CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Hardest Game

Posted: 24th June 2005 23:50

Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Zombies Ate My Neighbors, hands down. that game was a freakin' Stallion. There were 55 levels guys, don't forget the secret ones.

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #87361
Posted: 25th June 2005 08:05

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
N: Way of the Ninja is absolutely the hardest, most rewarding, and most addictive game I've run across. Hands down. Only 200 or so people have beaten it, like, ever.

Edit: The fact that I actually know that fact saddens me.

This post has been edited by Kablizzy on 25th June 2005 08:07

--------------------
Head Administrator, Lead Developer, and Official Proposition-Master of Heroes of Ivalice.
Post #87385
Posted: 25th June 2005 09:39

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Argh!!! I agree!! It got me so frustrated everytime I couldn't complete a level that I quit it for good.
Post #87389
Posted: 25th June 2005 16:55

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Racthoh @ 1st June 2005 14:58)

FFIII without the blessing of savestates. I tried it once resisting the urge to use them. I couldn't do it, just way too hard.

Hmm, never gave me much trouble. Even in expert mode(psx) I was able to beat it without too much trouble. Then again I gain levels insanely, so that it's too easy.
And no, I don't use the lete river cheat. I wish someone would make a hack where the only thing changed is the monster stats, that way it would be way harder.
Try gaining tons of levels.

Anywho, my hardest game goes to FF4 hard type. Damn man, the bosses in that were demons sent by satin himself. I was able to get to the end of the game and the final save point, with lvls 60 and above, but then my short attention span got to me and i stopped playing it for a while. The game was lost when I moved so I was never able to finish it.

I am playing a translated ff4ht rom though, current progress: About to enter the tower of Zot.

Damn Valvalis! mad.gif

This post has been edited by Bulbonius on 25th June 2005 16:56

--------------------
Ff7 current game progress:Just finished the underwater reactor, on to rocket town!
Post #87418
Posted: 25th June 2005 19:15

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
He's talking about the Japanese FF III, for NES, which is quite difficult. Anyone who thinks that FF VI/IIIus is a very difficult game is seriously lacking in skillz.

--------------------
Post #87433
Posted: 25th June 2005 20:04

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Oh, never had the pleasure of playing that one...
Can't find a friggin translation.

Sorry I must stop referring to FFVI as FF3.

Damn american translators.

--------------------
Ff7 current game progress:Just finished the underwater reactor, on to rocket town!
Post #87444
Posted: 26th June 2005 16:08

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (laszlow @ 25th June 2005 14:15)
He's talking about the Japanese FF III, for NES, which is quite difficult.  Anyone who thinks that FF VI/IIIus is a very difficult game is seriously lacking in skillz.

Yeah, FF3 was pretty hard, but it was only really challenging (for me) at the final boss. Of course, I was like, level 55, so yeah...

It was just a little annoying since he'd only use Flare Wave OVER AND OVER!!! mad.gif

Really makes me wish that wasn't his only attack.

This post has been edited by Random Person on 26th June 2005 16:08

--------------------
~ Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy! ~
Post #87494
Posted: 5th July 2005 21:00

Black Mage

Awards:
The hardest game i ever played was... well i never really had problems with most games but i think that zombies ate my neighbors was very diffcult near the end around lvl 50, it took me quiet a while to beat it.

--------------------
"To be forgotten is worst than death." Freya , FF9

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we dont exist." Vivi, FF9

Post #88468
Posted: 8th July 2005 00:29

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (footbigmike @ 15th June 2005 19:43)
1. Perfect dark for the GB. I cant even get past the training missions!! It's like, dont run, or youll get caught, don't be seen, or you'll get caught. If you walk, you'll be seen. dry.gif

2. Sonic adventures DX. The chao races. Not exactly hard it just takes a LOT of time to train them up.

3.Timesplitters 2. Dam. Hard mode. Chopper, zombies, fire, S.W.A.T teams, snipers etc. *sigh*. I'll do it eventually

Ha dam on hard is a walk in the park compared to wild west. Cant even do that on cooperative. As soon as you begin this guy pops round the corner and BAM! shotgun headshot takes most of your life. You have to dodge him immediately, and thats just the beginning lol. i dread to think what robot factory is like on hard.

I'd agree with TS2 as hardest that i have played (if you want to get all platinum awards. Managed i think 46 platinum and 20 gold, or around that mark

--------------------
"Die? That's the last thing i'm gonna do!"
Post #88898
Posted: 11th July 2005 13:46

Dragoon

Awards:
Let's see:
Super Mario Bros. 1-3 for the NES (It took me forever to beat them!)
Star Fox (SNES): fun game, but a couple of levels seem impossible.
Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA): it can be hard and frusturating just doing everyhting, especially when the game has super-cheap opponents.
Final Fantasy V: The Bosses are SO darn Hard, they are just too hard.

That's it.

This post has been edited by GamblingCat on 11th July 2005 13:47
Post #89562
Posted: 13th July 2005 10:40

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
trust me on DVC 3 Dante must die is nothing compared to hell on heaven or something like that it makes you want to cry the enemies are like bosses they are insane
Post #89927
Posted: 13th July 2005 11:35

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Cloud @ 13th July 2005 05:40)
trust me on DVC 3 Dante must die is nothing compared to hell on heaven or something like that it makes you want to cry the enemies are like bosses they are insane

Something tells me you haven't beaten the game yet.... Heven or Hell is the mode unlocked after DMD, and it's the same as Hard Mode except you can kill any enemy in one shot and any enemy can kill you in one shot. My friend Katie, who's beaten the game on DMD and HOH, says that it was easier than Normal, because you can just use Gunslinger and spam E&I the entire game.

--------------------
Post #89931
Posted: 13th July 2005 19:38

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
what....i never beat dante must die i just used the cheat hmmm i dont know i couldnt get past mission 2 on heaven or hell so maybe i just suck lol
Post #89973
Posted: 13th July 2005 20:15
Returner

Bubble Bobble......hrff
Post #89978
Posted: 5th July 2017 19:08

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
1) Battletoads - This thread should actually be titled "Hardest Game (Besides Battletoads)" because there are games that have come close, but NOTHING is as hard as that game. But it was honestly huge amounts of fun through it all. An unlimited lives cheat is all but a requirement for anyone that hasn't logged the time required to memorize every level, every jump, and every vehicle stage, but I've got to give it up for how different and interesting they made each level.

2) Super Ghouls & Ghosts - Most of the time it's "Take two hits and you're dead", which was hard enough. But no, this game threw an especially cruel curve ball at you. When you get to the end of the game, they literally send you BACK to the beginning to tell you to find a special weapon to kill the end guy with, and you have to then do EVERY SINGLE LEVEL. AGAIN. And each level is HARDER. This was a pretty unforgiving game and the double jumps were very difficult to master.
Post #212818
Posted: 6th July 2017 09:39

Black Mage

Awards:
I'll try to name games by certain categories. I won't get all categories, but I'll get as many as I remember...(some games fit in multiple genres)

Platformer: Battletoads

Sports: Tecmo World Wrestling

Adventure/Action: Zelda 2: Adventure of Link

RPG: Fallout (original)

FPS: Bayou Billy

Shooter: Gradius I

Survival Horror: System Shock

Puzzle: Lilly Pad (can't remember the original title, but you have to touch all of the lily pads/blocks/spaces without backtracking)

Interactive/Visual Novel: Shadowgate

That's all I can think of at the moment.

--------------------
"So, are you a fan of the Fett?"

"Nah, I'm more of a Star Wars guy."
Post #212820
Posted: 6th July 2017 14:07

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Ninja gaiden NES:Pit falls everywhere, monsters who push you in pits, infinite spawning eagles who gang up on you and either push you in the pit or kill you outright, and non respawning items needed to survive.Fleamen at the last level wil drive you insane, and if you die at the boss and run out of lives, you start at the beginning of the stage which is 6-1.
Ghost and goblins NES SNES PSP:2 hits you die, ridiculously underpowered weapons, impossible adds, and having to beat the game twice.
Ninja turtles NES:It starts off easy, but soon as you start getting to stage 3 and 4, things become very intense in difficulty, and to make matters worse:Pizza doesn't respawn if you are in a area, but monsters do.You got ridiculous platform jumps, the electricity algae on a small time limit and you can't swim.On the 2 last levels, enemies with way too much health and move too fast to kil, making it ridiculous.
Dark Souls PS3:The game is very very challenging, and there are plenty of trial and error moments, or dying by accidentally walking off a cliff or rolling into a pit.Some bosses have insane hitboxes and a lot or most can at the most 2 shot or even 3 shot you..If you want to really challenge, then go to new game+7 and play on sl1 with only fists, and see if your sanity wil remain intact.
Wizardry Apple 2:First of all:Its very old, so you need to investigate how to set up a save file and draw your map.This game gets harder with enemies who drain your permanent stats such as vampires and there are pitfall traps in all sorts of areas, and navigating these kinds of places is not fun when you got a teleporter who teleports you in some unspecified area and you have to find out where you are so you can draw the maps by hand.
Baldurs gate PC:Can be frustrating, especially if you don't know how to play and fight tougher enemies who will kill you.It plays much like other real time games where you pause the game and think through what you have to do to win.Quests are at times confusing and figuring out where to go can be annoying.
Vampire the masquerade redemption PC:Some bosses are legendary in difficulty due to the fact that you lose control due to your character being frenzied.The bosses often might drop you down to quarter health in 1 or 2 hits, leading to lots of reloading and lots of swearing and frustration.I actually beat all the bosses luckily, but it took me a long time to beat the first optional boss, and second.
Castlevania NES:PItfalls with enemies who push you in, and what is called the hallway of pain.The reason its called this,is because you have to:1Get to the boss with a good weapon, such as boomerang or holy water.2:Try to get one of the roman numerals so you get multiple shots 3:Get there with full life if you can, and four try to kill the boss without dying so you don't have to get more stuff.If you survived death and frankenstein with that fleaman, then it gets worse yet.The giant bat monster becomes a regular monster ou have to avoid and you got fleamen which spawn in a tight quarter that jump up platforms and hit you constantly, making the last level a pain.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212825
Posted: 7th July 2017 07:15

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Oh cool a chance to stroke me own genitals. Christ this thread is old.
I've beaten Ninja Gaiden happy.gif

and Castlevania 1 no continues. Although you'd find that hard to believe after seeing my video

..aand Ghosts N Goblins by credit feeding the arcade version, just one loop. It was like pulling teeth, would not recommend.

Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 6th July 2017 14:07)
Dark Souls PS3:...If you want to really challenge, then go to new game+7 and play on sl1 with only fists, and see if your sanity wil remain intact.

NG+7 SL1 Fist only?!? jeez isn't that impossible? You'd be dealing 1dmg per hit afaik, so bosses would take several hours of perfect play. Nah.

I have done a fist-weapons run, a randomised build run, and a pacifist run however - the last one was super challenging and fun - only killing mandatory bosses.

Agreed on oldschool Wizardry though, I wouldn't go that far back for my gaming, NES is the limit for me usually

Quote (chevleclair @ 6th July 2017 09:39)
Shooter: Gradius I

Gradius 1 Is easy compared to most arcade shooters I'd say. Gradius III arcade is the one that really screws people up.

Try Battle Garegga aka My Eyes Are Bleeding sometime.

tongue.gif snuck two links to my own channel in hope no one notices

Phantasy Star II could be up there for one of the hardest JRPGs ever, maybe?

This post has been edited by Blinge Odonata on 7th July 2017 07:16

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #212828
Posted: 8th July 2017 22:30

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Blinge a guy named bleeding bullet on youtube did a live stream and he actually beat dark souls without dying once.Not SL1 but he beat it.

There are some crazy people i've heard of.I heard there was this guy who beat dark souls hacked so he had 1 health and 1 stamina just to add more difficulty.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212833
Posted: 9th July 2017 18:23

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Yeah the latter would be LobosJR. I'm a fan of his challenge runs, cool guy
( he also plays in a covers band called The Returners wink.gif )

Not dying once is probably way easier in Dark Souls than in Ninja Gaiden or CVIII .
There's plenty of ways to make Souls easier for yourself after all.

The thing that stops me attempting a deathless run is Bed of Chaos.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #212839
Posted: 9th July 2017 19:42

Crusader

Awards:
Yeah lobosJr thats the guy i heard about from bullet who does crazy challenges.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212840
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: