CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Quitting Smoking

Posted: 28th January 2016 14:50

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I'm on day 8 as of 10:30 am central today.

It's very very painful and mentally exhausting but I can breathe real good. biggrin.gif

Any tips and tricks you've heard or know? Any advice you can think of?

It's nice to be off the nico-teat lol

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210403
Posted: 5th February 2016 17:30

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Play a very addicting video game that you can't put down. Try not leaving home as much as possible til any urges go away. Some people sleep A LOT to avoid feeling the cravings too.

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210447
Posted: 7th February 2016 19:07

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I don't have any advice to offer but I can offer my wishing you the best!

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210466
Posted: 7th February 2016 23:22

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Today I am in day 18 of quitting. I feel awful, but I'm just starting to get to where I can make do.

I moved my stereo and computer into my bedroom because the cat wouldn't stop stomping around.

I experimented with streaming games live to my steam friends today. My computer will do it, but it cannot last long doing it. I give it two months, maybe three before it'd overheat and I'd need a new computer.

But it'll do it, at any rate.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210469
Posted: 10th February 2016 10:28

Returner

"Nothing easier than quitting smoking. I did it hundreds of times!"

Mark Twain

PS on a serious (?) note, good luck and have faith! smile.gif

--------------------
My name is Goblin. James Goblin.
Post #210482
Posted: 16th March 2016 14:28

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
I've already given my support in chat, but it can't help to stack encouragement, right? Keep up the good work, Spoons!

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #210624
Posted: 16th March 2016 18:46

Black Waltz

Awards:
DAY 56

Withdrawal pains are starting to seem more like regular hunger or an itchy rash, as opposed to lifestyle-altering pain and suffering.

I've smelled cigarette smoke since quitting. It smells like melted plastic.

I like the taste of Ramen with Red Beans. smile.gif I enjoy the smell of the wind coming over the hill in the morning. And I see clearer, and with a hair more vivid color. Smoking shrinks the capillaries in one's eyes, so those capillaries are now restoring their former robust function. smile.gif

All I need now is for my senses of touch and hearing to be enhanced, and quitting smoking will have turned me into Daredevil biggrin.gif Hehehe.

Thank you guys for your support, it means a lot to me.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210628
Posted: 16th March 2016 18:47

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (Spooniest @ 7th February 2016 18:22)
I give it two months, maybe three before it'd overheat and I'd need a new computer.

P.S. -

I am surprised at how sort-of-accurate this prediction was. It only lasted a month, but it didn't overheat; the power supply died.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210629
Posted: 16th March 2016 21:06

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I know how it feels. I stopped smoking a few years back and I felt a lot better after about a month. Stay strong, man. The more time that passes, the easier it gets. However, for me it didn't stay that way.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #210634
Posted: 19th April 2016 18:12

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
So I quit smoking three weeks ago. I thought maybe I just didn't feel like buying another pack since then, but I thought about this topic and I honestly thought "you know what? it's time for me to quit" and I haven't had a craving in a while yeah so I think I'm done. Like, for good this time!

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #210789
Posted: 19th April 2016 21:58

Black Waltz

Awards:
Most triumphant!!

I'm still at it. I've lost count of the days, though I think it's close to 100 at this point.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210791
Posted: 11th May 2016 15:44

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Glad to hear you're last update was that you where still going strong. Just lost an uncle who died from a complication caused by his smoking. We weren't the closest but it definitely reminded me what smoking is doing to the people i care about. I'm sure you've got people that are as glad for you as i'd be if one of them where to quit. Just figured i'd throw that out there. Maybe it might help you at some point?

--------------------
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #210823
Posted: 11th May 2016 19:50

Black Waltz

Awards:
Still goin, yeah. My singing voice is starting to sound truly bitching.

I still want one, though, badly. It's really awful.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210824
Posted: 12th May 2016 00:18

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Just hang in there. Maybe try hitting karaoke with some friends?

--------------------
Post #210830
Posted: 12th May 2016 03:44

Black Waltz

Awards:
It's kind of funny how people assume everyone just has friends...I'm not trying to be acerbic.

None of my friends has time to go anywhere or do anything. One is a Costco Forklift Driver with two young boys, one is a Reggae singer with two teenage children, one is a bass player who's given up music and is finishing law school.

I'm the only person I know with nothing to do but quit smoking. I appreciate your concern, but all I can really do is wait it out.

I do have a show tomorrow night, though, so...uh...I'm the sort who doesn't need a teleprompter to remember the words, aheh. biggrin.gif

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210831
Posted: 29th June 2016 01:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I know what it's like to not have easily-accessible friends to do whatever. Sometimes you just gotta create your own world by yourself...

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #210990
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: