CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
World of Final Fantasy

Posted: 21st May 2017 10:40

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Anyone else playing this?

I picked it up a month or two ago, and I'm almost at the end. It's really cute, and great for people who have played most of the FF games and recognize the characters.

One downside I found is that you can end up trapped in a section for over an hour before getting to a save point, and sometimes the dungeons are a little boring (just go forward for a long time while fighting random battles). I think the bridge part was the worst for that so far.

This game is a little bit like Pokemon in that you collect mirages (very cute monsters) and then they can learn abilities and be transfigured into other, bigger mirages. For battles, you stack them to use abilities, so one character gets two mirages at a time.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #212673
Posted: 21st May 2017 14:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I got it for Christmas, having asked for it because I knew it would be a Final Fantasy that my daughter would really like experiencing. That said, I really don't have time to play more than one game at a time by and large, and I'm still in the middle of XV (and my daughter has really enjoyed it, too).

I'm a little disappointed to hear your points about save points and encounter rates, but at the very least there's the PS4's rest mode to try to make it a little more livable.

I have a friend at work who's wanting me to pick this up next - maybe I actually will!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #212674
Posted: 21st May 2017 23:17

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
You should, it's a fun game! There's a cameo or two from almost every Final Fantasy, from the first one up.

I don't have a lot of time for games either - being an adult is hard. tongue.gif I'm just playing this one now. I think I started around Easter.

--------------------
Post #212675
Posted: 16th June 2017 22:31

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
I finished it! I have a few post-game dungeons to do, too.

I definitely recommend this game, especially if you've played most of the main final fantasy games.

--------------------
Post #212749
Posted: 10th July 2017 07:49
Returner

The game so awesome!!

This post has been edited by nedarivers on 23rd November 2017 09:16
Post #212841
Posted: 12th March 2018 13:26

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I've finally started this up now - my wife was out of town this weekend and my daughter chose to start this rather than play more Final Fantasy X Remaster in our extra gaming time.

It definitely is what it advertises - a super-cute take on the Final Fantasy world. We're about three hours in, and we've just about gotten to the boss of the goblins in Cornelia. I can agree that the encounter rate is slightly frustrating, with it being a bit of a throwback to what we used to expect for encounter rates in a Final Fantasy game. I don't think it would be so bad if not for the fact that in a given area, the monster encounters aren't very varied. Maybe that improves later, but right now I'm tired of seeing the same groups of various goblins and black nakks, with my ability to imprism them unavailable.

The dialogue is a little ridiculous, too, with it skewing a little hard towards being ultra-cute, but I have to admit I do like the characters when they appear in small doses.

All in all so far, I'm glad we started it up. It's shaping up to be a great family Final Fantasy, with even my six-year-old able to read most of it and participate actively in battles. Definitely going to try to squeeze some more in around homework tonight.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214585
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: