...as seen by American McGee. tongue.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #163493
Posted: 11th March 2008 05:27

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Narratorway @ 2nd March 2008 03:31)
Quote (Rujuken @ 29th February 2008 05:45)
I saw a few that weren't in your usual style that were very impressive.

Which one's 'r those? I'm actually curious to know.

You usually display a cartoon-ish animation kind of style (if there's a real name to this style, I probably don't know it : / ), so I can guess he's referring to the ones with a stronger comic book influence, like the mask Joker one on page 3.

Wow, 2 1/2 years and 5 pages later and you're still kickin' out some cool pics for this thread. And some of them seem so random, like the roller waitress chick, that it makes me giggle.

--------------------
Post #163865
Posted: 20th March 2008 22:45
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Galsic @ 10th March 2008 22:27)
And some of them seem so random, like the roller waitress chick, that it makes me giggle.

Well a good majority of my stuph is motivated by the actions of others. Most everything I've done is from something I've seen whilst parusing teh intranetz. I imagine that gives off the illusion of randomness.

Like this:

user posted image

But not so much this:

user posted image

--------------------
Post #164301
Posted: 23rd March 2008 18:40

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 10)
Yes, the Joker pic was one I was refering to. Another was a pic of a guy with a horned helmet, one of the horns being broken off. That was on page 3.

--------------------
-- You're Gonna Carry That Weight --
Post #164436
Posted: 17th May 2008 06:04
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Yeah, the Joker one was actually done off of reference and the Hellgirl (yeah, it's supposed to be a chick tongue.gif) was me attempting a straight out comic style. I quickly learned it was not for me.

Alright, so if it seems like it's been awhile since I did any real worthwhile updates, it's not for lack of content...trust me! But the majority of the work during this year has been focused on a subject I doubt many here are familiar with, and they're mostly in-jokes anyway. So here's what's recent:

user posted image
Done during breaks at work today.

user posted image
Actually this is fanart for Count Your Sheep, but I'm too tired to find the specific comic it references.

user posted image
Also done at work to kill the boooooooring. But the boring just...can't...be...stopped!

--------------------
Post #167021
Posted: 9th June 2008 05:06
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
More nonsense done whilst battleing the ever present evil of full time employment. tongue.gif

There was this art meme a short while back where everyone was posting themselves as teenagers compared to who they are today.
user posted image
This lil ditty is completely true by the way. I made it a point to always be aggressively behind the times.

So there's a Power Girl thread round that comic art forum I talk about. Figured I'd jump in.
user posted image

...and this last one was cause I was bored tonight. tongue.gif Fanart of this webcomic I stumbled upon and I'm not even that interested in it.
user posted image

--------------------
Post #168039
Posted: 1st August 2008 18:54
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I saw something...horrible today...

user posted image

--------------------
Post #171049
Posted: 1st August 2008 19:52

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Did you really wear glasses like that when you were 12? And lol at Beethoven. Not that there's anything wrong with classical music; I enjoy a good classical tune nowadays, but I don't think I appreciated that sort of thing back when I was a young'n (probably shoot myself if I still enjoyed the kind of crap I did back then tongue.gif ).

--------------------
Post #171052
Posted: 1st August 2008 23:32

SOLDIER

Awards:
Quote (Narratorway @ 31st December 2006 14:14)

I had to throw a comment in on this set of pics:

1) Leprechaun is hilarious (If I haven't said that already)

2) Hey, Look! I'm riding a big, furry tractor!

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #171057
Posted: 23rd August 2008 05:38
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Galsic @ 1st August 2008 12:52)
Did you really wear glasses like that when you were 12?

What? It's not like I wanted 'em that big. By the way, despite the stylized view, them lenses are pretty proportional to what I orignally had.

Okay, so here's MOAR misc junk.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Post #171729
Posted: 29th August 2008 16:25
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Oh 'n 'fore I fergit...moar stuph that has nothing to do with anything!

user posted image

Edit
Ahem...fergot one.. blush.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 29th August 2008 18:12

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #171904
Posted: 29th August 2008 18:07

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Brilliant work Narratorway! As always, you've managed to perfectly capture the characters' motions in still frame art.

(Oh, and I love all the Avatar stuff! Katara bending water and Sokka/Toph rocking out are awesome)

Keep it coming!
Post #171907
Posted: 9th September 2008 01:21

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Well, I've seen some amazing artwork here. And I do mean AMAZING
O.O
ohmy.gif
Keep up teh good works. biggrin.gif

Now if only my scans were not so big, I would post some up here tongue.gif

--------------------
"Speak louder. I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Post #172077
Posted: 27th September 2008 07:07
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Kane: Like I said, that's just the tip of Titanic crushing iceberg. Seriously, there was a thread in a avatar forum that went on for fifteen pages!

NaD: Actually the majority of my recent drawings have been life drawings done on paper too big for my scanner. It's why I've been a bit lax uploading stuph. But here's some new stuph anyway:

Chicks...doin stuph!

Yeah the arms wonky on the drummer girl, but when I redrew, I didn't bother to scan it...cause y'know...it's so much work! tongue.gif

Also: Kid that's camping.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 27th September 2008 07:13

--------------------
Post #172378
Posted: 20th October 2008 04:05
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
October: Time myth, magicks and magicians!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 20th October 2008 04:06

--------------------
Post #172752
Posted: 23rd January 2009 03:05
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I'm all tired 'n shee-it, so I aint gon do much beyond post some recent stuph: No explanations this time...gun hafta use da imaginations!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

--------------------
Post #174983
Posted: 23rd January 2009 05:43

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
And the randomness continues! Seems your inspiration knows no bounds. And, yeah, if there's supposed to be a theme to the last batch, heck if I can make sense of it.

You've done Brock's fury justice smile.gif .

--------------------
Post #174986
Posted: 19th March 2010 18:41
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Hmm...has it been a while. Yeah, I think it has...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Post #184409
Posted: 30th March 2010 04:41

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
The rats look familiar for some reason; can't quite put my finger on it. Of course, it could be just a resemblance to Sherlock Holmes and Watson, I suppose.

Whatevah, it all looks good, as usual.

--------------------
Post #184661
Posted: 31st March 2010 00:24

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Is that April O'Neal up there, Narratorway?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #184701
Posted: 31st March 2010 00:51

Crusader

Awards:
i love your spy, are there anymore tf 2 drawings?

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #184702
Posted: 31st March 2010 01:04

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Galsic @ 29th March 2010 23:41)
The rats look familiar for some reason; can't quite put my finger on it. Of course, it could be just a resemblance to Sherlock Holmes and Watson, I suppose.

Whatevah, it all looks good, as usual.

I'm 100% certain it's Basil and Dawson from The Great Mouse Detective, which is a straight-up awesome Holmes parody made by Disney at least 20 or 30 years ago. And NP's version is uncanny.

--------------------
Post #184703
Posted: 31st March 2010 05:09
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 30th March 2010 17:24)
Is that April O'Neal up there, Narratorway?

Of course not! Don't be silly!

It's April O'Neil. tongue.gif

Hey! Who remembers the 80's?

user posted image

--------------------
Post #184708
Posted: 3rd October 2010 17:22
Behemoth

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Been awhile 'asnt it? Well, I aint dead and a new (albeit) smaller bit of webspace and a computer that runs again means I got more 80's nostalgia to wax dramatic:

user posted image

Also MOAR Avatar...as seen by Chris Sanders!

user posted image

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 30th July 2011 19:26

--------------------
Post #188111
Posted: 3rd October 2010 19:07

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Great stuff, as always!

Is it just me though, or does Momo look half-Stitch?
Post #188114
Posted: 4th October 2010 04:20

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Narratorway: Don't ever stop posting your misc. drawings! They always provide for entertainment. Kthanks. Also, happy to hear that you've got your little webspace issue behind you.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #188128
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: