CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FLS Question...

Posted: 18th August 2002 03:12

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Hey, Corda, in FLS, are physical attacks going to reach 9999 as easily as they did in FF6? I think attacks should be much weaker, because by the end of the game magic had no real use (just like in FF8).

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #1238
Posted: 19th August 2002 12:19
Onion Knight

Awards:
Well, we're not entirely sure yet, but suffice to say magic won't become obsolete by the end of the game, because of the way in which the battle system is designed. Physical attacks will on the whole be weaker than magic, except for maybe in a few physcially gifted characters, but making the damage 9999HP is probably not a good idea.

Not only that, but (to give a little of the basic plot away  ;)) there are two worlds, and multiple races in the game, each with different sorts of skills and cultures which affect their way of battle.

Basically, physical attacks will not render magic useless, because physical attacks may not be of use all the time, or may be prone to risk or failure, or may not work at all against some bosses: It'll be about WHEN physical attacks are useful, and not just simply a guaranteed 9999HP of damage every time.
Post #1274
Posted: 20th August 2002 02:14

Crusader

Awards:
That's cool, because when everybody does 9999 at lv. 70, the game gets quite repetitive. Looking forward to FLS!

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #1325
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: