CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Question for devs on bumping

Posted: 31st August 2009 09:52

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I got a question devs that i need answering

If a post is old and it has a topic that you already thought of do you:

A:bump it?

or

B:make a new one?

I don't want to piss off anybody on this forum

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #180908
Posted: 31st August 2009 13:13

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Well, you've already done several things in the past that have annoyed me, but hey, I'm glad you're asking now.

The general idea is this, taken straight from the forum rules:
c. Posting Common Topics: Similarly, don't make multiple posts about the same topic if you can help it. It's courteous to use the search function to see what has been posted before, but we don't require it. However, you certainly should scan recent posts to make sure that there isn't another conversation you can join instead of starting the umpteenth "who do you lak better cloud or sephie!!1!!one" thread.

In general, there's no hard and fast rule. If there's a thread in which you really have something to say, then bump it. If you create a new thread, and we know an identical thread already exists, we'll probably merge it for you anyway. However, if you are bumping a thread just to say something like "I love Cloud," don't bother, because nobody will care.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 31st August 2009 13:14

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #180913
Posted: 31st August 2009 13:16

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
You can bring older threads back, since it saves us the trouble of merging the two topics together. We prefer that you use the search function in the forums to look for a topic that may have already been discussed. The forums have been around for a very long time now - you should anticipate that topics like "favorite character" have been done time and time again.

For a question you didn't ask but fits into the umbrella of the thread title, 'bumping' your own thread is only allowed if you have some sort of new update and is generally only accepted in a Your Creations thread. Making a meaningless post to bring your own thread to the top of the list isn't allowed.

e;fb

This post has been edited by Neal on 31st August 2009 13:16

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #180914
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: